The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I miss the warm weather :facepalm: :facepalm:

I agree. It keeps getting up around 70-80F here and then it freakin' snows the day after that! Twice! Can't we just get nice weather?

Lol, I'm freezing because of the air-conditioner, which is about 25C. :P

EDIT: Aughhhhh, this lecture is so boring..............

Edited by billyro

*whistle* I don't normally like Chrome on cars, but that's just beautiful. Perfect colour, too.

Finally got a chance to really get into Dark Souls today, and I'm really impressed. It manages to be extremely hardcore without actually being frustrating, for me anyway. The reason is, while you do die a lot it's never a big problem. Yes, you will lose Souls, but you can just go get them back. The game never feels unfair, either, which is critically important. It's got a sublime combat system, and thus far I feel like nearly any strategy could be effective.

Right now my character looks kind of goofy: the only armour I'm wearing is a chestplate, I've got a wooden shield, and an Estoc(it's like a Rapier, but longer) and no pants. Looks stupid, but it really works. The high-end chestplate gives me just enough armour, and the lack of pants lets me Fast Roll. The Estoc has an incredibly fast attack speed, so most early-game enemies aren't giving me any trouble.

The Estoc suits my playstyle like few weapons I've had in other games. Even though it isn't very powerful, it's as quick as thought and does decent Stun. It easily beats other melee weapons, and you can simply interrupt most melee attacks before they even arrive, knocking the enemy off-balance and either sending them staggering away and out of immediate threat, or following through with a 1-2 slash and killing them.

Dark Souls was too unforgiving for me to enjoy. I like challenge, but Dark Souls is just too harsh for me. I suppose the game is comparable to someone trying to punch you in the face - you feel awesome if you manage to dodge it, but it sucks if you end up getting clobbered.

Something else that sucks is my sunburnt nose - it was so bad that it is now blistering. It's unsettling looking in the mirror and seeing a big, white piece of skin on my nose, knowing that it is potentially close to being skin cancer.

Also, I had a piece of a stick stuck in my foot, and when Mum dug it out with a needle, heaps of pus oozed out. Awesome, eh?

Edited by billyro

I really enjoy hard games. Challenge is how we build our skills, and you can't find your limits until you've been pushed past them. I'm a difficulty masochist even in otherwise fairly casual games. I play Starbound on Permadeath, Fallout on Hardcore, and Assetto Corsa on Stig, it's just how I like to play games. I do seem to have a very different temper to you, though. I don't mind losing at all, as long as it was vaguely fair. If I made a legitimate mistake, or ran into someone better than me, I don't really mind being beaten, even several times in a row.

Edited by Vindekarr

Starbound is great, and there's already some really, really awesome mods for it. Knowing what the developers plan to do with it in the future is also really exciting. Space battles? Yes!

I also enjoy games that are challenging in a fair way.
laying Dark Souls on the PC first I was missing out on PvP since I would keep getting disconnected, and when I finally had it on a console most people had left and there were some pretty obvious cheaters. Those who didn't cheat were generally way better equipped than me, but it was still fun to bow to each other and then attempt to dodge a giant ass sword. :tongue:
So far I'm enjoying the second one, I've been helping people with bosses and I joined a covenant where you can be summoned to help people who are being invaded (and both times I've done this I killed the invader), spar with fellow members (did this once and won), or invade people who've killed other players (haven't done this yet). Some of the bosses are kicking my butt though.

Edit: Also, it's below freezing again here. :facepalm:

Edited by K00L

The late 40s was a great time for cars. There was a lot of chrome, and oh boy do I love chrome. Not to say there weren't some fantastic pre-war cars too, though.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/1698-1.jpg

I love the way the Bentley Speed 6 looks. It still has that amazing design with flowing fenders and the mile-long hood, but it also has a functional appearance to it. This is a car that can go pretty fast for its age. Of course, they tend to be a lot more expensive, too..

I really enjoy hard games. Challenge is how we build our skills, and you can't find your limits until you've been pushed past them. I'm a difficulty masochist even in otherwise fairly casual games. I play Starbound on Permadeath, Fallout on Hardcore, and Assetto Corsa on Stig, it's just how I like to play games. I do seem to have a very different temper to you, though. I don't mind losing at all, as long as it was vaguely fair. If I made a legitimate mistake, or ran into someone better than me, I don't really mind being beaten, even several times in a row.

Heh, yes, a very different temper indeed. While I'm getting better at controlling my anger, sometimes if I don't up and quit a frustrating game immediately, I continue to sit and stew until I boil over and destroy something. I've learnt to just not play games that make me do it. :yes:

And with my set-up of Fallout NV, I've got it so that damage is what you would expect - if I shoot someone's exposed head, they will die. If they shoot my exposed head, I die. It's balanced and fair and realistic - and that's the way I like it. Dark Souls, on the other hand, pits you against enemies who take 50 hits to kill and can completely destroy you in 2 hits. That's not fair, IMO, and that's why I don't like playing it very much.

I admit that it's fun finally killing a boss that I died against about 5 times, but I just think the whole game would be more enjoyable if the enemies became smarter over time instead of just having more health and power.

Also, that's funny how Assetto Corsa's hardest difficulty setting is the Stig. :laugh:

Edited by billyro