The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I get really mad when a article becomes so biased towards a certain company, with false accusations i see allot, especially on IGN. As the term Biased its a problem in many gaming sites, but there is sometimes the odd one out. You really have to look for it, which is a shame. That's where the poor score comes from poorly written, leaning to a certain company, or bought out for reviewing a high score. $$$. You never see a bad score on any EA games now do you, its the $$$$.

Edited by Thor.

Gah, Bound by Flame is pissing me off. Out of the blue, I'm suddenly up against the final boss, and I was sooo close to beating him until I died (ran out of health potions) and I can't go and get more because the way back is blocked. So yeah, I pretty much cannot win because of that. Seriously, whoever thought it was a good idea to stop me from buying more health potions for the final boss was an absolute f***-wit.

Oh well, I'm sick of that game for now. I've played it for about 11 hours so I think I'm due for a break. I might replay the game from the start and make a few different decisions this time around, but for now, back to Skyrim! :laugh:

Edited by billyro

Gah, Bound by Flame is pissing me off. Out of the blue, I'm suddenly up against the final boss, and I was sooo close to beating him until I died (ran out of health potions) and I can't go and get more because the way back is blocked. So yeah, I pretty much cannot win because of that. Seriously, whoever thought it was a good idea to stop me from buying more health potions for the final boss was an absolute f***-wit.

Oh well, I'm sick of that game for now. I've played it for about 11 hours so I think I'm due for a break. I might replay the game from the start and make a few different decisions this time around, but for now, back to Skyrim! :laugh:

I have a feeling I'm close to the end. There's a quest though that's bugging me (I don't understand why they can't just grab what they need to grab, so I don't know what I need to be looking for to get to it) and I don't want to go any further in fear that it will fail (and unfortunately it's not the quest that decided to stick with me from chapter 1).

Edit: Also, do you not have stuff to make more health potions?

Edited by K00L

I saw something very impressive on the news tonight, the sort of innovation that really makes me smile. A light plane was flying over the Blue Mountains in Australia when it's engine failed. The plane only had one engine, and without power it fell towards the ground. The plane was however, fitted with a prototype parachute system, which the pilot deployed. The parachute worked flawlessly; the plane gently drifted to earth and landed in a garden. Nobody was hurt.

Innovations like that are what really drive technology forwards. There's no law that says "planes must have a parachute" nor did any governing body say "we should stick parachutes on planes" Rather, a group of people one day decided "we can make planes safer, let's fit a parachute for emergencies" Five people are safe at home as a result.

Most of the greatest advances in safety of nearly every kind, have happened because someone decided to take action on their own. Speaking from my own experience with cars, most of the safety devices we take for granted were invented by individuals who either lost a close colleague or became disenfranchised with how dangerous driving had become. They often had to fight, as well. For all their responsibilities, governing bodies of all kinds are rarely willing to accept a need for new safety devices.

Edited by Vindekarr

I saw something very impressive on the news tonight, the sort of innovation that really makes me smile. A light plane was flying over the Blue Mountains in Australia when it's engine failed. The plane only had one engine, and without power it fell towards the ground. The plane was however, fitted with a prototype parachute system, which the pilot deployed. The parachute worked flawlessly; the plane gently drifted to earth and landed in a garden. Nobody was hurt.

Innovations like that are what really drive technology forwards. There's no law that says "planes must have a parachute" nor did any governing body say "we should stick parachutes on planes" Rather, a group of people one day decided "we can make planes safer, let's fit a parachute for emergencies" Five people are safe at home as a result.

Most of the greatest advances in safety of nearly every kind, have happened because someone decided to take action on their own. Speaking from my own experience with cars, most of the safety devices we take for granted were invented by individuals who either lost a close colleague or became disenfranchised with how dangerous driving had become. They often had to fight, as well. For all their responsibilities, governing bodies of all kinds are rarely willing to accept a need for new safety devices.

The systems are actually quite impressive and very innovative. The first ones by BRS Aviation were introduced in 1982 for light sport aircraft. They are credited with saving 225 lives and have become standard equipment on all light sport aircraft in North America. The more recent version introduced in 2008 will do small aircraft up to 3600lbs like a Cessna 182 which is a 3000lb airplane. It has saved 65 lives so far. There are an estimated 30,000 aircraft with the system installed.

The current system is being tested for accreditation for use on larger and jet engined aircraft up to 6000lbs and should be available next year or at the latest by 2016.

Just didn't want you to think they are a prototype.

I have a feeling I'm close to the end. There's a quest though that's bugging me (I don't understand why they can't just grab what they need to grab, so I don't know what I need to be looking for to get to it) and I don't want to go any further in fear that it will fail (and unfortunately it's not the quest that decided to stick with me from chapter 1).

Yeah, a lot of quests tend to be rather roundabout in their methods, annoyingly. Let me guess - you're at the part where you need the crystals?

Edit: Also, do you not have stuff to make more health potions?

Oh... my... god... I completely forgot about that! I shall make some potions and have another go. :D

EDIT: Yes! I beat it! Thank you for reminding me about crafting. :thumbsup:

Edited by billyro

The guys that made Bound By Flame also made a strangely similar game to Mass Effect called Mars: War Logs.

Idk, to me it just seems like they're ripping off Bioware titles and creating mediocre copies of them. Mars: War Logs even looks like Bound By Flame just with a fantasy setting.