The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I built my first truly successful combat ship in Space Engineers today. I'm genuinely proud of it: this is only a first-draft prototype and I could easily make something better looking and more functional, but you have to start somewhere, and this is my best design yet.

I learn volumes about the game building this: how to "package" the ship's rooms in order to maximise space will minimising exterior size. How to achieve maximum armour protection from minimum weight. How to position the guns for optimal firing arcs. My next ship will be about 175% the size of this, as I can't expand the core functionality any further without adding a hangar bay, and I don't have the interior space to add one to this hull.

EDIT: unfortunately I haven't yet worked out how to link the image. Unfortunately it's saved the image at my screen resolution, which means it's way too big to post here. I'll try again when I build the one with a hangar.

Edited by Vindekarr

My arms...are crispy...too...much....sun.
Not really crispy, but seriously I was outside way too much today. My arms are horribly sunburnt and sore, and I have an awful headache. I love warm weather, but I need to remember to not spend six hours directly in the sunlight. :laugh:

Make sure you use aloe vera if your sunburn becomes really painful or itchy. As for the headache, you probably got dehydrated.

This actually just reminded me about this ad I saw on TV...

Of course, we never do. I would if I could remember to, but when the waves of the beach call out, sunburn seems like a minor thing.

Anyway, this is a conversation I had with my sister just before.

"Hey Billy, what are you doing?"

"Checking mods."

"I don't really care."

:blink: