The last poster wins

TheCalliton

*Werne tells Thor that his bragging is annoying*

*Thor ignores and brags some more*

To be honest, I didn't say his bragging is annoying, even though it is. I just said I'm avoiding him, and the fact that is annoying me with his constant bragging is the reason why.

Also cause he went on a rant saying how my overclocked graphics card is worthless even for 1080p video playback and how his 10 year old museum exhibit that would fall face first into the ground when compared against a stock 7750 is much better. Both he and I know that's wrong on so many levels, yet he had to do it cause he can't have worse hardware than anyone else even if it's older than god, it would hurt his e-peen.

Telling me my hardware is crap and that my overclocking sucks is not a nice thing to say to an overclocking enthusiast, it hurt my feelings. :sad:

On a side note, I'm surprised he didn't rave about his GTX 780 Ti "Ub3r Gr@phIcZ" and bragged about how many games he has instead, it's progress. :thumbsup:

Dicey (our dog) caught a pig today. A 90 kilogram pig. With large tusks.

Needless to say, she got beat up a little bit. Okay, quite a lot... but the pig came out even worse (dead). Dice had to go to the vet and get stitches, due to the long, deep gashes on her side and hind legs from the pig's tusks - more than 30 stitches in total. She's at home now and a little woozy from anaesthetics, but she'll be back to normal in a few weeks.

It's funny though: Dice is about 30kg, and she just attacked a pig three times her size... and won. She is probably one of the best fighters amongst all dogs (probably), but she's gentle and kind-natured and doesn't fight anything except pigs.

So yeah, that's my story for today.

Also, we have a dingo in the freezer. Dad was commissioned to trap it because it was terrorising animals over in the Daintree, and we're preserving it for James Cook University to study.

Edited by billyro

Well, I downloaded literally the biggest mod I've ever seen at 1.26 GB. It's a mod for Assetto Corsa that significantly alters the player's camera perspective, from a generic first-person to a first-person camera contained within a fully detailed helmet. Sounds simple, but doing it as this has been done-to studio quality-requires significant amounts of data.

It's also got some of the highest spec textures I've seen in a very long time; 7024X7024. Because the helmet's textures are viewed at extremely close range(you're "wearing" it) they need to be extremely high resolution to preserve the game's graphical quality. That said, the Vanilla textures in Assetto Corsa are pretty impressive; you can really tell it's a PC exclusive. The main resolutions are 2K X 2K and 4K X 4k. Not bad.

The best part of my computer is the disc drive.

When I was designing my rig, I forgot to spec a DVD/CD drive. I only became aware of the problem when I placed the order, and (obviously) had to go back and order one. The problem was, I didn't know anything about DVD drives and had no idea which ones were good. After spending a few minutes being baffled by claims of "ultra-fast burn guaranteed"(Combustibility isn't something you normaly see advertised) and "100% no deformation"(I'd damn well hope it isn't deformed) I decided to buy literally the cheapest one the store had.

And it's brilliant. It reads discs, it's the same colour as my case and it hasn't broken/burst into flames/eaten a disc. As far as I'm concerned it's $12 well spent, as it's the only part of my PC that hasn't either broken or gotten old and needed replacing.

Edited by Vindekarr

I just spent about an hour retexturing the wisp mother in Skyrim. The wisp mother should be beautiful, yet the vanilla wisp mother looks like a screeching, evil spirit.

Before...

http://puu.sh/8w77N.png

After...

http://puu.sh/8w7bf.png

I've still got to do a little bit more work, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'm going to have to do something about the seams though (even though they were present in the vanilla textures) because they stick out like a sore thumb. The nose might need some work, too.

I'm actually surprised that no one has done a retexture like this before...