The last poster wins

TheCalliton

You know guys, I bought a new keyboard two weeks ago and it's the first time I bought a keyboard in, well, forever. I've always used the one I got back in 98 on my first PC but that thing is now so old and so used it's currently bent in the middle and the key presses sound like I'm hitting the damn thing with a wooden plank. Wife even threatened to throw it out the window along with me if I don't stop hammering it cause it annoys her while watching TV. :laugh:

Anyway, I wanted to get a normal, wired keyboard but they were all too damn expensive and not worth the money at all, so I went for a wireless one that felt nice when I pressed it's buttons. It was a Logitech K270 + M185 combo (keyboard + mouse with some unifying 2.4Ghz receiver) on discount which actually cost me less than just buying that very same keyboard without a mouse, go figure. I connected the keyboard only though, the mouse is small with only two buttons and a scroll wheel so I'll just use it as backup in case my Trust GXT 14 dies.

Gotta say, I was wary of a wireless keyboard thinking it will be crap or it'll lag when typing or playing games, but this thing is actually rock solid. It has sturdy stand-offs and it doesn't flex like cheap keyboards, has an on-off button on top instead of bottom like on some wireless keyboards, it's just the right weight to be used both on a table and on your lap, matte black top with a dark gray bottom, pretty silent when typing with a nice feeling too since the keys have a pressure response like on mechanical boards, instant response time even though it's wireless, works in BIOS (which is a big plus for an overclocker), and there are buttons on top as well like play/pause/volume keys and homepage/e-mail/sleep/calculator ones. A three years warranty on this is also pretty nice.

And the best thing is, it works perfectly with Linux, even those extra keys on top work flawlessly in Debian since GNOME recognizes and utilizes them out of the box. Logitech actually made a 100% open-source Linux driver for this thing which is bundled with Linux distros, and I was pleasantly surprised by that. :smile:

The only possible con is that this particular one I use has a range of 7m as opposed to 10m advertised. But when you think about it, who the hell even types 10m away from the screen, I can't see a damn thing when I'm 3m away, not to mention 10! Then again, my inability to see anything at 3m away might have something to do with the fact that in order to get 3m away from my PC, I have to stand behind a reinforced concrete wall. :tongue:

Anyway, if any of you guys wants to get a cheap wireless keyboard for some reason (like for a HTPC or laptop), I very much recommend this thing, it's pretty good if paid in full and even better when on discount. :thumbsup:

Edited by Werne

Holy... 6 paragraphs about a keyboard. You are either very patient, very bored, or very in-love with it. :tongue:

My equivalent would probably be, "I got a new keyboard. It's pretty good." :laugh:

Unrelated, but I have just been playing Fallout: New Vegas for a few hours, and it is just so much nicer to play without the constant fear of it crashing. I can actually relax and enjoy the game without tensely saving after every encounter and each 100 metres traversed. Oh, and I whole-heartedly recommend that new ragdolls mod - it is sooo much better shooting people when they die realistically. :yes:

Still looking for a Model M or equivalent on eBay for cheap. I'll find one eventually. Seriously, how can you pass up a noise like that?

Aside from that it'll drive everyone nearby mad.

I bought Southpark Stick of Truth for ps3 MWAU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA COUGH DAMN WHERE WAS I!!!! OH ya HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Edited by Thor.

Holy f***ing s*** my boyfriend got an offer to intern and work at Lionhead Studios in London.

It's ironic because he told me that while I was playing Black & White.

Destiny much?!

Lol

That's cool, good for him! :D

Happy sort of, still stressed from moving. dang it seems like forever but we are almost done. Its a big house that just seems like a overwhelming job when its not.

Also a gaming mechanical keyboard, i want. :dance:

a lot cheaper then that ibm and stylish.

http://www.amazon.ca/SteelSeries-6GV2-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B0038X3ZVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394846771&sr=8-1&keywords=SteelSeries+6Gv2

Edited by Thor.

Model M has pedigree.

Also, I found a book on our shelf called 'Adolf Hitler', published in 1935 in German except for a few English margin notes. It seems to be a huge biography, and all the photos in the book are real photos pasted into it instead of being printed onto the page. Kinda creepy.

Edit: Found it online, this is the book. Still haven't figured out where it came from. Might've been a gift to my father from my grandmother.

Does anyone know of a cheap yet strong enough laptop to watch blu ray movies and output to 1080P via HDMI. My brother wants a HTPC laptop for the living room where we are moving. Its going to be a sick setup, according to him :laugh:

Edited by Thor.