The last poster wins

TheCalliton

My main Skyrim character just got corrupted. I'd played over 100 hours with him and completed the main story, Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Companions and many side-quests. I've been trying to revive the save for about an hour now, but no luck so far. :sad:

EDIT: Thank the Nine Divines for 3 autosaves! My main save file + two of the autosaves were corrupted, but the other autosave was fine! I managed to save my character with that one! :D I think it's because that particular autosave was in an interior, whereas the others were all outside, so that must somehow be contributing towards the corruption.

Edited by billyro

My main Skyrim character just got corrupted. I'd played over 100 hours with him and completed the main story, Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Companions and many side-quests. I've been trying to revive the save for about an hour now, but no luck so far. :sad:

EDIT: Thank the Nine Divines for 3 autosaves! My main save file + two of the autosaves were corrupted, but the other autosave was fine! I managed to save my character with that one! :D I think it's because that particular autosave was in an interior, whereas the others were all outside, so that must somehow be contributing towards the corruption.

And the point of all you troubles is, "Autosave" because it overwrites itself and takes the last autosave you had and erases it. Save when you are about to exit a room a few times and you will understand why you should learn to use Save while in the game.

Autosave is helpful, because it records the title of the space it saves. Choosing to overwrite the Autosave gives you the title it last remembers leaves you a good marker for later reference.

Remember Children; to Save games, save caps, and see Uncle Roe at Cantebury Commons about increasing the traders abilities to stock more supplies. Buy Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout: Tactics, Fallout 3, and Fallout 4.

Buy bonds! (no not James Bonds)

See you in the Capital Wastelands!

I WIN!

billyro my mind researches the problem from the point of its end, where the problem becomes a parent, in reverse so I can take steps backwards to find the problem. Unlike program coders I find the problems because I strip one piece off, test, take another off and test again until I get the functions building up to the nest that fail. I fix the failed code and start building it back up to see if any other code sequences are flawed. Testing each step, test, and test, and test.

I played Skyrim for more the 600 hours without problems. What's causing yours?

I WIN!

First rule I learned when I had a side job in IT support: People want their problem fixed, period. They don't give a rats ass about the how and why.

Anyway;

Just...stab, stab, stab, stab, stab! And then...stab, stab, stab, stab, stab!

First person to correctly guess who's quote that is gets..... a tie. An... inflatable one. Handy for when eh... you need to... inflate something.

I'm sure "Bob" is no match for the might of every modder that frequents these parts.

On an unrelated note, I just got an excellent audition for Ri'sune, and I also overcame my case of writer's block!

Edited by mlee3141

I'm sure "Bob" is no match for the might of every modder that frequents these parts.

On an unrelated note, I just got an excellent audition for Ri'sune, and I also overcame my case of writer's block!

Woo! Can't wait. :D