The last poster wins

TheCalliton

My fps is good around 80fps, but i nnoticed its pretty choppy even when optimized, maybe its the ram, i don't know. It lags once in awhile, but loading is seamless.

it loads super fast, around 4 seconds at most on my ssd, so i am removing the cpu or video card. It could be something else, maybe the ram :woot: I have a hunch that the vram is pooling over to the system ram, maybe thats why the requirements for the ram to be so high. Dude not cool, games should run smooth with less ram, not more. Its just bad programming.

I'm hoping when gta v comes out for pc, that'll show how its done, sense the same graphics almost comparable was on last gen, not exceptable.
Watch Dogs the epic memory leak, jargon speaking, i mean pc memory.

Edited by Thor.

So Watch Dogs has poor mouse control, bad optimization, long loading times, overhyped graphics, and is overall a pretty substandard PC port. Guess I'll be skipping over it. The gameplay and everything looks entertaining, but I learned from Sleeping Dogs that I just cannot enjoy a game with bad mouse control.

Sleeping dogs had good 360 control, if i could get away with it, it would be 360 controller. Because i am thinking might have some arthritis in my hands from gaming all the years, the layout just bothers me. holding the mouse for long periods of time also bothers me, sigh soon i will be a criple at this rate lol. i am only 32 :pinch:

Yup just got a confirmation it is the memory, system memory that is causing the lagg.

Edited by Thor.

So, I've been playing Watch Dogs for the last couple of hours, and this is what I think:

First, the game runs quite well on my laptop. I was genuinely surprised, actually - I get about 40 frames with decent settings, which is much better than I thought I'd get.

The movement feels stiff, but more practice will take care of that. In particular, the mouse control is very annoying - too much acceleration. I can't aim because of that, and the mouse still feels slow even though I've got the mouse speeds on 100. This makes combat quite difficult, but maybe a patch will come out soon and fix it.

I think that driving is strange, especially since I'm using the keyboard and mouse (I always use a mouse with shooters), and so far I've probably crashed into every single tree in Chicago. :laugh:

The characters and cutscenes are pretty damn good, though. I didn't really pay much attention to the development videos and stuff, but it seems like they used motion capture. Aidan is a cool character (if a bit typical), and the side characters I've seen so far look interesting.

The hacking is perhaps a little more shallow than I was expecting, but that doesn't matter because it's still fun to terrorise hapless enemies with it. :devil:

Well, that's all I can think to write at the moment. More stuff will come to me, probably...

EDIT: Also, UPlay freakin' sucks.

Edited by billyro

Sigh i may need to wait until ram drops in price before i upgrade, well there is other games i have in my library that i haven't touched yet. Might back Elite Dangerous after all.

oops double post.

Anything lower then a 7950 you would be struggling that's for sure, its a gas guzzler.

Here is a interesting analyzed watchdogs review, vs Nvidia and Radeon.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/183095-watch-dogs-analyzing-the-impact-of-nvidias-gameworks-integration-and-amd-performance

Edited by Thor.

There's no option to turn off mouse acceleration? I recall that Sleeping Dogs had a patch that let it turn off, but it really didn't do anything for making mouse control better, since the game was pretty much translating mouse movement into toggle stick movement, which was then used to control the character. Needless to say, it felt horrible.

Oh, I'll have to have another look then.

EDIT: Yep, I turned Aim-Assist off and now the game is much more playable. Thanks for the hint. :wink:

EDIT 2: Bethesda has announced a new game: Battlecry. I hope that they haven't been devoting their time to this instead of Fallout 4...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbY271qrw0

Edited by billyro

EDIT 2: Bethesda has announced a new game: Battlecry. I hope that they haven't been devoting their time to this instead of Fallout 4...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbY271qrw0

I believe it's being published by Bethesda, and, if the article I read earlier was correct, developed by a studio called Battlecry as well.

Besides, I'd much rather have another Obsidian Fallout than a Bethesda one. :tongue: They should let Obsidian develop an Elder Scrolls game...

Edited by K00L