The last poster wins

TheCalliton

ESO is a scummy dog crap. I was at a blacksmith and I tried to convert some ore into ingots, when all of a sudden I lost my helmet. Slightly annoyed at the loss of 7 ingots (which would probably take about 40 minutes to get back) I made another one. Then, as I tried to convert more ore into ingots, I lost my helmet again!

So yeah, about an hour and a half's worth of work, down the drain - all because ESO is bloody glitchy. I'm thinking about reporting it, but then again, I barely give two flaming s***s about ESO any more - it's just not a good game. And that's not just because it has hundreds of problems, it's because it's boring, uninspired and generic.

Definitely not a game that is worth the $70 + ($15 * month). I probably wouldn't pay a quarter of that.

Thanks for the heads up, guess i'll continue focusing properly on my swtor alts then :)

Evening guys, just got back from the Formula One race in Melbourne. The weather's been terrible all weekend, but I'm very glad I went. It was a fantastic race to watch, but also a really important moment for the sport. F1 rebalanced it's rules this year, and now uses a very different sort of car. This had the fans quite worried, but has actually had a very positive impact. The sport will need another three years or more to adjust to the new codex, but the future is very bright indeed.

The other cool thing was the new F1 engines. Again, I won't go into boring details, but the tech is revolutionary. They're more powerful than previous race engines, but use half as much fuel and produce a lot less harmful exhaust. Best of all, the system's designed to fit into normal road cars: you don't get as big a fuel saving, but it still makes a big difference to the environment.

Edited by Vindekarr

I saw some stuff on Facebook about that. A lot of people were being sooks about it but that's good how it turned out alright. I heard that one of the main fears from the populace was that the cars wouldn't sound as cool, but I haven't been to a Formula One race before so I can't judge. I'd like to go one day though.

Well, anyway, today there is some massive event here at the university. There are thousands of people here and it's really crazy (especially considering that this is a particularly remote university) - and bizarrely, all the commotion is outside the library (that's where I am right now). I'm not really sure what it's about, but I think there are a lot of industry people here to talk about work and stuff. Too boring for me, heh.

Also, I hate sunburn. I put heaps of sunscreen on, but there are some spots I missed and they're quite painful - for instance, the back of my hands, my calves, and most prominently, my nose. And I put a crap-load of sunscreen on my nose, but it still got burnt. What da?

I saw some stuff on Facebook about that. A lot of people were being sooks about it but that's good how it turned out alright. I heard that one of the main fears from the populace was that the cars wouldn't sound as cool, but I haven't been to a Formula One race before so I can't judge. I'd like to go one day though.

For most car lovers, a car's engine sound is as important as how it look, and Formula One cars have always been some of the best sounding. For the last twenty years they've had a very distinctive high-pitch shriek, which the fans didn't want to let go of. The new sound is very different, it's a low, angry snarl and not everybody likes it. That being said, the consensus seems to be that the new cars are so much fun to watch, that they don't mind the new sound. For what it's worth, I much prefer the new sound.

I miss the warm weather :facepalm: :facepalm:

I agree. It keeps getting up around 70-80F here and then it freakin' snows the day after that! Twice! Can't we just get nice weather?

For most car lovers, a car's engine sound is as important as how it look, and Formula One cars have always been some of the best sounding. For the last twenty years they've had a very distinctive high-pitch shriek, which the fans didn't want to let go of. The new sound is very different, it's a low, angry snarl and not everybody likes it. That being said, the consensus seems to be that the new cars are so much fun to watch, that they don't mind the new sound. For what it's worth, I much prefer the new sound.

I remember going to this drag strip near where I live with my parents. The sounds were almost as cool as the cars. That place got shut down a few years ago because some lady built a huge house on the top of a hill near the track and complained about the noise. And filed a lawsuit, and won. The area where the track was has become some kind of horse racing place or something like that. I bet things worked out exactly as she wanted them to. Noisy drag strip torn down, sophisticated horse race built in it's place. But that's how s#*! works here apparently.

Edited by K00L

So did they break the 300mph speed limit yet.

Not yet, but these cars were hitting 400 KPH during testing. The new cars top speed is about 240 MPH in race trim, but they need a pretty long straight to hit those speeds. At Melbourne they were "only" hitting about 180 MPH, due to the short straight bits.

Heh. I love this: they went from 2.4 litre V8s that rev to 18,000 RPM, to 1.6 litre V6s that rev to 10,000 RPM. Somewhere in that, witchcraft has happened and they've gained a hundred horsepower and 40 KPH in top speed.

Size matters not - Yoda, talking about his weeny.

Edited by Vindekarr