The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I thought about it (I think it's different to get to, but I know I just gotta open Defender and go to settings), but I assumed that the exemption list was only for when it's actually scanning, which I guessed it wasn't doing since the scan time didn't match the time when I crashed, though I suppose it could've lasted that long if the time it shows is the start time rather than completion.

I think Windows Defender is causing Fallout New Vegas to freeze up. Twice now I've frozen (yeah I know, not a large number, but I really only started playing it today) forcing me to close the game, and looking at task manager Windows Defender is working crazy hard when those freezes happen (the CPU % that was listed was at nearly 25% this last time). It looks like I can't ditch Defender either (wasn't it optional on Windows 7?). No way to uninstall and disabling it only does it temporarily (when I tried, it was literally off for about a second before turning back on).

Have you updated your New Vegas Fallout.ini settings to work best with your computers hard ware,"CPU, Video Card GPU, and such"?

Windows 10 is a demanding system. It checks for updates, and gives us Windows Updates so often I suspect Cortana :teehee: is a busy girl trying to correct all the errors she finds flaws, within Windows 10, all day every day.

I WIN!

Grrrr.... Is everything I try to play going to not work? Fallout's issue wasn't Defender, it's something to do with Primm. It freezes pretty consistently when I open VATS or the Pipboy there.
So then I thought I wanted to play through Dark Forces. I did, and then thought it would be fun to go onto the second game. The HUD causes the game to go black (setting screen size to max disables the HUD, but it still comes up for switching powers and stuff). Gave up on that after not being able to fix all that.
Now I felt like playing something nostalgic and Star Wars so KOTOR II seemed like a good choice since it's on Steam and even was updated this year... It crashes in fullscreen (at least 16:9 apparently).

Did your pet spider lay her egg sack inside the computer?

Eeeeeewwww!

But nah, it's just the games. For New Vegas I don't know what's going on, but the others are all issues other people have as well.

Edited by K00L

Outside, I tested it a bit to make sure. And it definitely worked outside in other areas, even just outside of Primm. It's not too much of an issue since I probably won't spend much time there anyway. It was just frustrating to have things go wrong with every game I started up. :tongue:

I just came inside twenty or so minutes ago after watching it. Very cool. Took a lot of pictures too. :tongue: