The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I had an interesting experience at work today. I used to be a fan of a Chicago rock band called Rise Against as a teenager. They were pretty softcore as rock went, but I liked them; they had good vocals and guitar, and were better than most of the crap floating around at the time. A co-worker had their latest album(Endgame) playing at work today and it took me six songs to even recognise the band. They've really gotten darker and more hardcore over the years, and I must say I may go and buy Endgame. It's somewhere around hard rock/punk rock now, and while it's not 100% to my tastes I'm surprised at just how well they've improved in six years. It's great to revisit something you liked and find it's come into it's own.

Finally, a bit of random news; they've unearthed an enormous cache of buried ET: the extraterrestrial cartridges buried under the New Mexico desert. This marks the first time that archaeologists have unearthed anything pertaining to gaming, or deliberately dug looking for gaming artefacts. The fate of the cartridges remains unknown, we can only pray that the archaeologists gathered them and burned them as should have been done a century ago in the '80s.

Dang all allergies, i wish there was a cure. One trick i found does work is power napping fro 30 minutes. Though doesn't work all the time, its the best solution. Drowsy sniff.

Lol, yeah, pretty much. :tongue:

EDIT: Apparently, I'm friends with myself on Steam.

http://puu.sh/8qBTx.jpg

EDIT 2: Watch Dogs looks pretty damn nice, though I'm not sure if that's just because of the downscaled image or not...

10325404_10150394858699991_3625111652039

Edited by billyro

LOL.

I play a lot of racing games, and racing communities the thing everybody competes over are lap times. A lap time is recorded every time you complete a lap of a circuit, and they're a very accurate way to compare player skill and car performance. As a result most racing games have live-streams for laptimes that upload your best times to a leaderboard.

And that's where the funny stuff can happen. In Need For Speed rivals, every time I beat one of my own laptimes I would see "Vindekar beat your record on <track name>" That Vindekar guy is such an a**hole, they can't let me have a moment's peace without constantly trying to be one-up on me! what a jerk.

Edited by Vindekarr

Yeah, what a scum - he won't even let you have a victory for 1 second. :tongue:

I think my laptop is indiscriminately deleting random files. For instance, I downloaded the Inigo Follower for Skyrim about a month ago, and was baffled to find that Inigo is not present in my mod list. What's more, the folder where I unzipped the mod was empty...

I would blame origin for that, if you haven't had issues now, maybe that's whats been happening all that time in your denial.

lol

Edited by Thor.

GFWL is a pain, especially when you forget your password and email to log in, while the key is strapped to that account.

Same with that awful uplay. Steam at least is a little better when it comes to that.

though it would be nice if steam had a feature to remove games from library, like the free to play stuff you never want to play ever again.

may need to make a new email just fro watch Dogs.

Edited by Thor.