The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Good monitors? Bah, do what I do! Picked up one of mine for $7. It's terrible, but I now have four monitors.

Heh, it must be pretty epic. :tongue:

Today, I was looking through my Nvidia Control Panel and I found some options regarding colour optimisation in there, so I enabled them just so see what would happen... and whoa! Such an improvement! I must have had that enabled on my laptop and that's why the games looked so much better on it. Perhaps this monitor wasn't as bad as I thought...

I'm still considering getting a new one, however. The blacks are terrible, and no amount of optimisation will fix that. Also, this monitor seems to have an in-built black-level feature (though I'm not sure why when the blacks are crap anyway) and while normally I would approve of that, it messes up my Skyrim ENB.

I can't win. :yes:

EDIT: I am finally starting to appreciate my new PC now that I've fixed the screen. :D

Edited by billyro

Okay, I think I have finally got a good gameplay setup for Skyrim. I'm using ERSO for the overhaul-y stuff, SPERG for the perks, the Better Levelling SPERG config for the Uncapper mod, Duel Combat Realism v7 for the enemy AI and features, and Combat Damage Multipliers on Apprentice Difficulty (double damage given and received).

Just letting you guys know if you ever want to try a Skyrim playthrough where everything is fair but still challenging.

Oh hey, we're approaching post #55,000.

I figured out the main reason I don't really play Skyrim outside of playtesting. It still has horrendous amounts of mouse acceleration and the sensitivity is too low, even when at the maximum.

I've been a vegen for 11 days now. Ooo! I can almost taste a Supreme Pizza with extra garlic. Or Roast Beef in Gravy with mashed potato. Or Roast Pork Au Jus sauce with Garlic Toast and steamed thick sliced potato chips, and with a bowl of apple sauce.

I am having difficulty focusing on any game at the moment. (drool) Is there a game that puts together a full, personally genetically designed, meal; and sends it to you through a 3D Printer, yet? :mellow:

Yay!

:happy:

ROARING Applause!

Encore! Encore!

:laugh: Curtain stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

Well, I went out and bought a $300 monitor today, only to discover that the f***wit didn't include the power supply! You know, the THING THAT MAKES IT WORK?! Seriously, the bloody POWER CORD of all things...

This thread is so slooooooooow.

EDIT: I watched all the Skyrim Gamer Poops again today. Previously, I had only seen up to about #7, but there are now 13 of them! :D

Edited by billyro

I just bought a book this afternoon, a hard cover, it's an old fashion book about life, and how to deal with its shortcomings.

I am going to go get it and read it, the old fashioned way, Reading and turning the pages 1 by 1.

Yay!

:happy:

ROARING Applause!

Encore! Encore!

:laugh: Curtain stage right I WIN! curtain stage left :sad:

I tried to copy over Assassin's Creed Unity from my laptop to my desktop, but Uplay is a poopna and it won't detect the existing files. I had a look online to see if there was some special way to do it, and I tried some tutorials, but it just didn't work.

So yeah, I'm downloading a 50GB game from scratch. :dry: