The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Great work

also found a updated model with 5 hdmi ports, Amazon.com sells them but not. ca. Still the one thing about amazon i do trust is their used games and electronics are 100% working, and they are honest. Had no issues with that sort of thing, especially games.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR606-Receiver-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B0015S8PGW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395558446&sr=8-3&keywords=Onkyo+TX+SR605

Notice the surround front sub surround back inputs, that's for the sound card. One feature i am very excited about is the 720P signal up scaling to 1080i. that alone is a bonus do to so many ps3 games are in 720P these days. I rather have a higher fill rate then 720P any day.

HDMI Video Upscaling to 1080i and Faroudja DCDi Edge (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing) Technology

The TX-SR606’s HDMI inputs can receive pristine digital video from HDMI-enabled components for a single-cable output to a display device with an HDMI or DVI connection. 1080p video is processed as it is, but all other signals can be upscaled to 1080i via HDMI. Upscaling takes the video resolution to pure HD quality, and it better matches the native resolution of today’s high-definition displays.To further improve performance on high-definition displays, the TX-SR606 features a deinterlacing chip with Faroudja DCDi Edge technology, which effectively eliminates video artifacts.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71XcbWR9CaS._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Thor.

Rather hypocritically the Victory staff offered me a position as the official Moderator for the Asia-Pacific today. I don't know whether to be pissed off or honoured. Honoured because that's a rare thing, or pissed off because their staff screwed me over last week, then suddenly need me back. "oh, you want my help? after all this? let me think about that..."

I've been a moderator before, and usually do fairly well at it. I have a good memory for game details, work well with newbies and am quite impartial. The problem is I'm normally quite hard-line, which can cause friction. I don't think I'd make a good Victory moderator; they err on the side of apathy rather than my quasi-fascist dogs-and-batons approach law enforcement.

EDIT: I took the test, and past it at all levels, but was so disgusted by the internal workings that I decided to walk away, despite being offered a position then and there. I've argued with their moderators in the past; I often stand up for the community when needed. My hope had been that this was why I'd been chosen; I was told I would have had to muzzle that activism had I taken the job on; speaking out against the company line would have resulted in my instant expulsion.

I had hoped I could finally effect some political change in that game; it desperately needs it, but sadly all they want is a corporate drone. My Bolshevism supposedly almost ruled me out.

Edited by Vindekarr

I re-did 2 of my assignment images today. I'm actually quite glad I did - they turned out better than what the were originally. :smile:

Also, another requirement of the assignment is to write 500 words of explanation... and I got 500 words exactly. Magical.

EDIT: Heh, I was so bored at my last lecture that I just walked out. It's cool how you're allowed to do that in university. :smile:

EDIT 2: Alrighty, handing in that assignment, finally. I'm quite happy with it, so hopefully I get a good mark. Now that my time has been freed up, I might start writing that story when I get home... maybe.

EDIT 3: Yes! Bound by Flame is only $50! I had this fear that it would be $70-90, but it's not. :D

I'm going to pre-order it.

And, for your enjoyment...

EDIT 4: Ok, where is everyone? I've been winning for nearly 10 hours...

Edited by billyro

I am here, winning and waiting for people to show around da house, We had some offers, just not what we are wanting, its getting close i can just feel it.

Edited by Thor.

Ok, where is everyone?

In a completely different timezone :tongue:

Not everyone. :no:

Anyway, today I did my whole assignment for programming during the lecture. And it's about Python.

EDIT: Ok, potential problems with python code if some spastic decides to type "banana" into an integer, but other than that, working fine.

Edited by billyro

Yeah, Thor has been winning too long. :tongue:

Edit: :ermm: It's so empty here...

Edited by K00L