The last poster wins

TheCalliton

They advertise you can download a 20gb game with a 6mbit connection under 3 minutes.

Here's some math and data transfer rates data for you:

MB = Megabyte

Mb = Megabit

GB = Gigabyte

Gb = Gigabit

KB = Kilobyte

6Mb/s = 768KB/s

6MB/s = 6144KB/s

20Gb = 2560MB = 2621440KB

20GB = 20480MB = 20971520KB

If the speed is 6Mb/s constant and the download is 20GB it would last 20971520 / 768 = 27307s = 455m 11s = 7h 35m 11s

If the speed is 6MB/s constant and the download is 20GB it would last 20971520 / 6144 = 3413s = 56m 53s

If the speed is 6Mb/s constant and the download is 20Gb it would last 2621440 / 768 = 3413s = 56m 53s

If the speed is 6MB/s constant and the download is 20Gb it would last 2621440 / 6144 = 427s = 7m 1s

But the speed isn't constant, it fluctuates, I have 3Gb speed that fluctuates anywhere from 300KB/s to 650kKB/s, translating that to 6Mb speed it would amount to 650KB/s to 1300KB/s and with that in mind, the actual download rate is somewhat faster than what the math tells. So in theory, you can download a 20Gb file at 6MB/s at under 3 minutes, but only in ideal circumstances.

Put simply, people get screwed over by capitalization, Gb is 8x smaller than GB, same as how Mb is 8x smaller than MB. A lot of people don't know the difference between MB/Mb and GB/Gb and think they are one and the same, so they will fall for the marketing. You can see the same ads in Croatia but unlike the rest of the dumbbells around here, I actually know what each measurement means. :smile:

Yup i was correct in my math, sort of.

Also damn my Sennheiser px250 11 headphones never sounded better with a headphone amp, I mean wow, almost overwhelming to the ear. I maxed it out around 105db which is the max of my headphones so to speak.

I don't like that real punchy bass that destroys your ears, so i had to eq some of it out. Same bloody sound quality as my speaker setup. Amazing sound from that headphone amp on the sound blaster z. Pushing my headphones to the maximum, never had it bottom out ever, no matter how far i pushed it.

Now i need a portable one that sounds identical :teehee: Actually i turned off bass and just used the eq for that sensitive bass adjustments. The creative sound blaster z is so loud i had to decrease volume around the 10 mark lol.

Edited by Thor.

ESO is really pissing me off. It takes about 10 minutes to log in, and there is a frequent problem where you get stuck in dialogue when bartering which forces you to log out, and then you're stuck waiting another 10 bloody minutes to get in again. It's happened about 4 times today and my patience is wearing thin.

EDIT: Well now the frigging game won't even let me in. Did it know I was talking behind its back?

Honestly, shooting an arrow into a target with a 5cm diameter at a 100 metres would be easier than logging into this game.

Edited by billyro