The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I just drove home in the rain. It was so heavy that I could barely see a thing, and half the roads I went over were partly underwater - it was so awesome! I've never driven in rain like that before, and it was so cool. I almost want to go out into it again...

And finally, DX sucks - DirectX 12 will be exclusive to Windows 8/8.1, maybe Win9, seeing as how Microsoft is avoiding saying anything concrete about 7 (and they have to sell new Windows to make money). Also, it'll come next year, OpenGL is already here and already more efficient, Nvidia says so, yet no one cares about poor OpenGL cause it isn't made by Microsoft. :rolleyes:

It not being made by Microsoft is also why people do care about it. :tongue:

I can't think of anything that I have that uses OpenGL besides Starbound, which uses both and my brother says the OpenGL version runs much better for him. I've avoided launching the DirectX version so I'm not sure if there's a difference on my computer.

I just drove home in the rain. It was so heavy that I could barely see a thing, and half the roads I went over were partly underwater - it was so awesome! I've never driven in rain like that before, and it was so cool. I almost want to go out into it again...

Lol

This is the kind of weather where most people would say, "So glad I'm finally home!" not, "Let's do it again!!!" :laugh:

Racing in the wet isn't fun. Last time I was out on track it was really pouring down. The Nissan GTR is legendary for it's grip and road-holding, especially in wet conditions, but even it was slithering around. It's got an extremely powerful onboard computer, and when conditions get really bad the computer steps in and micro-manages some parts of the car's function(too complex/boring to explain). Normally that's more than enough to glue the car to the road, but honestly it didn't do much on that day. It was that wet.

Edited by Vindekarr

I found a HD home theatre receiver with Multi channel in, not out like many others for some reason. Useless when its out, especially people like me who want to hook up a sound card properly to it, this particular HD receiver Upscales 2channel to 7.1.

It was ahead of the curve when it was released in 2007.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR605-Receiver-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000OBLARC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395526457&sr=8-1&keywords=onkyo+tx-sr605

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oFTFZPIoL.jpg

The price is right :laugh: even if its refurbished. Its still being sold today because of its popularity, and feature set.

Also has a video upscaler which they say is the best on the market, according to some of the reviews, like hooking up a n64 and having that 2channel sound upscaled in 7.1, 720P 1080I video upscaling, for the time was very advanced.

if you go on forums and look for discussion about home theatre receivers this one always pops up.

Edited by Thor.

Too much things!! GARGH!

Seriously though, that thing looks complicated.

One thing though, may need a hdmi auto switch, though not complicated to get. Quality switches is the way to go, in that regard you get what you pay for.

Edited by Thor.

This isn't mine, but the same model.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S3AIy9TeUvo/ThCOycKOfvI/AAAAAAAAADM/8ZI4cfnQejU/s640/marantz-2270-stereo-receiver-amp-wood-case-restored_280677629106.jpg

Despite having not been born until 20 years later, I sure am stuck in the 70s...

It is amazing what you can find at a Goodwill for fifty bucks and clean up.

I remember my dad having a quad real to real tape deck with a stereo similar to that. plus 4 Jensen big amp speakers wooden casing. The thing blew my mind when it came to sound quaity and bass.

just sitting next to those big amps, nothing beats analog amplifiers,

you can blame my father for getting me into complex home theatre systems, he did just that with his quad setup. For the time was pretty up there out of the norm.

Edited by Thor.

Started working on a replacer for the iron longsword in Oblivion.

http://puu.sh/7G07o.png

It looks darker than it actually is. And if anyone here doesn't play Oblivion, the one on the right is mine. :smile:

I've still got to add some scratches and a central ridge, but then I think it's good to go.

Edited by billyro