The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm a bit late but congrats on the baby Werne!

I'm not really a car enthusiast, but those new sound effects are brilliant.

Agreed. Race engines have no excuse for not sounding epic, especially if they've got a Ferrari badge.

If i was to be represented via game, i would be crying to get me as realistic as possible, right down to my voice P: ... If anything i would be crying this is a outrage, and then calling for a better sound of me yelling.

Edited by Thor.

I get what you're saying, and I agree. And besides, good audio makes any game better. I don't have huge speakers like you do, I went the compact route and got a pair of really sweet Razer headphones, Good audio matters to me a lot-games without it just aren't as immersive or enjoyable. That's particularly true of driving games, because any car-lover will tell you that engine sounds matter almost as much as looks.

Project CARS really does have epic audio. I was watching a trailer on Youtube this morning and it was just spine-tingling. Really unrealistic I must admit, but still beautiful to listen to. Assetto Corsa has far more muted audio than CARS does, this is for realism's sake. Project CARS audio is what the engine sounds like, without earmuffs or a helmet. It's beautiful to listen to but not hugely realistic(but that's OK, it doesn't ever claim to be a sim). Assetto Corsa simulates being INSIDE, with a helmet on. As a result it's a lot more realistic, but not quite as delicious to listen to.

This gives you an idea what I'm talking about. As a veteran race fan(and hobbyist racer) the Assetto Corsa sound is a LOT closer to real-life, but the CARS sound is pure audio bliss(that's my professional opinion BTW)

http://youtu.be/f-vCfNj_9Kw

Project cars has helmet cam, inside the helmet as if you where driving, with that on you can't hear much loudness as the sound is being muffled via helmet.

I have a pair if Sennheiser px250 11's for 120$ on sale, but on amazon can go for 300$ :ohmy: , and the sound card doubles as a headphone amp. Which is a sweet combination, and a set of Boston acoustic speakers 5.1 and amp to go along with it.

my sound cards hooked up directly to a pioneer Hd receiver dts 5.1 upscaled from any source from sound card :dance:

Yahoo search?? never heard of it??

Edited by Thor.

I was trying out Space Engineers, which I got on special today. Short version, it's just brilliant.

Long version

It has the best destruction engine I have literally ever seen: metal panels bend and warp when damaged, large objects can split apart, and anything not gyro-stabilised goes slowing spinning away when struck.

This all makes for possibly the most visceral, impactful space-combat in gaming history: a missile hit doesn't trigger a pre-canned destruction animation, it puts a big 3-D dent in the injured ship, land a few more and you can tear a hole in it. Ships aren't destroyed by running them out of health, rather they get dented and lose bits as they're fired upon. "Destruction" instead reffer to losing most of your thrusters, losing Main Power, or getting an important structural junction blown off.

Fights between Capital Ships are truly epic battles between gods. Building a cap can take several hours(block by block) and because all their vital organs are mounted deep inside behind several layers of Armour Block(often Heavy) the battles take on a much slower pace. Only the loss of a thruster, gyroscope or generator can be considered a wound, and killing one can take a long time unless it's got a convenient load-bearing member you can snipe. Destroying them is truly satisfying: they don't explode all at once, but rather come apart in a graceful shower of Physics objects.

I would totally recommend it to anyone who enjoyed playing Lego as a kid, or who likes big multiplayer starship fights with a little First-Person shooter action thrown in. It's only $11 right now, and you get an amazing sandbox for that price.

Edited by Vindekarr

Nooooooo... study......

There is still so much I want to do...! :facepalm:

EDIT: Meh, I'm happy with my knowledge of Python. I can read through all those revision pages and understand it all, so I think I'm set.

So, back to modding. :laugh:

Edited by billyro