The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Hmmm Elite Dangerous recommended system requirements is insane, 16gb of ddr3 to make full use of the game.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=441&game=Elite%3A+Dangerous&p_make=AMD&p_deriv=FX-8350&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GTX+780+Ti+Gigabyte+GHz+Edition&ram=8&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements

this shows of Elites masssive galaxy map in its glory, wow.

Its just as massive as i have thought it would be.

Edited by Thor.

Watch Dogs in 6 days... pretty damn excited. I'm a bit on the fence about buying it right away, though. $75 is just a bit too much... but then again, it's going to be awesome...

Argh, can't decide. Someone help me.

I haven't bought it either. It looks really cool, but if it turns out to be not as good as it's hyped up (Which I doubt, but you never know) to be then I might wait until it's cheaper. I may wait until it's cheaper anyway because there are way too many games I like this year.

On the topic of space games:
Flagship. It's a first person real-time strategy game, and it's being designed for the Oculus Rift (but it's not required). The FAQ says they MAY add boarding enemy ships and you'll probably be able to fly fighters as well. Kind of a cool idea.

There's been a coup in Thailand. Not a huge surprise after martial-law was declared on Wednesday, but still disappointing. This is Thailand's 19th coup, and 14th military coup since gaining democracy. Infact it's been less than seven years since the last one. Nobody killed as of yet, but the military's seized control of the capital and taken over the governance of the country... ...again.

On a lighter note, I finally bit the bullet and got into Game Of Thrones tonight. The writing quality is everything I'd hoped for, and I can tell I'm going to enjoy it. For the sake of fun I'm keeping a tally of how many characters get killed off, I'm at chapter 2 and we're already at fourteen. Most KIA in combat, one executed. What's staggering is that George Martin even managed to kill 14 characters at all... ...in 12 pages of script.

Sure, some of the bloodthirsty '80s sci fi I like kills off billions but they aren't fleshed-out characters. If you actually tally up characters who are fully introduced the bloodiest would have been the Ravenor series, and it only killed off a few dozen(IE: nearly all of them)

Edited by Vindekarr

I think he starts off the books like that in the same way that someone always gets murdered at the start of an 80s cop drama. Sets up the tone nicely. I'm pretty sure he slows down by at least the fourth book or so, except for large battles where a lot of people are obviously killed.

I'm tempted to get the original Dawn of War on Steam since the whole franchise is on sale. I have it on disc somewhere, the problem is where somewhere is. :laugh:

I can also recommend the second game if you enjoyed the first. Dawn Of War II and Chaos Rising had excellent campaigns, Chaos Rising especially. For the bloodiest of all the '80s pulp sci-fi franchises that are still alive, Dawn Of War II is surprisingly cerebral. Chaos Rising is ultimately a story about what it means to be a hero, and far more intelligent than people gave it credit for. Plus the gameplay is still highly impressive-it's Company Of Hero with Boltguns.

BEHOLD THE POWER!!!

http://valid.x86.fr/cache/screenshot/7xj1gm.png

Unlimited powah! :laugh:

And yes, it's all mine - 48.1% overclock on air. That will be my new HTPC since the old one had an accident, I didn't take the bloody cheapo board into account so a VRM blew up which fried the motherboard and CPU. This overclocked Athlon 64 will do just fine.

And in case you didn't notice, clicking the pic shows the full CPU-Z validation. :wink:

By the way, I wonder how Watch Dogs will end up being, it's visual aspects got so hyped up as if it's the second coming of christ.

My guess? It will be poorly received once the graphics end up being less than stellar and the price will fall down faster than the panties of a drunk girl in a country club. So if the gameplay aspect is good, I'll be getting it once the price cools down. :happy:

Finally bought Reaper Of Souls today. To be fair, Diablo 3 was a fiasco. The launch was terrible, the game had serious flaws, and ultimately it couldn't live up to people's rose-tinted memories of it's legendary ancestors. Reaper Of Souls goes a long way to fixing those faults. I don't know if it's the game Diablo 3 should have always been, but it's a class act and arguably the best isometric RPG around at the moment.

There's an immense list of changes, but two of them in particular caught my eye because I suspect they'll eventually appear in all RPGs. The first is pretty simple: loot-tables are now unique to each class, and skewed so that you're more likely to get items that you can actually use. Crusaders and Barbarians often get 2H melee weapons for example, while Wizards are more likely to get Staves and 1H Crossbows only drop for the Daemon Huntress who can use them.

The second system is an intelligent difficulty scale. It's vevery similar to Borderlands 2's system, but a little bit more polished. Monsters do have levels, but they're automatically scaled to you. What makes the system so good, is that it doesn't just scale based on level. Difficulty settings make the biggest difference; higher difficulty = higher levelled monsters. It also scales based on environment, with more dangerous areas always producing worse creatures. The system is incredibly polished, and I've been able to smoothely play my way through the story without ever having to grind.

As a final note, higher difficulty means you level up faster. As someone who has multiple characters, I cannot tell you how welcome this change is. When I replay an area, I always play a harder difficulty-usually Expert-because I know what to do. With this system, playing on Expert means I also get double XP, allowing me to create new characters without agonising grinding-especially with the near-flawless scaling mechanic.