The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I heard steam sometimes interferes with Skyrim for some reason, causes severe lag when steam is connecting to the internet. Its no myth.

GASSSPPP!!!

Edited by Thor.

Here's some things you can do if your computer seems a bit like its too slow.

Open Start, type CMD, Right Click on CMD and use, "Run with Administrators Rights".

Just so you can see if this benefits you type after all is said and done. First type next to C:\

C:\netstat -b.

Now just Watch until netstat -b is finished.

After you finish and restart your computer type it in again to see if it got rid of a lot of useless dns, ip, and Int connections you had sitting around warming their tootsies free at the cracker barrel in your computer's inner sanctum.

Now on with the show.
On the command line type the stuff after the number just like you see it.
Like this C:\ipconfig /flushdns
As soon as 1. is completed type in number 2's letters.
1. ipconfig /flushdns
2. nbtstat -r
3. nbstat -rr
4. netsh int reset all
The following command was not found: int reset all
With the OS Windows 7 command doesn't recognize this number 4..
5. netsh int ip resest
After you type 5 it will tell you must restart your computer to complete this.
Reboot computer after step 5.
You must restart your computer after step 5!

Welcome back Silent Hill, a horror game no other horror game can beat, even comes with the original music and stuff to.

The original was the first of its kind, before Resident evil. You can say its the father of horror games.

Edited by Thor.

Oblivion is broken, New Vegas is boring and Skyrim's frame-rate is ugly.

:armscrossed:

Turn off your modem after you playing Skyrim. Skyrim worked as long as I did that while I was connected the Internet and Steam.

Steam thought it was poor connection and a message popped up asking if I wanted to continue playing unconnected, "Play in the Offline Mode".

The trick is to turn off your modem/router after you started playing the game. Or you can try the, switch in the one of the menus in STEAM I forget which tab it's listed in at the moment. You can tell it to let you, "Play in the offline mode".

Your computer will love you for it. You may still have some lag or crashes but not nearly as much or as many as before.

But I like using the internet while I play... :(

Anyway I found out what the problem was: there was a bad value in the enblocal.ini which was affecting my performance. Or so I assume. I really just replaced my entire ENB with another one and then discovered a higher framerate + better visuals. :P

Me happy now.

I always like archeology, remember that Bosnian pyramid was called a hoax. but now they are doing a excavation of the site.

It may be the biggest pyramids ever found in the world

inside dig last year

Edited by Thor.

Oblivion is broken, New Vegas is boring and Skyrim's frame-rate is ugly.

:armscrossed:

Turn off your modem after you playing Skyrim. Skyrim worked as long as I did that while I was connected the Internet and Steam.

Steam thought it was poor connection and a message popped up asking if I wanted to continue playing unconnected, "Play in the Offline Mode".

The trick is to turn off your modem/router after you started playing the game. Or you can try the, switch in the one of the menus in STEAM I forget which tab it's listed in at the moment. You can tell it to let you, "Play in the offline mode".

Your computer will love you for it. You may still have some lag or crashes but not nearly as much or as many as before.

But I like using the internet while I play... :sad:

Anyway I found out what the problem was: there was a bad value in the enblocal.ini which was affecting my performance. Or so I assume. I really just replaced my entire ENB with another one and then discovered a higher framerate + better visuals. :tongue:

Me happy now.

Glad to read you've found some clearance that makes you feel comfortable playing on the Internet. It's not the Internet that is causing the problem. It is likely many things that cause our computers to become slowed.

The key is; if you find your game lagging while connected to the STEAM, or any other server while you play, it could be the little side things I mentioned.

There is a bunch of DNS, IP, Global stuff on our computers which are no longer useful.. They just sit around crowding the download stream and upload stream to our computer.

Lots more people playing at the same time on the STEAM server can slow down the servers response speed.

The simple fact you've added mods to your game without tweaking for your computers video cards settings yet. You assume you did fix that.

Great!

Just like you did with the ENB. You found a prob. I hope you can play for a good while before anymore little problems upset you.

Have Fun!