The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I will, its the same deal

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2cr0eir.jpg

this is where even my old 7950's really struggled with, almost unbearable to watch. Remember this is a single gigabyte windforce oc edition gtx780ti.

Skyrim in the other hand, i get a whopping 140fps out doors and indoors i saw it reach a whopping 500fps. That was with enb and mods. Latency at that fps is unreal lol.

Edited by Thor.

Starcraft 2, Men Of War, Sins Of A Solar Empire, Supreme Commander, RUSE, Company Of Heroes.

And some less combat-focused ones are the ANNO series, Tropico 3/4, Cities XL, The Guild 2

Got Starcraft 2, got MoW, Sins of a Solar Empire looks good and will be trying it out, got Supreme Commander, got RUSE, got CoH.

The rest are not appealing to me, game ain't fun if I can't wage war in it. :smile:

I think we've mentioned Age of Mythology and Battle for Middle Earth before. Stronghold 2?

Got all three. Seems like finding an RTS game that I don't have is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Sue me! :tongue:

Seriously though, I know what you mean, but at the same time a 3930K is a rather expensive piece of hardware. Besides, I really don't have the required advanced knowlegde and skill to do any serious overclocking, let alone enough time.

Honestly, Intel's Extreme Edition and AMD's Black Edition units are for maniacs like me that spend more time tweaking the system in BIOS than actually using it. Both the enthusiast and and mainstream CPUs have the same performance in games and can generally overclock to the same frequencies so getting an Extreme or Black Edition processor for gaming alone without extreme overclocking and tweaking is personally a waste of a good unit.

For doing work and such, I can understand getting an unlocked multi-core processor and not overclocking it, but otherwise, not really. It's like Thor and his PC, an enthusiast-class graphics card with a Black Edition processor in one of the best enthusiast motherboards there is and he's not even thinking of overclocking any of that stuff, it drives me mad! :psyduck:

@Thor, I don't care, 30FPS on low is all I need, and instead I get manually capped 30FPS stable on high in Metro without a single dip below. Perfectly fine for me, and I don't need, nor actually desire more. Even if I were to have a 780 Ti I'd still be playing on high at capped 30FPS, that's how much I care about it. Gimme at least stable 30FPS on low and I'm all good. :smile:

I honestly don't understand the fascination with how the game looks, the important thing is to enjoy the gameplay, the looks are not that important at all. And because of guys who care about nothing but looks and ENBs, we now have insanely expensive graphics cards and mind-numbing games that have no meaningful gameplay at all, just the looks. And yeah, I'm looking at YOU Skyrim, where the only half-decent content in the game is actually that stupid HD crap DLC, no gameplay value what so ever without piling up enough quest mods to hit the plugin limit.

As a side note, I have a feeling it's getting harder to find decent RTS games, most are either copies of different games or the developers are focused only on how pretty the game is while completely disregarding gameplay. Who cares how detailed a 35x35 pixel unit is on the screen, give me balance on the battlefield and decent game mechanics or piss off. :dry:

Okay... *Scrolls through every single RTS game I own on Steam*

Some of these are pretty good, but a lot of them probably won't be what you're looking for in an RTS.

Atom Zombie Smasher (Does that count as an RTS?)

Command and Conquer (One of the early ones, I suppose, they've gotten worse)

Cortex Command (Not really top down, and is kinda buggy right now)

DEFCON (Again, slightly off-the-wall concept, but nuking the world is an awesome stress relief)

Gratuitous Space Battles (It's a cool concept, but I found it too difficult to win at)

Leviathan: Warships (I don't know what this is or why it's in my Steam library)

Overlord (Is it an RTS? The Steam page neglects to show gameplay)

Revenge of the Titans (Uh.. I think this is actually tower defense.. But it's really cool!)

Space Pirates and Zombies (Another case of 'Who are you and what're you doing in my library?)

Stronghold 3 (Just putting this here as a warning not to buy it by accident)

Titan Quest (I have no idea what this is, but it's from the AoE devs and it looks vaguely like an RTS)

Total War series (Yeah, obviously)

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War series (Probably also an obvious answer)

Okay... *Scrolls through every single RTS game I own on Steam*

Some of these are pretty good, but a lot of them probably won't be what you're looking for in an RTS.

Atom Zombie Smasher (Does that count as an RTS?)

Command and Conquer (One of the early ones, I suppose, they've gotten worse)

Cortex Command (Not really top down, and is kinda buggy right now)

DEFCON (Again, slightly off-the-wall concept, but nuking the world is an awesome stress relief)

Gratuitous Space Battles (It's a cool concept, but I found it too difficult to win at)

Leviathan: Warships (I don't know what this is or why it's in my Steam library)

Overlord (Is it an RTS? The Steam page neglects to show gameplay)

Revenge of the Titans (Uh.. I think this is actually tower defense.. But it's really cool!)

Space Pirates and Zombies (Another case of 'Who are you and what're you doing in my library?)

Stronghold 3 (Just putting this here as a warning not to buy it by accident)

Titan Quest (I have no idea what this is, but it's from the AoE devs and it looks vaguely like an RTS)

Total War series (Yeah, obviously)

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War series (Probably also an obvious answer)

Total War is a turn based strategy Werne asked for real time, Titan Quest is an action RPG, Space Pirates and Zombies and GSB are very casual strategies that I personally never enjoyed.

And Overlord is a third person action game ._. did you never play Overlord? It's really good, you should

I honestly don't understand the fascination with how the game looks, the important thing is to enjoy the gameplay, the looks are not that important at all. And because of guys who care about nothing but looks and ENBs, we now have insanely expensive graphics cards and mind-numbing games that have no meaningful gameplay at all, just the looks. And yeah, I'm looking at YOU Skyrim, where the only half-decent content in the game is actually that stupid HD crap DLC, no gameplay value what so ever without piling up enough quest mods to hit the plugin limit.

Well, since good graphics are starting to become the norm with the games coming out this year and next year, games will have to start focusing on making the gameplay better if they want to compete. Pretty graphics mean nothing if your game plays like crap.

However, some of the new games I've seen (Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, etc) appear to have good gameplay coupled with pretty graphics. That's one delicious combo.

Pretty graphics mean nothing if your game plays like crap.

Have you seen the steam forums for Dark Souls II? I have a feeling a lot of people would disagree.

Nice spoiler too, by the way. I got a few laughs from that. :laugh:

Pretty graphics mean nothing if your game plays like crap.

Have you seen the steam forums for Dark Souls II? I have a feeling a lot of people would disagree.

Nice spoiler too, by the way. I got a few laughs from that. :laugh:

Well, Dark Souls' gameplay isn't bad - it's just hard.

And you're welcome. :P

Morrowind is really annoying me at the moment. Well, not Morrowind specifically, but MGE XE. I can't make it bloody work! Therefore, I'm deleting the bastard and I shall play without.