The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Music was great

<3

A combination of Damien Marley, a flamethrower, an RPG, marijuana, pirates and explosions is bloody amazing. :yes:

And I just realized that Far Cry 3 has Zastava M93 Crna Strela, I'd recognize that gun from a mile away since it's the weapon I used when I served. I even own one, but I had to get a license to own a bloody cannon to even consider getting it and can't fire it without presence of active military personnel. :sad:

Anyway, I love this game, nothing beats an M93. Well, except for that Russian 30mm stuff using MiG explosive rounds someone brought during NATO training, too bad I wasn't allowed to fire it.

Ok, so who wants to hear a dubious funny story fresh off the internet? Nobody? too bad I'm telling it anyway.

Sadly this all actually happened. I've embellished the writing for the sake of humor, but the core events are all 100 true and verified.

Our story begins in Italy, with a game developer called Kunos. Kunos' staff have had a week from hell. They were due to launch an open multiplayer beta version of Assetto Corsa last Friday, only to discover a fatal error in the code less than an hour before launch. It took them a full week of double-shifts to solve the problem, and even with the beta now running, they then had to suffer through a typically miserable launch-day full of bugs and crashes and sadness.

Enter Suck(his real name, if you can believe it). Suck was an American Assetto Corsa problem with a big problem: Kunos had situated the game's servers in Europe. To Suck this was completely unacceptable, and he decided to embark on a quest: Suck would find someone from Kunos and convince them to move the servers to America. And Suck knew exactly where to look.

Suck went to the official Assetto Corsa forum, and there he found Aris Vesilakos. Surely Aris, with his command over the beta program would be able to help him. But Aris was not a magnanimous god. He ignored Suck's pleas, and told him to go away. Suck was shattered; he had come all this way, found a developer and then... ... been rejected.

Suck only knew how to deal with rejection in one way; he exploded with hate and made many unkind comments about Aris' mother. Finally the god gave Suck the attention he craved... ...as he banned him forever from the official forums.

Suck was too committed to stop now. Next he went to Race Department, and created a thread to tell people about how Aris was a false prophet. He ranted and raged for over an hour, but not a single f*#@ was given. Angered by all the noise, the infamously cantankerous warden of Race Deparment permabanned Suck, so he could go back to sleep.

Suck was so(grossly) incandescent with fury, that had Solaire Of Astora seen him, he would have thought he had finally found the sun of his own that he had searched so long for. There was only one option left to Suck, the one forum he hadn't yet been banned from. Heedless of what had happened the first two times, Suck plunged into the Assetto Corsa Steam Forum with the unleashed hate of Khorne Himself and the vocabulary of curses of Captain Blackbeard.

He unloaded upon everyone in reach; gamers, moderators, none were spared his solar fury. He gibbered and raged for hours and when the dust finally settled, Suck was no more. Suck had set out find a server for America, but had only found rejection. In his rage he had been banned from three forums, and Assetto Corsa itself.

The real tragedy is... ...that Suck could have simply created an American server for free anyway, via the multiplayer menu.

The moral of the story is, don't be a d*** on forums. You might become the punch-line of one of my bad jokes.

Holy, Bound by Flame has certainly come alive in these last few hours. :happy:

Is it any good?

It's got a pretty interesting story, combat is fun (but ridiculously hard, and it seems like it's getting harder), and overall I'd say I'm happy with it despite a few issues.

-snip-

Ugh. People feel way too entitled when it comes to games (particularly early access/betas/etc.), and the fact that he could've made his own server? lol

I don't know if you watch Chucklefish's forums, but wow... The amount of people who bought Starbound and then complain because it's unfinished or because the developers aren't updating the game or sharing information (Twitter, Twitch, Reddit, and Chucklefish's website obviously never have news) is horrifying. Some of these people have been around the forums forever. They continue to like every negative post and make comments regarding the developers and/or game. What I don't understand is why they are still there if they hate the game so much. People have no patience or trust.

Holy, Bound by Flame has certainly come alive in these last few hours. :happy:

Is it any good?

Aside from the rough edges, it is. I would personally ignore the metacritic score (56) since they must have been blinded by the graphical issues to give the game a fair chance. Beneath the surface, Bound by Flame is a well thought out game. I reckon a few patches would be necessary to get the game up to scratch, but for now, it's worth the $35 IMO.

Aside from the rough edges, it is. I would personally ignore the metacritic score (56) since they must have been blinded by the graphical issues to give the game a fair chance. Beneath the surface, Bound by Flame is a well thought out game. I reckon a few patches would be necessary to get the game up to scratch, but for now, it's worth the $35 IMO.

Really? A 56?

It's not nearly bad enough to deserve that. It's not bad at all really, it's enjoyable despite it's issues.

I've seen worse games, that score is not accurate, only biased people only give scores like that. Not looking at the whole picture.

Edited by Thor.

*sigh* metacritic as usual, has it's head up it's own backside. Their reviews are usually motivated by the buyer's remorse of immature, angry Americans with nothing better to do with their time than complain and be self-righteous on the internet.