The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Just don't do what I did and try to outrace a train at a level crossing during the exam.

Okay, in my defense, it wasn't a train. It was a pickup truck with train wheels, and I hadn't seen one before, so I treated it like a regular car.

Meanwhile: Is there a way to rename Steam games? Right now, the Saint's Row series in my library is listed, in order, as:

Saints Row 2

Saints Row IV

Saints Row: The Third

And it's really, really bugging me. Steam seems to categorize things with colons at the end of alphabetization, so Half Life: Opposing Force has the same problem.

Driving exam tomorrow. Wish me luck and pray for a miracle.

Good luck. And don't do what I did, either. I spilled a coffee all over my instructor while getting into the car.

Good luck. And don't crash the car too hard. :tongue:

Military was awesome in terms of a driving exam. They give you a Pinzgauer and bring you to the driving range which is basically a road on which all the grenades fired by the artillery squads ended up either exploding or just sticking there, then you need to drive through it.

If you get to the other side without falling out of the truck (you jump up to 1m in the air in there due to all the holes in the ground) or setting off the unexploded ordinance sticking out of the ground, you pass and get all categories except the D in your driver's license. Failing that, you pass as long as the truck is in a drivable condition and your extremities are still attached to you and functional. :smile:

Edited by Werne

Good luck. And don't crash the car too hard. :tongue:

Military was awesome in terms of a driving exam.

My racing licence was almost as "fun" :laugh: The car I was tested in was a Lotus Elise. The Elise is a cute little thing; a feisty British sports car with a great reputation. The problem is, it's absolutely tiny. And I'm six-foot something. For somebody my size, the Elise is a clown car. Learning how to get in the bloody thing was the hardest part I swear.

Good Luck!

I hope you don't get a driving test agent who reminds you of the Muppet Chemist Dr. Bunsen Honeydew,

"Beaker will now show us how to drive a car." :ermm:

Put on this crash test helmet Beaker!

http://www.tvsinopse.kinghost.net/m/muppet3_arquivos/14-bunsen-and-beaker.jpg

I had the privilege to have a school with a driving school attached to it. As i hit age 16 i decided to take advantage of the track and school, it was part of the curriculum to so it was added to the marks :dance:

Edited by Thor.

I failed.

It was actually very easy, but I f***ed up when I was exiting the parking lot and I didn't stop the car fully.

Meh, such a stupid mistake. I'll try better next time I guess

At least you know what went wrong, and have learned from it. Most people need a few tries to pass, driving is a skill that takes time to build up.