The last poster wins

TheCalliton

So, I was woken up at 5:30 am this morning by a phone-call, which resulted in me going to pick up Dad, who was in a drunken stupor, from my uncle's house. He neglected to mention that he had a female friend with him, and needless to say, I am quite glad to be home so I can (attempt to) sleep again.

It's funny though because they're so damn drunk. :P

Why do people like to search for stuff to be offended by?

I'm dyslexic, not evil. I know that I sometimes mix words up, but dammit don't get offended when I structure a sentence badly and it ends up strange. I apologize and rephrase it but nope, my words were offensive and that can't be forgiven. That's like being offended because a cripple gets to sit in a chair and you don't.

Most of the time when stuff like this happens I'm just confused for a while, then I start to beat myself up for 24 hours and after I learn my "lesson" I just get over it and try to not do it again, and then I fail miserably because the more I try to think about forming better sentences the more I actually make it worse. Then I end up with masterpieces like "I don't sometimes rarely th-th-th-ink about that" (That was stuttering, which mostly happens when I'm focusing really hard).

I should get a free parking spot for handicapped people, and wear a "Warning, mentally disordered!" T-Shirt.

Sorry for the rant, I know it's annoying. I just feel like jumping off a bridge right now.

I am dyslexic when when i type sometimes, point is the double words, and reading is effected. I have to use a bookmark to keep track or i will read the same bloody sentence twice, sometimes lol. Could be a side effect of my photographic memory.

Edited by Thor.

I've got a hard time reading books in general. I see large amounts of text somewhat like this

http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/bdadyslexia/images/visual%20stress.jpg

And I mostly forget what's going on after I read one page of a book. I'm not really proud of the fact that I was only able to read one whole book in my entire life. Science books aren't that bad because they don't have a "plot" to follow, or dialog or something. But fantasy books, novels, everything with a story, I read a page or two, and then I forget what I read. Sometimes that happens with a paragraph or a sentence, and no matter how many times I re-read it, I forget it again.

And even though I have a formal diagnosis I still sometimes think that I'm just overreacting or making it all up and that I'm just a wimp.

I've got a hard time reading books in general. I see large amounts of text somewhat like this

http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/bdadyslexia/images/visual%20stress.jpg

And I mostly forget what's going on after I read one page of a book. I'm not really proud of the fact that I was only able to read one whole book in my entire life. Science books aren't that bad because they don't have a "plot" to follow, or dialog or something. But fantasy books, novels, everything with a story, I read a page or two, and then I forget what I read. Sometimes that happens with a paragraph or a sentence, and no matter how many times I re-read it, I forget it again.

And even though I have a formal diagnosis I still sometimes think that I'm just overreacting or making it all up and that I'm just a wimp.

I am not that bad, i can follow a book pretty good, but hate hard cover text crammed into a small cover form because words cut off sometimes, that also bothers me to no end,

Edited by Thor.

My brother broke another controller and tried to explain to me that it's because Dark Souls is poorly made.

I'm dyslexic, not evil.

I'm evil, not dyslectic :devil: <- note the proper spelling of the word dyslectic :teehee:

Ironically I was actually mis-diagnosed with Hyperlexia (which is sometimes considered as the exact opposite of dyslexia) in my very early childhood. I'm great with just about everything involving words, but I'm horribly slow with anything involving mathematics.

Most of the time when stuff like this happens I'm just confused for a while, then I start to beat myself up for 24 hours and after I learn my "lesson" I just get over it and try to not do it again, and then I fail miserably because the more I try to think about forming better sentences the more I actually make it worse.

Then don't. Beating yourself up over something you can't really help seems idiotic and borderline masochistic.

If it helps: I never would have noticed that you were dyslectic if you wouldn't have mentioned it.

Anyway, enough soul-searching for today: I win!

Actually 'dyslexic' is correct too :P 'dyslectic' is just another variant of how you can spell it.

And the beating myself up thing is kinda complicated. Because I dont do it at all when I make a mistake or something and it affects only me, but when it happens with say, my boyfriend, I feel bad because he gets hurt and I obviously dont want that. He doesn't really support my disability much, neither does he acknowledge it, so when I make a mistake it's supposedly something that I could have prevented.

But yes anyway, I feel better today.

I want to play something and/or do some work.

Actually 'dyslexic' is correct too :tongue: 'dyslectic' is just another variant of how you can spell it.

Correct. Bit of a dyslexia practical joke, sorry.

He doesn't really support my disability much, neither does he acknowledge it

Hmmm sounds like a difficult situation. My girl has dyslexia (opposites really do attract), but I wouldn't even dream of not acknowledging it. Especially in light of the overwhelming evidence.

Have you ever had one of those dyslexia tests? My girlfriend did. Kinda hard to deny it if you'd show the results.