The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Today I killed a Starbound player with the kindness. They didn't like the thought of eating meat, even in a game so I let them into my food warehouse. They subsequently started eating from a box of Habanero chillis, and then all hell broke loose. Literally after downing the first chilli, their character vomited a three-metre cone of gore and then exploded from the inside out. I've never seen anything like it; I probably should have been shocked and horrified at my friend's loss(Hardcore character; permadeath) but I've got all the social graces of Patricia Tannis, and started laughing my head off.

I think they're kinda pissed with me, and I'll be sure to apologise. In the meantime, if you play a Hylotl in Starbound, DO NOT eat Habanero chillis. They give new meaning to "Gastrointestinal Armageddon"

Starbound really sounds like a trial and error kind of game. That basically translates into, "bash the keyboard," for me, though.

Also, I glitched ESO. I was at the edge of a zone leading into another zone, and a message popped up in the corner saying, "You cannot go that way, turn back," but I kept going anyway, and it didn't stop me! I'm now in a zone that I'm not supposed to be, and I can see heaps of unfinished buildings and landscape. There aren't any NPCs or other players down here, so I think I'm the only one! :tongue: Must have just got lucky and it didn't see fit to stop me.

Now I'm in Mournhold and it looks nothing like the one in Morrowind's Tribunal expansion (even though it's very unfinished).

Edited by billyro

I had an experience like that in Assetto Corsa recently. I was driving around one of my favourite tracks, Mugello in Florence, Italy, when I noticed that one of the service roads wasn't fenced off. I decided to go drive along it to see where it led me, and ended up going on quite an adventure. The road lead me into the maze of tunnels and side-roads that the emergency firetrucks and ambulances use when there's an accident. It took me 20 minutes to get back to the circuit: about ten minutes of exploration followed by ten minutes of being completely lost.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Mugello&ll=43.997785,11.379175&spn=0.018801,0.042014&t=h&z=15

I ended up in Luco Mugello, over the ridge before I started heading back. The whole area was unfinished; just swathes of grass and conifer trees.

That's what I like so much about Starbound. It's one of those game that rewards exploration with some absolutely epic hidden easter-eggs. There's a couple of non-playable races with infinitesimally small chances of spawning, absurdly rare Biomes, and some crazy stuff that's almost unbelievable.

I recently had a re-match with a boss from my childhood who gave me nightmares thanks to this feature; Glitch structures have an extremely low chance to spawn with a Well in them. Jump down the well and at the bottom there's a sewer with The Great And Mighty Poo from Konker's Bad Fur Day at the bottom as a miniboss. It's not an especially difficult miniboss but it is one I'd hoped an prayed that I'd never have to see again. Thankfully this one doesn't sing.

There is a very famous video of the Great And Mighty Poo on youtube in it's original(singing) appearance. It remains the most WTF moment I've ever seen in a video game, and I'm not linking it because if that song gets in your head you will go insane.

Edited by Vindekarr

There is a very famous video of the Great And Mighty Poo on youtube in it's original(singing) appearance. It remains the most WTF moment I've ever seen in a video game, and I'm not linking it because if that song gets in your head you will go insane.

MY BUUUUUUUTT!!! :laugh:

Edited by Werne

Today I killed a Starbound player with the kindness. They didn't like the thought of eating meat, even in a game so I let them into my food warehouse. They subsequently started eating from a box of Habanero chillis, and then all hell broke loose. Literally after downing the first chilli, their character vomited a three-metre cone of gore and then exploded from the inside out. I've never seen anything like it; I probably should have been shocked and horrified at my friend's loss(Hardcore character; permadeath) but I've got all the social graces of Patricia Tannis, and started laughing my head off.

I think they're kinda pissed with me, and I'll be sure to apologise. In the meantime, if you play a Hylotl in Starbound, DO NOT eat Habanero chillis. They give new meaning to "Gastrointestinal Armageddon"

I didn't realize they actually did anything bad. I knew they said it was dangerous for non-humans, but I thought it didn't do anything. :laugh:

Now I'll have to go around giving out free peppers.

Also, Billyro I started playing that Dragon Age game yesterday (or maybe the day before) and I have 5 gold people (four since I my warden ate one) and my big guy is a red. :tongue:

Apparently if I touch the battle thing it decides I should be fighting people who are more than double my level now.