The last poster wins

TheCalliton

That sort of difficulty always irritated me. Difficulty sliders in most games go from 'You're invincible and have to breath on enemies to kill them' to 'You're going to die when you lay eyes on an enemy, and they're basically immortal.'

There usually isn't any nice realistic setting for just lowering how much damage you can safely take before death.

Yeah, that's probably my biggest gripe about video games. I wish the difficulty slider actually made the enemies smarter instead of just buffed. Also, it would be cool if there was an option to alter the damage multipliers - that way you could make it very deadly if you wanted to, or have very prolonged battles.

I was watching my brother play Oblivion yesterday, and he was doing some arena battles and it was just so slow. It took him about 20 hits to defeat one person! On mine, it would take 2 hits for me to win, and about 3 hits to lose (I give myself some leniency because Oblivion's combat system is pretty bad). I might give him a mod to fix that...

Plus he put some Lord of the Rings music into the game and it's astonishing how well it fits in with Oblivion's music. I'm thinking about doing the same for mine, but I've got lots of nature sound mods and the game is just so much more immersive with no music playing... :facepalm:

Also, today I decided that I'm not going down to the university. It's too far to travel, and I know how to do all the stuff, and it costs too much for fuel, and I'm lazy, and my friend will be there and he's been a dick lately, and my foot is sore from that splinter, and blah blah blah various other excuses.

I love the way the Bentley Speed 6 looks. It still has that amazing design with flowing fenders and the mile-long hood, but it also has a functional appearance to it. This is a car that can go pretty fast for its age. Of course, they tend to be a lot more expensive, too..

I do have a soft spot for Bentley. My favourite would probably be the Mavis, a one-off Custom with a 42 litre Packard 4M aeroplane engine putting out nearly 2000 BHP. Normally I like my cars light, technical and ultra-modern, but I make an exception for Bentley. Their beauty never ages.

I remember Top Gear tried out some cars of the design, one of them a very heavily modified Bentley (Using the engine out of a Spitfire, to be precise).

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02059/meteorbentley-10_2059741i.jpg

Funnily enough, I also recall that it was literally the slowest car they'd ever had go around a lap, even compared to consumer family sedans. Still, nothing looked more stylish on the lap.

I'm fairly certain that it was due to the ancient tires and brakes, though. The engine was plenty powerful.

You're right, and it would be extremely heavy as well, which would magnify the tyre and braking issues. Still, I wouldn't change a thing. You mightn't arrive first, but you'd certainly enjoy the drive. And besides, it's a Bentley: why rush?

And just like a racing stripe, the sound of its engine doubles the perceived speed.

Edit: I looked at the episode they were on. The Bentley did have disc brakes fitted, but the tires gave it a lot of wheel spin, which pretty much negated its 650 hp engine. It also weighed about 3 tons.

Skipped university today but still managed to complete all the python code I was supposed to do.

In my spare time after that, I decided to tackle another sword just for the fun of it.

http://puu.sh/7zREd.jpg

http://puu.sh/7zUCS.jpg

Ground texture ftw!

I'm going to call it Kintyra's Ceremonial Blade, because there is nothing in the lore that says the first Empress of Tamriel didn't have a ceremonial sword. :yes:

Also, I made a sheath for it.

http://puu.sh/7zRMJ.jpg

So yeah.

Edited by billyro

I love the way the Bentley Speed 6 looks. It still has that amazing design with flowing fenders and the mile-long hood, but it also has a functional appearance to it. This is a car that can go pretty fast for its age. Of course, they tend to be a lot more expensive, too..

I do have a soft spot for Bentley. My favourite would probably be the Mavis, a one-off Custom with a 42 litre Packard 4M aeroplane engine putting out nearly 2000 BHP. Normally I like my cars light, technical and ultra-modern, but I make an exception for Bentley. Their beauty never ages.

Here's the race modified version