The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Billyro you can't judge numbers, they can lie to you. Next time you are on steam try downloading a real big file to see how long it'll take, that's the real speed you are getting,.

Edited by Thor.

(except for the pain it causes my arm hair :sad: )

Don't worry, the pain wears off eventually after most of your arm hairs on that place have been plucked out :tongue:

My grandma wanted to burn my hair off. She jumped up and got a match and so I scooted my chair away saying, "Nope..."

"Wait, just watch! It doesn't hurt"

So she burns the hair off her arm. :laugh:

Hah. I've burned the hair off my arm by accident once: it's arguably the worst smell in the world. TBH I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. I love cooking and I'm constantly surrounded by really hot things(welders, oxyacetylene torches, a woodburning stove) and yet I've only ever burned myself twice in my life. Maybe I'm actually the Pyro?

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/thumb/c/c8/Pyro.png/250px-Pyro.png?t=20111210120232

Afterall all, he/she/they/it/them likes to cook, is surrounded by hot things and never seems to get burned...

Everyone else is doing these internet speed tests, so I thought I'd upload mine.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3613125994.png

Apparently I can download at 5Mb/s... but then how come I never go above 1Mb/s?! And that's not just the Nexus servers, either: it's pretty much everything I download. Weird...

Also, I feel sorry for you Ub3rman123 - that's really slow. :confused:

The disparity in actual download speed vs test speeds is that the test is measuring in Mb/s (Megabits per second), and the actual files are downloaded in MB/s (Megabytes per second). One megabyte is eight megabits.

I'm putting that CS degree to work, yo.

Ooo! I'm awake and back in the stable mind mode. I just ate a slice of apple, a couple of raw almonds, and a few raisen's. My oh, my! Fast burning Internet Speed, wristwatches, and burning hair. Ooo!

I visited a couple of museum's yesterday. One in Helena, MT...Holter Museum of Art. The other is in Harlowton, Montana...Upper Musselshell Museum with an assortment of stuff including a full scale assembled dinosaur. It's inside so it's smaller than the one outside the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, Mt.

A full scale model of a T-Rex that was found in Montana is outside the front of the museum. The people call him "Big Mike". They have a full show of Gecko's inside for the moment at MoR.

Plus a lot display area with the working rooms of a laboratory for the research of Paleontologists and a huge area with a bunches of dinosaur and their large bones of other dinosaur.

They have a planetarium too. Bozeman, MT is where all that is. In the MOR.

The Museum of the Rockies has a section for a tribe from the 1st People of U. S. of A.. They have a few of the homestead houses and vehicles from the days of the pioneers crossing the U.S..

They have a working farm outside. The people dress up in clothes connected with the time and work the farm just like one of the first farmers families did that started a homestead.

While you are there you can get a booklet that gives you a list to other museums called, "The Trails of the Dinosaur". Neat little book you can even put your picture on the Passport page. I followed it to the smaller dinosaurs place in Harlowton, MT on the list yesterday.

If you like trains Harlowton, MT has a museum for the enthusiast there too. From early railroad days.

Since I had car trouble when I got there I only got to see the small dinosaur before the emergency service guy arrived. There was so much other stuff to see... I'm eager to go back.

Well I'm leaving tomorrow for Ireland so I won't be on here for a while. :tongue:

Well I'm leaving tomorrow for Ireland so I won't be on here for a while. :tongue:

Don't get too drunk. Those crazy Irish folk have a beverage made from potatoes that's half again stronger than Moonshine. It's like rocket fuel, only it doesn't taste quite as nice.