The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Welcome back m48a5, i haven't seen your mellow face around fro awhile. I knew something was missing. I l always wondered if that was your robot designated name or a code :confused: .

Edited by Thor.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/242dc141af07106f6cc80c93c3c0bb34/tumblr_mqmvoadq311r46g4to1_500.jpg

Dunro Smash...I know what my next swtor toon will be called :tongue:

Robwi Stmur

:huh:

Hey everyone, can I just verify something?

Is this Eddie Murphy? (I really am terrible with celebrity names and just names in general)

http://puu.sh/904j1.jpg

It was a part of a portfolio I have to present tomorrow and I don't want to make a fool of myself by calling him Eddie Murphy if he isn't, in fact, Eddie Murphy. :P

Edited by billyro

I spotted something on the net, steam media player in the works.

Make it so, sense streaming your games is available, i don't see why not media.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/02/steam-music-beta-will-soon-let-you-play-your-music-through-steam/

looks legit.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steammusic#announcements/detail/1498873168009439000

next they need app support, soon might be its own OS lol. Except without the os part, if ya know what i mean.

more interesting stuff, planetary internet, soon we'll have a solar system based internet.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/05/wireless-broadband-can-reach-the-moon-and-maybe-mars/

Edited by Thor.

Also Diablo 3 related.

Vin, compared to Torchlight 2 and Titan Quest, would you think that Diablo 3 is in some way superior to these two? I played through Titan Quest with a friend and it was really fun, I had less fun with Torchlight (and 2) for some reason, it's a great game but something just put me off and I never could play it for long.

I've never played Titan Quest so I won't comment on that. I have played Torchlight 2 though, and D3 is superior on every level. Reaper Of Souls pushes it even further. I don't want to over-hype it, because it's still "a game" and has flaws like all games do, but it is a very, very high quality product and beautifully polished. It's also fun, genuinely actually fun to play.

Diablo's biggest advantage, besides overall build-quality is it's story. It's fully voiced and quite well written, and has an epic feel to it that Torchlight's very much doesn't. What makes it even better, is that it stays fresh with each playthrough. Your own character is fully voiced and takes part in all cutscenes, as well as "passively" interacting with their Companions. Each class has a different voice actor and completely different dialogue; a Crusader will see completely different dialogue and cutscenes to a Demon Hunter, although the base story will remain the same.

The classes themselves, and the level system are also significantly better. In Diablo you have four Skill Slots(numpad 1-4) and left and right click attack slots. You put a Skill into those slots to use in combat, and each class has five skill options for each slot. Where it really gets interesting, is that each skill also has multiple Skill Runes. The runes radically alter the way that skill works, and you can re-slot your skills and runes for free whenever you aren't in combat.

It sounds primitive compared to games where you also have attribute customisation, but each Rune VASTLY alters each skill and there's enormous variety. Take Provoke for example. It's a Crusader skill which projects an AOE around the player. The default version forces mobs in the AOE to attack you, for tanking. With Runes, it can become an AOE lifedrain or an AOE stun, an AOE fear, an AOE buff and even more.

When I say "vastly change" I mean it, runes change the very concept of how a skill works, and gives Diablo a vast depth of customisation-all available on the fly.You won't miss attributes points, I guarantee that. Skills and runes are already a challenge to memorise, and there is an in-depth attribute system on your gear.

Finally, boss and combat design are significantly superior to Torchlight. There's some really great boss fights, and each one feels unique. You'll also be glad to know that this game doesn't hold your hand at all. Once you reach level 10, that's it. No more assistance, you're on your own. Difficulties range from Normal T1 which is pretty easy, to Torment T5. I recommend T2 Hard for melee classes especially; it's just-right. Play well and you'll never die, but a single mistake could be fatal. It's a beautifully balanced game in that respect; you really can complete the campaign on a single life if you're vigilant enough. You won't ever die unfairly.

Edited by Vindekarr

Eh you should try overclocking the amd phenom 940 for me, it would be a great way to say thanks to that one amazing cpu. 7 years old, and still working to this day as it was new. I haven't even changed up the thermal paste, they say you should do ever couple years.

the amd 940, the first quad core cpu of its time.

Ship it to me and I shall say it my thanks by overclocking it as far as it can go, I already have the cooling and mobo for it. :thumbsup:

And a 7 year old CPU working as new is nothing, I have a 15 year old Athlon Thunderbird, the first CPU that reached 1GHz, and it still works as new. I don't have a socket A motherboard though, which just sucks. :sad:

The Athlon thunderbird can run windows 7 believe it or not.

really fast fro a 15 year old pc, that tells you something. I had something similar back then. The thing with amd back in the day, they where light years ahead of Intel. That celeron crap is proof of how superior amd was.
it was more then capable of playing Diablo 2 that's for sure, i think it was the thunderbird chip i had. Dejavu

yea it came out the same time as Diablo 2, amazing. The same chip i tried playing Kotor with a geforce 4 at high to mid settings at 1024x768, its all coming back to me. :laugh:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/557

Edited by Thor.

Robwi Stmur

:huh:

LOL best name ever!

Hey everyone, can I just verify something?

Is this Eddie Murphy? (I really am terrible with celebrity names and just names in general)

http://puu.sh/904j1.jpg

It was a part of a portfolio I have to present tomorrow and I don't want to make a fool of myself by calling him Eddie Murphy if he isn't, in fact, Eddie Murphy. :tongue:

That's Will Smith's portrait from Men In Black done a cubist fashion

I'm sure you'll have all heard the phrase "bee in your bonnet" If you've got a bee in your bonnet, it means you're grumpy, crabby and generally irritable. Well last night I saw a very literal case of bee-in-bonnet.

Spare a thought for British Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton. During yesterday's Monte Carlo grand prix-arguably the most prestigious auto race on the planet, a stinging insect became trapped in his helmet before the start of the race. Formula 1 drivers wear sealed helmets; Hamilton had to drive the entire two-hour race with a bee or similar buzzing around in his dome, and came out swelled up like a marshmallow.

An hour in he was complaining of trouble seeing, but kept fighting and managed to finish second to his team-mate. Even making a single lap around Monte Carlo with one eye blinded is a staggering achievement, as it's the most dangerous and narrowest circuit still in use today. Completing 48 laps half-blinded, fighting off one of the most talented rookies in the last thirty years and finishing second is nothing short of amazing.