The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Of course, we never do. I would if I could remember to, but when the waves of the beach call out, sunburn seems like a minor thing.

I wish I my sunburn was from being at a beach, but it's from working (Being in Missouri the bodies of water near me are pretty gross anyway). :sad:

YAAFFSSSSMMMFFFLLEE!! Just had a power nap do to allergies, didn't work according to plan.

Judging by Star Citizens combat module, they are using common maps, not real time stuff you see in Elite Dangerous,. the seamless loading is what makes the procedural generated star system and combat zones. they are taking shortcuts in my opinion. Simple pvp.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2014/06/04/star-citizen-dogfighting-module-launch-trailer

Star Citizen seems to be getting all the hype, hype isn't always a good thing.

Elite is releasing soon, so the ties will turn on star citizens fan base soon, realizing which is the better game in the long run, graphics don't always make a game. Looks to be in line with Eve then anything else.

I have a feeling online will be pay to win combat or micro transactions galore. The funny thing is the fans are still calling amazing game play when there hasn't been any actual game play to show, makes you wonder. :blink:

Found some, but the footage isn't all that great.

Newtonian physics?? and damage modeling??, looks kind of arcade to me. I'm wary of this game for a reason. I don't believe it won't live up to the hype.

Edited by Thor.

Star Citizen looks pretty, but I have to agree. It's very hyped up and I'm not sure it's going to be as good as it's made out to be.

I love the way No Man's Sky looks as well, pretty colors (and it seems fun). Elite: Dangerous could be good too. I'm not too big on the whole VR stuff, but Flagship is another fun looking one.
Freespace 3 would be nice though.

Elite dangerous is a massive game with real time flight between solar systems, no loading screens to. They are even adding the ability to land on planets soon after they finalize the beta. Ground battles and so on.

That's what caught my attention, they are also touting free to play, and the dlc is all you have to pay for, something like guild wars.

I always like gamespots reviews, they seem the least none biased of them all.

Star Citizen My suspicions of ridiculously overpriced dlc is confirmed in this review,

I am betting these prices ill be the normal when the game is released.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge

Everything in my mind leads to pay to win.

Edited by Thor.

Try Space Engineers while you're waiting. It's a Minecraft/Garry's Mod hybrid in space(spaaaaace!) with one of the best damage and physics engines I've ever seen.

It's also the only game that's ever provoked me to say "F*** YEAH! STRONTIUM CLATHRATE!"

Phew, my brain is wracked at the moment. Remaking meshes, over and over - no variation. Tedious, samey work which just drills into your brain...

But, I shall do it anyway! Why, you ask? Because it's for Skywind, and anything I can do to help will make it come out faster! :P

Edited by billyro

It's raining. A lot. And it's cloudy and grey. Which makes me sleepy.

I love rain.

As do I. I think you'd like it here in Victoria, it rains nearly every night in winter and the ground is covered with frost and fog in the morning. Just don't go out of town at night, there are Silent Hill levels of fog that roll in around 12:30 and stay until dawn. They'll soak you faster than rain, and they're so cold they sear your throat.

As for me, I went on an adventure today. My partner was sick last night, and the upshot was I was awake and dressed at 3 AM. Anyway, there are two ways I can get to work, either I take the highway like a soulless robot or there's a scenic route. The highway takes about an hour, and so I've only ever gone that way.

Today I decided to do things differently. Either it was the sleep deprivation, or an emerging desire to stop acting like a bad Asperger's stereotype(the main trait of AS syndrome is repetitive behaviour) and actually live my goddamn life, I will never know. Anyway I parked my politically correct but rather soulless Land Rover and wheeled out my GT-R intending to hit that hapless fork in the road like a boot to a bank manager's crotch.

Except that hapless fork-in-the-road actually turned into a 2 1/2 hour adventure on what could only be God's own race track, and a series of shenanigans that including being pulled over by the police(Sadly, it was only an random breath test) and overtaken by a Ferrari worth around a million US dollars, that was so new it's licence plates were still in plastic wrap. So yeah, I had an adventure. I think next time I feel curious about something, I'm going to just do it.

I'm getting oddly tired of being a politically correct taxation statistic: maybe I'm developmentally impaired and this is a rebellious teen phase arriving in the early 20s?