The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Looks great Billy, really fits the times and theme. Textures great as always.

I would say, with Diablo you've got to make a decision. Is it worth that money to you? For me the answer was yes because I really enjoy RPGs, and this happens to be a very, very good one. If you aren't into RPGs, then don't bother. It's too expensive for a non-fan to worry about.

I think Blizzard made just a single mistake with Reaper Of Souls, and that's the price. If they sold this for $50 or less, it would be selling like hotcakes. As is, there's a huge community but the uptake has been slower than it could have been. It's a classic case of selling one thing for a million dollars or selling a million things for a dollar. Blizzard made the unusual choice to make this quite an exclusive, premium game and that's had some... interesting side-effects for the community.

If there's something I've noticed, it's that everybody is very polite and there's an almost Nexus-Like respect for the rule of law. Diablo 3 isn't a cheap game, infact it's a bloody expensive game, and nobody wants to get banned. The players I have met-and there is a lively multiplayer aspect-have been extremely polite and well-behaved. By making this a comparatively up-market game they've rather amusingly created a community that behave like ladies and gentlemen some of the time.

*squeee* Look what I got:

DSC00390.JPG

DSC00389.JPG

A teeny tiny 25W quad-core Kabini! :woot:

Wife bought it, she knows I've been wanting one to play with since it came out and she ordered it from Germany for me since it got sold out completely here a day after release. God, I love that woman. :wub:

And damn, I should really clean that table. I know it's a garage work table where I disassemble bikes but... damn, that thing is dirty. :sick:

@billyro The sword looks freakin' amazing, I especially love the specular map. :yes:

Do it, you'll probably like it. Just whatever you do, don't start on Hard. That 75% XP bonus looks tasty, but this is a very unforgiving and very skill-based game, and you'd just get pulverised. Especially with the ranged classes that newbies invariably go for.

I'm sure I will. I love the Max Payne series, I will just let it download overnight or something.

And hey I love a challenge :D

@Werne

That's a real cutie of a CPU ^^ your wife is awesome for doing this.

Also Diablo 3 related.

Vin, compared to Torchlight 2 and Titan Quest, would you think that Diablo 3 is in some way superior to these two? I played through Titan Quest with a friend and it was really fun, I had less fun with Torchlight (and 2) for some reason, it's a great game but something just put me off and I never could play it for long.

That's a real cutie of a CPU ^^ your wife is awesome for doing this.

That she is, it's why I married her. And the CPU is laptop size, 3/4 of a regular desktop CPU like FX and Phenom II, it looks small and cute next to a big daddy Athlon 64. :happy:

It's just too bad Links closed up shop 3 minutes before I got there, slammed face first into a door and left saddened. I'd have it mounted and overclocked by now, and instead I have to wait till monday. :sad:

Dunro Smash...I know what my next swtor toon will be called :tongue:

Veran Mrzad. Not very flashy, I must say.

Ah well, at least it's better than Gomiv Skčak. :tongue:

Eh you should try overclocking the amd phenom 940 for me, it would be a great way to say thanks to that one amazing cpu. 7 years old, and still working to this day as it was new. I haven't even changed up the thermal paste, they say you should do ever couple years.

the amd 940, the first quad core cpu of its time.

Edited by Thor.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/242dc141af07106f6cc80c93c3c0bb34/tumblr_mqmvoadq311r46g4to1_500.jpg

Dunro Smash...I know what my next swtor toon will be called :tongue:

Darth Vereg

Mccpa Lalon

I'm trying to figure out how to say that first name. :laugh:

And Vindekarr, I think you've convinced me to finally get Diablo 3 (and Reaper of Souls). Soonish... $80 is a bit much especially since there's a lot of other games coming out this year I want.