The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Today is a crappy day. I had a car accident this morning when I went to buy a new mattress so my trusty old Yugo is now officially dead. And by dead I mean torn to shreds, the entire engine compartment is ripped off, the cabin broke in half and the entire right side side is now non-existent. Got hit from the passenger side by a pick-up truck that was speeding through red light, poor Yugo didn't even stand a chance.

I just thank god I told my wife to stay home, if she were with me she'd now be dead, the passenger seat was hit so hard it got out of the car by being smashed through the roof, the entire passenger side of the car is completely gone. And I got alive only because I changed the seatbelts a few years back and welded the seats to the car frame, which proved to be a smart move. My neck and chest hurt like hell though, and doc gave me some big plastic collar that's getting on my nerves, can't even turn and I look like an idiot in this thing. At least I'll get out of it in a few days.

But I still have a problem, I have no car so I'll have to borrow my friend's car until I can buy one. And I just spent $300 to change half the engine two weeks ago, took me two days of changing parts and fine-tuning everything to make a 30 years old engine work like a new one, and now it's parts are located everywhere in a 100m radius around that crossroad. It's just my f***ing luck, so I'm not surprised.

All in all, today is s**t, so I think I'll just have a beer and go fill out that pile of paperwork for the insurance company.

Edited by Werne

I'm fine, got painkillers that keep me happy when it comes to my well being, but I feel bad about the car. I mean sure, bought it for cheap cause back then it was a rusty piece of junk with a broken engine, but I poured my heart and soul into restoring that thing. Took me a year of hard work to get it into pristine condition, and three years later it's a roadkill that looks like it fell into a giant blender. I have a nasty habit of getting emotionally attached to cars and bikes, sometimes it's not that great.

Anyway, a friend of mine made a few calls and found a Zastava 101 (Skala) from 1973 with broken transmission for €100, I've seen that same car before in his workshop so I'm sure it's in good condition, which means I'm taking it. I can fix the transmission easily, there's a wrecked Fiat 128 on the scrapyard with a working gearbox so I can just transplant it. That Zastava looks like this, but it's dark blue which faded in the sun and the bumper has a few specs of rust, so it needs a new coat of paint and a polish:

http://procedura.net1zen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/zastava101b01pa2.jpg

It's basically a bigger Yugo made by the same company, has a larger trunk and five door as opposed to three, even most of the parts are interchangeable between them but there's nothing left from my Yugo to transfer. The important thing is that this thing doesn't have any parts where rust ate through the metal, that's the one thing that plagues old Zastavas. I'll pay a guy I know to paint it once the insurance company "covers the loss", damn assholes are giving me $150 for a car that cost much more than that, but it's still better than nothing.

On a lighter note, I did want to sell my Yugo and buy a bigger car, it would be better since we got a kid and all so we can put all the stuff we need into it since it became too small for that, I just didn't expect it to get disintegrated like that. I loved that thing even though I hated it at times, it was a good little car.

*sigh* I need a new beer.

Hope everything will be ok with you Werne,

and I +1 the shitty day, you'd think that Sundays would be nice but nope.

It's literally getting worse by the minute what the f*** Sunday.

Seriously? Is today cursed or what

Edited by Iv000

My tv died on after 6 years of use, i guess bad luck is catching, but good news i bought a 4k TV :dance: , HDMI inputs crapped out on my Sharp aquos.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8430969&CatId=4717

Its a good thing sense i am moving and everything.

Now i need a 4k HD receiver to go along with it, setback to 4k. it would be interesting to see what my gtx780ti runs like at 4k :cool:

The benchmarks vs a ti and a titan is a big difference at 4k, the ti out performs it by 30fps.

600$ for a 4k tv, is a incredible steal :thumbsup:. I paid twice that much for my sharp aquos.

Edited by Thor.

Nice to know that you've got all the money in the world thor

I had to, its my gaming livelyhood at risk lol. plus that tv was dirt cheap for a 4k tv.

I do have a budget though, sense the money from the house and everything..

they say the 1080P isn't all that great, but that's why i am getting a HD receiver with 4k upscaling. it'll solve that problem.

Edited by Thor.