The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Rootkits are not necessarily virus's, they are programs which some applications install without your consent,. Some antivirus programs comes with features to detect and disable rootkits before they are installed or launched. Rookits come with some games but can be harmless or even malicious, origin its a 50 80% chance. Usual because they have more then just one scanning your pc at any given time, i mean literally i caught ten at a time, that's bloody ridiculous and resource hogging. I stopped using it the same day i installed it.

Edited by Thor.

My PC has never ran slow when I've had Origin installed, and as I said before I've had it for a few years. I don't think I've ever seen anymore than one process for Origin, and it only occasionally actually looked like it was doing anything. There are lots of things that scan your computer in similar ways Origin does.
You don't even have to run Origin once you've installed a game from it, unlike Steam.

Edit: Sorry, I don't want you to feel like you're being attacked Thor. :tongue:

Edit Edit: I'm going to bed, it's past my bedtime since it's 10:30. :laugh:

Edited by K00L

Also i HAAATTTTTE!!! EA, they ruined the gaming industry. Also was nominated twice fro the worst company in the world. The golden poo award twice tells you something.

Hah, I'm so close to stabilizing my CPU at 4.62GHz and 1.368V. :dance:

Tweaking the voltage of CPU's internal frequency generation logic (2.575V - bingo!) brought me from a BSOD on boot to a single failing core after 15m in Prime95 small FFT test. Now I'm trying to get there with BCLK so I'll have 4MHz less on the CPU (4616MHz rounded to 4.62GHz by programs), it may stabilize that way. :smile:

I Don't need to overclock my pc really, i have one of the single fastest video cards on the market. Heck when dx12 comes out and that new revised opengl which they claim is even more efficient then mantle. Competition is fierce.

Its like mantle sparked a revision of all popular api's lol.

Edited by Thor.

i7-3930K at 4.2? You'll be ahead of that Xeon. When I benched a friend's 3930K at 5.1GHz with quad-channel DDR3-3400 CL15 it went over 2000CB so a 3930K at 4.2 with dual-channel 2133 should be anywhere from 1350-1450. Though it's kinda clocked low, those things can hit insane clocks if you can keep it cool.

Nah, don't have it at 4.2 Ghz atm. Currently running at 4.0 Ghz. (ram at 2166 CL9 timings) Don't really have a good cpu cooler at the moment. Gonna ask for one of those "Be Quiet" cpu coolers for my birthday. (probably the Dark Rock Pro 2)

Got pretty close to the Xeon regardless though: (no idea why the factory cpu speed is shown btw. CPU Z shows me 4.017 Ghz.)

http://s30.postimg.org/hjdxhe3s1/Cinebench.jpg

And you know, I was actually considering an Ivy Bridge-E (4820K) but then I wouldn't have had money for a motherboard to put it in

Heh, yeah those socket 2011 board are bloody expensive. Sure are worth it if you've got the money for them though.

Also i get around 89.98fps in cinabench in opengl.

Whut? DId you swap that GTX 780 for a 500 series or something? My GTX 670 got 137.07 fps in Cinebench. Didn't even overclock the thing.

Guys I'll need some help with picking a good future-proof gaming laptop. Money isn't really an issue but I'd still go for a good price/performance ratio. And I don't need the BEST either.

Anyone willing to help with specs/models? I'm new to laptops and I'm in my final month of school so I don't have too much time to research about it by myself.