The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I can also recommend the second game if you enjoyed the first. Dawn Of War II and Chaos Rising had excellent campaigns, Chaos Rising especially. For the bloodiest of all the '80s pulp sci-fi franchises that are still alive, Dawn Of War II is surprisingly cerebral. Chaos Rising is ultimately a story about what it means to be a hero, and far more intelligent than people gave it credit for. Plus the gameplay is still highly impressive-it's Company Of Hero with Boltguns.

I have the second one and both expansions I believe. I know I played it for a bit but it was probably on my old computer before it died on me. It's a bit different from the first but I still enjoyed the couple of hours I played. I'll get back into again some time. :laugh:

I've been wanting to try Diablo III but the first the reviews made me wait (I don't know why, I'm pretty lenient when it comes to games compared to most reviews I see), then my computer dying, and then the full price release on consoles (which is what I was considering buying it on so I could play with my brothers). If it wasn't for the fact that it's still like $40-50 when I see it in stores I'd probably have tried it by now.

Edit: I said still twice. :tongue:

Edited by K00L

My brain... it's all weird. And I can't sleep now that I've woken up.

Last night was like the first time I've ever been properly drunk, and whoa.

It was actually really awesome while it lasted but now... not so much.

Close-to-midnight rant yay

I'm so burned out on everything, games, tech, all the things that make me happy and content basically just don't anymore, I'm not even excited for the things I was excited about. These exams are really getting to me, I feel like nothing is enjoyable besides relaxing in the same room with my boyfriend which I can't have right now, but soon.

I hope this will pass after I'm done with all my exams.

I also feel like a snob for buying a $250 suit for my prom. And I also got a 1TB external HDD because I need to back stuff up and move it to my new laptop when I get it eventually.

Just, this money isn't really mine, it's on my bank account but it's still not mine, I haven't earned it. Spending it on things makes me feel bad, especially when its something expensive like a suit. My best friend has been telling me how she can't even afford to go get coffee with me because she doesn't have the money, I dont mind I just treat her to one, which makes me feel like a snob as well.

Often times I wonder if I'm spoiled. Spoiled people get burned out don't they?

I feel like school is haunting me even when I'm almost done with it :P I should be fine after these exams.

fun

I've been wanting to try Diablo III but the first the reviews made me wait (I don't know why, I'm pretty lenient when it comes to games compared to most reviews I see), then my computer dying, and then the full price release on consoles (which is what I was considering buying it on so I could play with my brothers). If it wasn't for the fact that it's still like $40-50 when I see it in stores I'd probably have tried it by now.

Waiting was the right decision, at launch it was an excellent RPG but a very average Diablo game. Reaper Of Souls is absolutely worth it now, though. The price is a serious problem, but I think you get your $70 worth. The graphics are beautiful, the combat is nearly flawless, the story and characters are excellent and genuinely feel "epic" the way a game like this should. It's also spectacularly high quality, I haven't seen a single crash or noteworthy bug in my playthrough thus far.

It's probably a bit different to what you're used to, as it draws on older RPG heritage. There's limited character customisation and a rigid class structure, but oddly those are all done so well that they aren't problem. Every class has a full dialogue tree all to itself: you get completely different dialogue from act I to the final fight based on your class, and they all have radically differing personalities and interactions. It's all 100% voiced as well, with some excellent acting to be had. The female Crusader particularly is a lot of fun, a bit like a British Femshep with a wry sense of humor.

Edited by Vindekarr

I can also recommend the second game if you enjoyed the first. Dawn Of War II and Chaos Rising had excellent campaigns, Chaos Rising especially. For the bloodiest of all the '80s pulp sci-fi franchises that are still alive, Dawn Of War II is surprisingly cerebral. Chaos Rising is ultimately a story about what it means to be a hero, and far more intelligent than people gave it credit for. Plus the gameplay is still highly impressive-it's Company Of Hero with Boltguns.

I have the second one and both expansions I believe. I know I played it for a bit but it was probably on my old computer before it died on me. It's a bit different from the first but I still enjoyed the couple of hours I played. I'll get back into again some time. :laugh:

It has a free demo you can try it that way.

https://eu.battle.net/account/activation/landing.html?product=D3&d3Gateway

The TL:DR of it is, it's a great game but it's not cheap. As Iv000 suggested you're best off trying the Demo as that will show you the basics, although unfortunately most of the really great features that make R.O.S. so good, aren't in the demo version.

I wanted to try the demo but the fact that it's 25Gb put me off.

I didn't even install Max Payne 3 which I bought half a year ago because it has 30Gb. My download speed is just too slow, this would take a week to download.

Do it, you'll probably like it. Just whatever you do, don't start on Hard. That 75% XP bonus looks tasty, but this is a very unforgiving and very skill-based game, and you'd just get pulverised. Especially with the ranged classes that newbies invariably go for.

25GB for a demo? What fool decided that was a good idea?

I've been thinking about getting Diablo 3 as well, yeah, the price. If it ever goes on sale, then I might.

Anyway, new sword.

http://puu.sh/8Z6LL.jpg

I've managed to get the blood working perfectly this time (no more flying blood muahahaha) and I'm starting to get the hang of environment mapping (shininess). Also yeah, warm lighting (it looks nice).

I think I might start contributing to Skywind if I can manage to find any weapons that haven't been done yet...