The last poster wins

TheCalliton

...even Werne would have trouble playing this game with a 7800...

It's a 7770, thats 7700 seies not 7800. Thinking of selling it and go for a used MSI 660 OC or a 270X, those should overclock better than my lemon (have GPU voltage control), and outperform it by quite a bit even on stock.

And which game are you talking about?

AMD does not have txaa, so no it does not. that's a Nvidia thing, along with Physx. And i blame spell check for that annoying spelling error.

Also the 7700 is laughable, in no way could you play Watchdogs at high settign with that card, it would look terrible...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202011

its a 128bit card, my 8 year old gt9800 out performs that thing.

Also it was Grid 2, if you didn't notice the ----------------------

meat all above recommended specs.

Really? What kind of meat? :teehee:

But seriously, it's not all that hard to meet the above spec requirements.

The game itself looks pretty nice though. Watched some gameplay footage of it last year and was genuinely impressed.

some times i get dyslexic when i type, then strange and odd things things happen :dry: I was hungry at the time, so two and two, you know what i mean lol.

Edited by Thor.

I declare this night a man night.

Good chance your boyfriend might be saying the same thing right now :P

some times i get dyslexic when i type, then strange and odd things things happen :dry: I was hungry at the time, so two and two, you know what i mean lol.

Lol! That explains it.

its a 128bit card, my 8 year old gt9800 out performs that thing.

Bus width means nothing on a small resolution screen like mine, it means a lot on larger resolutions. That's why AMD's 512-bit bus is better than nVidia's 384-bit bus on 4K, larger bandwidth that can chug more pixels.

As for power, a stock reference 7770 performs on-par with 6850, but mine is overclocked by ~30%, so it's more in the line of 6870. As for Watch Dogs, a 7850 is recommended to get ultra at 1080p, and in benchmarks my 7770 on 1440x900 is only a few points behind a 7850 running on 1080p.

Basically, I get to play console ports on high settings cause those games are designed to run on XBone - that piece of crap has a weak GPU and I got a small screen. Not like I care about visual settings anyway, I find that if I have to up the visuals to enjoy a game, the game sucks, I'd be having a bigger screen and more beasty GPU if I wanted visuals. That's why I change my cheap cards less often than you change your expensive ones, I can do 30FPS on low and enjoy it. :smile:

Edited by Werne

Your missing out on some icandy Werne, you have no idea what you are missing, and the latency to. :yes: . The latency is what you are missing, its a game changer.

amd 7700 vs Nvidia 8 year old gt9800, point match fight!!!

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=212&gid2=198&compare=firegl-v7700-vs-geforce-9800-gt

Its not all that faster from a 8 year old gt9800, which for a Nviida card is impressive for the time.

How well does the 7700 render 1080P, at the time the gt9800 had partial purevideo HD tech. And it played anything it threw at it.

If its good i might pick one up for a HTPC build.

Because these days you can get them dirt cheap.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131488

Where is everybody!!!

Edited by Thor.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=212&gid2=198&compare=firegl-v7700-vs-geforce-9800-gt

Its not all that faster from a 8 year old gt9800, which for a Nviida card is impressive for the time.

How well does the 7700 render 1080P, at the time the gt9800 had partial purevideo HD tech. And it played anything it threw at it.

Thor, I personally hold the 11th highest score in HWBot Heaven Xtreme when it comes to Radeon 7770 world ranking, and I'm 5-6 points away from overclocked Radeon 6950s and GTX 570s. I'm also 24 points away from entering top 10 regarding 7770s, but my core overclocks bad and I don't have GPU voltage control. As far as I understand, 6950s and 570s aren't piece of crap hardware, so I can proudly say your old 9800GT would be eating dust cause I doubt it can come even close to an overclocked 6950 or 570, while my card can and is pushing strong against them. :tongue:

And Heaven Xtreme runs at 1680x1050 (I upscaled it for a run) while my screen's native resolution is 1440x900. My games run on 27% less pixels than Heaven, which means my 7770 on a 1440x900 screen runs games better than a 6950 on a 1680x1050 screen. :D

By the way, eye candy? I prefer gameplay, thank you very much, 30FPS on low is all I need. As I said before, if I have to up the visual quality in order to enjoy the game, that game sucks. :yes:

I declare this night a man night.

Good chance your boyfriend might be saying the same thing right now :tongue:

lol, if I could I would have went with him :P oh well soon enough, just a few months till I move.

In related news, The Wolf Among Us Ep 3 is really good.

Thor, I personally hold the 11th highest score in HWBot Heaven Xtreme when it comes to Radeon 7770 world ranking, and I'm 5-6 points away from overclocked Radeon 6950s and GTX 570s. I'm also 24 points away from entering top 10 regarding 7770s, but my core overclocks bad and I don't have GPU voltage control. As far as I understand, 6950s and 570s aren't piece of crap hardware, so I can proudly say your old 9800GT would be eating dust cause I doubt it can come even close to an overclocked 6950 or 570, while my card can and is pushing strong against them. :tongue:

And Heaven Xtreme runs at 1680x1050 (I upscaled it for a run) while my screen's native resolution is 1440x900. My games run on 27% less pixels than Heaven, which means my 7770 on a 1440x900 screen runs games better than a 6950 on a 1680x1050 screen. :D

By the way, eye candy? I prefer gameplay, thank you very much, 30FPS on low is all I need. As I said before, if I have to up the visual quality in order to enjoy the game, that game sucks. :yes:

The real question is what it is like in HD, i can play anything that throws at it, when it comes to movies and blu ray. i wonder how well it stacks up in HD.

I have been playing grid 2 lately, the controls are surprisingly good. And the icandy is fantastic, clean and clear graphics, may be compared to Crysis at times.

Edited by Thor.

*sigh* You guys should do a pissing contest someday. Preferably the kind that involves electric fences. See who gets most volts per second as opposed to frames per second or whatever...