The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Yeah, a lot of quests tend to be rather roundabout in their methods, annoyingly. Let me guess - you're at the part where you need the crystals?

Oh... my... god... I completely forgot about that! I shall make some potions and have another go. :D

EDIT: Yes! I beat it! Thank you for reminding me about crafting. :thumbsup:

The crystal thing wasn't bad, but it was obvious they were quest related when I saw them. No, this was about getting the soul stone from a certain body. Which you have to progress to ALMOST the second to last boss to be able to get, which seemed odd to me.

That last boss... Ugh. I died like three or four times and had to start over when I got him down to just about a quarter of his health.

I'm kind of confused with one thing in the ending particularly

the significance of dragons. Dunno if that's spoiler worthy, but they crack jokes about dwarves and dragons the whole game only to find out BOTH are real. Anyway, Vulcan makes a comment about there being more dragons, like they're important somehow. It feels like they cut stuff or forgot to elaborate because there's a few things like this. Good ending though. Kind of predictable (as far as choices, didn't expect a second demon thing or a dragon), but I did enjoy the game. I'm not sure I'll be able to play through the game again though, despite wondering about different choices. It was too hard, and honestly I was already tired of some of the stupid one liners the character says. "I hope I get to rip you a third one, the other two are for pooping right?" (or something like that)

When he said that I just... stared.

Edit: I thought I would also mention that my broken/stuck quest I had from chapter 1 was the thing about getting into the cave while keeping your mind safe. I decided I didn't want to go back to the village so I just tried to walk inside the cave again and accepted the demon's offer. The quest never completed. My character also actually seemed to have a bug with his possession level, as later it dropped back to 0% but he still had fiery eyes, which switched back to his normal ones when the demon talked rather than staying fiery the whole time.

The guys that made Bound By Flame also made a strangely similar game to Mass Effect called Mars: War Logs.

Idk, to me it just seems like they're ripping off Bioware titles and creating mediocre copies of them. Mars: War Logs even looks like Bound By Flame just with a fantasy setting.

Mars: War Logs is also just an okay game. Sort of interesting story, but I never finished it (I don't remember why, but after playing Bound by Flame it was probably because of the difficulty). Neither are really that similar to Bioware's games, combat is different, story is vastly different, and the worlds aren't very similar either.

Edit: Actually when I started playing Bound by Flame the first thing I thought of was Game of Thrones. Deadwalkers. Icy. The story is fairly interesting though. The game's worth it, but I wouldn't recommend it as something you need to play.

And Mars: War Logs kind of made me think of Red Faction, mostly because of it being Mars I suppose.

Edited by K00L

I'm losing faith in consoles these days, with Sony's attitude towards aaa games and micro transaction, i might just go the way of pc, if things continue going down hill. Might retire the console soon, if no real good games come out soon. Sony is really messing with their fan base, pissing off gamers like that.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/economics-for-aaa-games-simply-don-t-work-on-playstation-vita-sony-says/1100-6419548/

=

Edited by Thor.

I assumed you would just use PC anyway, considering how much money you throw at it. :ermm:

-SNIP-

The crystal thing wasn't bad, but it was obvious they were quest related when I saw them. No, this was about getting the soul stone from a certain body. Which you have to progress to ALMOST the second to last boss to be able to get, which seemed odd to me.

That last boss... Ugh. I died like three or four times and had to start over when I got him down to just about a quarter of his health.

I'm kind of confused with one thing in the ending particularly

the significance of dragons. Dunno if that's spoiler worthy, but they crack jokes about dwarves and dragons the whole game only to find out BOTH are real. Anyway, Vulcan makes a comment about there being more dragons, like they're important somehow. It feels like they cut stuff or forgot to elaborate because there's a few things like this. Good ending though. Kind of predictable (as far as choices, didn't expect a second demon thing or a dragon), but I did enjoy the game. I'm not sure I'll be able to play through the game again though, despite wondering about different choices. It was too hard, and honestly I was already tired of some of the stupid one liners the character says. "I hope I get to rip you a third one, the other two are for pooping right?" (or something like that)

When he said that I just... stared.

Edit: I thought I would also mention that my broken/stuck quest I had from chapter 1 was the thing about getting into the cave while keeping your mind safe. I decided I didn't want to go back to the village so I just tried to walk inside the cave again and accepted the demon's offer. The quest never completed. My character also actually seemed to have a bug with his possession level, as later it dropped back to 0% but he still had fiery eyes, which switched back to his normal ones when the demon talked rather than staying fiery the whole time.

Yeah, it appears that a lot of things were left out. It's like the developers have built up all this lore for the game but forgot to put it in.

The ending was a little bit anti-climactic, IMO. After killing the demon and the dragon, you get the 2 choices (sacrifice yourself and save world, or become the overlord of everything) and these just seem... cliché. I chose to be valiant hero who sacrificed himself for the greater good, and then... nothing. You get Mathias telling you of the stuff that happened by then that's it. Credits.

I'm not sure if I'll play it through again, either. Maybe in a few weeks or so, but definitely not soon.

Yeah, some of the things that Vulcan says are cringe-inducing. I suspect they wanted to create a character who had a nice blend of confidence, humour and aggression, but Vulcan just comes across as an arse-hole most of the time.

But aside from all that, the game is pretty well made and is good value for money, but no GOTY material.

Mine work fine... :confused:

EDIT: A little bit of trial and error, but I think I'm finally getting some decent results in my Skyrim weapons...

(Note: many images in spoiler)

http://puu.sh/8HVV5.jpg

http://puu.sh/8HVYO.jpg

http://puu.sh/8HW1c.jpg

http://puu.sh/8HW07.jpg

:)

Edited by billyro

Thanks, man. :happy:

I'm still going to experiment a little more, but I might start releasing some of this stuff.

Heh, just then I noticed that Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition (what a name!) is coming out on Steam in 2 days. I might get it just for kicks and giggles. :P