The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Browsing youtube and stumbled upon this point of few of climate change. Its amazing what you find on the tubes. There is 3 conflicting scientific claims.

man made global warming

climate change

and this below.

And only one can or is correct ?? :blink: this can be a part of the second scientific claim, climate change. The variable sun has been observed in space already, do to the magnetic shift that should be occurring soon.

that was mentioned on several mainstream news articles recently, so its a well known phenomenon. I like to keep up to date with that sort of thing, one of the more interesting topics. :yes:

I like a good argument. :geek:

Edited by Thor.

I opened my modem to its page and turned off the Wi-Fi. :geek:

I did so once on my router by accident. My PC was connected to the router through wifi so I couldn't turn it on again. :facepalm:

I did so once on my router by accident. My PC was connected to the router through wifi so I couldn't turn it on again. :facepalm:

LOL

I can see myself doing that xD

I did the Heaven benchmark on my laptop and the results are like I expected them to be. Not too great, but I went for a lower price rather than getting a beast so that's fine I guess. (900$/5000kn, for that price I'm happy with it.)

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System Platform:
Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel® Core i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (2394MHz) x2
GPU model:
Intel® HD Graphics Family 10.18.10.3308/NVIDIA GeForce 840M 9.18.13.3788 (2112MB) x1
Settings Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1366x768 fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
High
Tessellation:
Normal
Powered by UNIGINE Engine
Unigine Corp. © 2005-2013

At least it will keep me from gaming too much, I want to focus on actually doing something at Uni, not gaming my Uni time away.

At least it will keep me from gaming too much, I want to focus on actually doing something at Uni, not gaming my Uni time away.

If you ever need any help, just ask. I know things that are so boring they're physically cringe-worthy, and I can happily bombard you with them via Steam if you really need help going cold-turkey. Kind of like a Cigarette that sings Miley Cirus as you smoke it, that kind of cold-turkey.

LOL

I can see myself doing that xD

Don't. Trust me, it's not as fun as it sounds. :no:

I did the Heaven benchmark on my laptop and the results are like I expected them to be. Not too great, but I went for a lower price rather than getting a beast so that's fine I guess. (900$/5000kn, for that price I'm happy with it.)

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System Platform:
Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel® Core i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (2394MHz) x2
GPU model:
Intel® HD Graphics Family 10.18.10.3308/NVIDIA GeForce 840M 9.18.13.3788 (2112MB) x1
Settings Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1366x768 fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
High
Tessellation:
Normal
Powered by UNIGINE Engine
Unigine Corp. © 2005-2013

Well that's an underwhelming result for something that costs 5000HRK. Then again, it's a laptop, so I guess it's acceptable.

And my 3600HRK desktop gets this:

Heaven.png

The card is on stock clocks, overclocking gets it close to 60FPS and a score of nearly 1500. I get over 30FPS even at 1680x1050 with these settings, would likely have to upscale the resolution over 1920x1200 to get the framerate numbers of that 840M. Up to nearly 2K with overclocking.

Also, AMD has a bad tesselation implementation, meaning Radeons have a bigger performance hit compared to GeForce when there's tesselated stuff in there.

And I hate laptops. Not because they can't play games, it's because I can't overclock them. No overclocking = one big nope. :down:

If you ever need any help, just ask. I know things that are so boring they're physically cringe-worthy, and I can happily bombard you with them via Steam if you really need help going cold-turkey. Kind of like a Cigarette that sings Miley Cirus as you smoke it, that kind of cold-turkey.

Well that's an underwhelming result for something that costs 5000HRK. Then again, it's a laptop, so I guess it's acceptable.

And my 3600HRK desktop gets this:

Heaven.png

The card is on stock clocks, overclocking gets it close to 60FPS and a score of nearly 1500. I get over 30FPS even at 1680x1050 with these settings, would likely have to upscale the resolution over 1920x1200 to get the framerate numbers of that 840M. Up to nearly 2K with overclocking.

Also, AMD has a bad tesselation implementation, meaning Radeons have a bigger performance hit compared to GeForce when there's tesselated stuff in there.

And I hate laptops. Not because they can't play games, it's because I can't overclock them. No overclocking = one big nope. :down:

Very underwhelming yes, but still, I can't bring my desktop with me (and besides I want to leave it for my dad). Good gaming laptops are about 10k HRK, and while I can afford that, I decided that I'm not really that crazy to spend 10,000 HRK of mine and my parent's money for my high end gaming pleasures.

I can run everything with this one, and 30 FPS is all I need. Maybe next gen games will be a bit of a bother (if all of them are like Watch_Dogs), but I can run FC3, Crysis 2 and stuff like that on high at 30 FPS or more without it dipping too much. After I get some more money of my own, I'll upgrade to something better. That will probably be in 2 or more years though, and I'd rather spend the time until then sharpening my skills to get a better job rather than gaming.

And hey, building websites, apps and programming is a fun game too :D and I can do that at 60 FPS :tongue:

Um

Why does my university need my sexual orientation in their student record? "Bisexual, gay man, gay woman, heterosexual, other, information refused", not sure if I should just select gay man or if I should refuse the information.

On the University's website it says that this data won't be disclosed, even though it says nothing about sexual orientation.

Edited by Iv000