The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Honestly, Intel's Extreme Edition and AMD's Black Edition units are for maniacs like me that spend more time tweaking the system in BIOS than actually using it. Both the enthusiast and and mainstream CPUs have the same performance in games and can generally overclock to the same frequencies so getting an Extreme or Black Edition processor for gaming alone without extreme overclocking and tweaking is personally a waste of a good unit.

Well, once I get the new cpu cooler and it works as advertised, I could try doing some more serious overclocking. Might need some hints & tips though by then though.

I honestly don't understand the fascination with how the game looks, the important thing is to enjoy the gameplay, the looks are not that important at all. And because of guys who care about nothing but looks and ENBs, we now have insanely expensive graphics cards and mind-numbing games that have no meaningful gameplay at all, just the looks. And yeah, I'm looking at YOU Skyrim, where the only half-decent content in the game is actually that stupid HD crap DLC, no gameplay value what so ever without piling up enough quest mods to hit the plugin limit.

Heh, yeah Skyrim really set some new standards in that regard. Completely dumbed down, but who cares? 4K textures FTW! :facepalm:

And I don't understand why people keep emptying their wallets just to get some 770 or 780 GTX card just to be able to have a stable 60 FPS in Skyrim. Like the human eye would notice the difference between 40 and 60 FPS.

Besides, without ENB my GTX 670 manages to keep a stable 60 FPS too. And it never goes lower then 30 FPS with ENB. Waste of money on the part of those who buy 700 series cards just for Skyrim?

Skyrim in the other hand, i get a whopping 140fps out doors and indoors i saw it reach a whopping 500fps. That was with enb and mods. Latency at that fps is unreal lol.

You should really cap your FPS at 60 then. I'm betting such high FPS numbers seriously screw up quests the same way setting gridstoload to higher numbers (which you likely did too). It's not just normal objects & NPC's that get loaded faster, it's also quest objects & NPS that get loader faster. Too fast in fact. Skyrim's engine wasn't built for it, it's quests weren't built for. It's just another console port after all.

Not to mention clutter flying around the place randomly. :yes:

Like the human eye would notice the difference between 40 and 60 FPS.

I can when I view them side-by-side, but yeah, there isn't that much of a difference. Upgrading a computer to go from 40 to 60 frames is a waste.

Well, Dark Souls' gameplay isn't bad - it's just hard.

And you're welcome. :tongue:

Morrowind is really annoying me at the moment. Well, not Morrowind specifically, but MGE XE. I can't make it bloody work! Therefore, I'm deleting the bastard and I shall play without.

I was referring to the insanely large number of people on the steam forums that are complaining about how the Dark Souls II graphics on consoles don't match what they saw in early trailers.

I let MGSO configure it for me. :tongue: However, eventually it began crashing and I had to remove MWSE.dll to fix it.

As for Skyrim...

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14422

Hey My Minecraft world is turning out fantastic, made one of the best beach houses of all time in survivial mode without cheating going into creative., Also created one of the most efficient outdoor farms, big yield of eggs, so much so i had to make a chicken dispenser.

Add me as scott60gbuser on psn.

Edited by Thor.

I just got bit (attacked, not playful or a nip) by a dog for the second time in my life... On my other wrist this time, and by the same dog as the first time. Not bad, it's two (small in comparison to the first time) puncture marks and some other swelled up areas. He just went off on me when I was petting him, no growl, no angry look, just suddenly bit me. He's been acting more aggressive recently and I don't know why. He's been to the vet recently (because we thought he was acting weird) and they noticed nothing wrong. I'm more worried about him than I am about my wrist.

:sad: He's a poor grumpy little fella, but he's usually sweet.

Edit: Okay people where are you hiding? :tongue:
My wrist looks... better? It's at least not swollen and red anymore but it's bruised around the bite now. It actually looks like something sunk it's fangs into me rather than a dog bite (at least compared to the last time I was bit). I told my grandma I was bit by a spider the size of my hand. She didn't believe me. :laugh:

Edited by K00L

Edit: Okay people where are you hiding? :tongue:

I'm hiding in here...

So, she didn't believe you got bitten by a spider, or didn't believe that it was as big as your hand? I'm asking because yesterday I squished a spider (with a heavy book) and it was half the size of my foot. He was sitting above my door and I had to rush past quickly so that he didn't jump on me. :tongue:

Also, have you checked if your dog has any injuries? It might be something like a scab on his head (that you accidentally touched) or maybe a splinter in his foot, and he's just a bit agitated?

Edited by billyro