The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Installed a new version of Skyrim Flora Overhaul and then discovered that the new trees are far too oversaturated. Well, here comes lots of manual editing! Should have kept the previous version... :dry:

EDIT: Actually, no. Reverting back to Tamriel Reloaded's trees.

EDIT 2: Well, it looks like I've screwed up Skyrim again. Game looks like a f***ing oil painting and the trees look like play-dough. I really don't know why I bother... :wallbash:

EDIT 3: I bother because when I do get scenes that look nice, I can't help but start tweaking! I have given up on the stupid bloody forests for now, and instead focused on the tundra, which is actually GOOD.

Skyrim... well, Skyrim looks like crap when it's vanilla. There is no denying that. I guess that's why it's so fun to make it look nicer - it's more of an accomplishment?

I've tweaked this ENB for yonks and it's a pain in the arse because it'll look good to me one day, and then the next I decide that something else needs to be tweaked. For example:

http://puu.sh/hImIt/df9c4f373a.jpg

This is a screenshot I took just before: very vibrant and warm. Tomorrow, I'll probably be like, "what is this s***? That looks so frigging fake and over-saturated!" And then I'll tweak all the settings to be less saturated... only to revert them the next day! IT'S FIENDISH! :verymad:

Edited by billyro

Heheheh yeah! I was actually thinking that if I ever uploaded this, I'd call it Painting ENB or something. But that Oblivion quest, yes... I think Truepaint (the name of that paintbrush) would be better! :smile: Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by billyro

I got bored so I made an AMD FX heatspreader in Blender.

AMDRender.jpg

No normal or specular yet since I'm not even done with the diffuse, still needs scratches. There's discoloration and copper showing through the nickel plating cause I intend to put it on a necklace for Fallout, it needs to show some wear and tear. I'll also make an Intel IHS, likely 5960X cause I like octa-cores. :smile:

And since you probably didn't notice, there's a rather poorly made penis in the 100-bit CPU identification code (the 20x20 dot code in the left). It barely looks like one but don't judge it too harshly, it's not easy to draw the thing on a tiny 20x20 pixel layer, size matters. :tongue:

Heh, a CPU necklace eh? Nice idea. Looks good.

Yeah, I like CPU necklaces, got one I made out of an Athlon FX heatspreader. Wife tolerates me wearing it solely cause the CPU I pulled that thing off of cost more than all her necklaces combined.

That's what she said...

I expected this. And yes, yes she did.

Speaking of penises...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEsZkTTgydc

I love this guy. :laugh:

Don't you just hate it when your butt is hot and itchy?

Nah, that's still good, what I hate is when my butt gets so sweaty it sticks to my underwear.

EDIT: Made a hole for the string on the FX heatspreader...

AMDRender2.jpg

I usually suck at that making texture holes on 3D models but this one looks damn good. :smile:

Edited by Werne

Don't you just hate it when your butt is hot and itchy?

yup :D Though I thankfully will never have this problem. I work in an air conditioned office :dance: