The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Argh, the upper ear? Why would you want to pierce there?

Well firstly it's discrete, and I can hide it with my hair, and if it leaves a mark it wouldn't be too obvious. I also like the look of helix piercings. Earlobe piercings just look bad, especially on guys. It fits girls obviously since I'm used to that look, but on guys it just looks...flamboyant I guess.

And no nose, because I dont want to look like a bull. No lip because I want to be able to eat normally and I'd prefer not heaving a piece of metal on my mouth. The eyebrow ones are cute on some guys but eh, not my style and it's a bit too punk.

So yeah, helix it is then.

And where else should I pierce? My penis? :P I'd prefer that being in one piece, without pieces of metal sticking out of it.

I'm not the biggest fan of piercings either really, I like the thought of me heaving two rings on the top of my ear though. #instinct

Does this look like a decently reliable SSD? I'm aiming more for longevity and price over performance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148820

Samsung ssd's are the best ssd's on the market.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA29P1EC5554&cm_re=samsung_evo-_-20-147-249-_-Product

Edited by Thor.

Dang, that one's just a bit out of my price range of $120. Is it proportionally better than the Crucial to reflect the higher price? (I'm still in the 'begging parents for money' stage of things)

Mildly curious: How do they test for mean time between failures? It's listed as 1.5 million hours. I assume they haven't had these running for 171 years.

In other news, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is hard. Just go where I point you, you stupid trailer!

Edit: The Samsung does have higher read/write times and more operations per second. I suppose that would make it better. And there's a lot of testing with formulas and extrapolation to get that figure of 171 years.

To compensate for budget issues, I could instead get a 120GB Samsung SSD. WinDirStat tells me that outside of my games folder, I'm using about 80GB of my HDD (Games are another 196GB). Would that end up being too small in the long run? I'll be keeping everything except game data on the SSD.

A comfortable preview of winning.

Two elderly people in rocking chairs separated by a veranda circle top table,

A pitcher of Lemonade with Ginger added,

The old dog sitting next to the man whose up above the hound in the rocking chair.

The wife tipping her cool glass up to drink as she rocks forward. The ice rattles in her glass.

She rocks the chair back. The ice in her glass rattles to the bottom of it.

She smacks her lips. She looks at the pitcher on the veranda table between them.

The old man sees that the pitcher has only one glass full left and smiles at her knowingly. She picks it up and pours the rest into her glass.

The old man pets his dogs head as he rocks forward. He tips his glass up and sips a little of the ginger laced lemonade. As he rocks back he pulls the glass down and can see the glass is half empty through the chilled frosted outside of his glass. He smiles to himself and lets his rocking chair settle back to a stop.

He looks up at the giant thermometer hanging just inside the veranda's shade. The temperature is a 90 degree Fahrenheit.

He looks to his left toward his wife. He smiles knowingly as she continues to rock forward and take little sips of the fluid each time shes leaning forward.

Dang, that one's just a bit out of my price range of $120. Is it proportionally better than the Crucial to reflect the higher price? (I'm still in the 'begging parents for money' stage of things)

Mildly curious: How do they test for mean time between failures? It's listed as 1.5 million hours. I assume they haven't had these running for 171 years.

In other news, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is hard. Just go where I point you, you stupid trailer!

Edit: The Samsung does have higher read/write times and more operations per second. I suppose that would make it better. And there's a lot of testing with formulas and extrapolation to get that figure of 171 years.

To compensate for budget issues, I could instead get a 120GB Samsung SSD. WinDirStat tells me that outside of my games folder, I'm using about 80GB of my HDD (Games are another 196GB). Would that end up being too small in the long run? I'll be keeping everything except game data on the SSD.

That crucial is second best, you can get that one for sake of price and affordability.

Edited by Thor.

If you care about longevity, then forget about the EVO series. Get yourself a PRO series instead. Like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147192&cm_re=SAmsung_840_Pro-_-20-147-192-_-Product (which happens to be only 5 bucks above your budget)

The EVO series are less reliable (higher bit error rate, etc.) and won't last as long as the PRO series will.

Been using dual 840 PRO's (dual 256 Gigs versions) just over a year myself too. Remarkable performance.

a year and a half with my evo 500gb, with extreme steam use and data transfer.

check my specs fro more details, in sig. Its always a good idea to put steam on a secondary drive, it'll keep your main ssd from suffering.

Edited by Thor.

The PRO seems to be a lot more expensive per gigabyte compared to the EVO. What makes it different?

I think I'll settle on the Crucial as a good balance between the needs.