The last poster wins

TheCalliton

SNOW, SNOW and more snow.. :down: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You look angry.

No one loves my time of year. Autumn used to be so special.

Love for my kind has been skipped over for those who love Winter!

Hades used to romance Persephone for 3 months before her mother made Autumn none of my kind existed. Truth is; Persephone does love Hades.

Snow is early again. Why?!

ATOMIC FALLOUT! White Fluffy Flakes of ATOMIC MATTER!

Don't you want to go out and play in it; anymore?!

To each their own, I would say. I love, love the snow. It's my favorite.

Autumn comes as a close second to my favorite season. I'm sure a lot of others could agree that the tranquility, calmness, crispness, and the beautiful colors of the fall are quite relaxing and it's a joy to experience.

What I don't like, however, is RAIN. I HATE RAIN. And it's raining outside right now! Pouring! I'm pretty sure I hate the rain as much as a cat does.

Someone needs tires. :rolleyes:

I remembered another strange fact about the days of Old. I was looking for a new calendar. Thanks to the Internet; I discovered there was a bunch of really old calendars that didn't have a twelve months in a year.

In fact once upon a time there was no calendar month called October. That thought made me wonder.

All the stories I read about other countries, rich in myth and mysteries, and about the many different gods and goddesses. I thought it must have been a lot different for the Greeks with their calendars. Spring and Summer. No Winter. They may have only had two seasons without all the different months and without October. And Winter may have only begun after many years of Spring and Summer like weather until...

Until something changed and changed the weather too. The story about Hades abducting Persephone that enraged Persephone's Mother who caused the weather to change might have been a way they explained the sudden arrival of Winter over the years. And then, because I checked the spelling of Persephone I find out she's the goddess of vegetation and wife of Hades. Was the story I read a romanticized versions for us American children who parent's reads us stories that would work our little minds so hard we would fall asleep after only a few minutes of that LOAD?

What really gave me a headache though; was wondering what month I would have been born in if I had been born, before the 12 month calendar ever existed. Ugh!

The worm of madness has disturbed me AGAIN! Or is that genius?

I tire from the thinking. Who knows?

I WIN!

easy as pizza (pie) :teehee:

I'm too young to drive. What's it like?

Sliding on snow or ice doesn't happen that often with front wheel drive cars. If the rear of the car starts to slide, just add a little acceleration and it should pull you out.

The first time it happens in a rear wheel drive car, just think of the most scared you have been and the adrenaline kicks in and time slows down and you feel absolutely helpless.

Then you remember what to do when you start to slide. If you come out of the slide and continue straight, you have to pull over and stop, because you will come down from the adrenaline high and almost pass out. The second time isn't so bad and after that you get used to it.

I'm too young to drive. What's it like?

Sliding on snow or ice doesn't happen that often with front wheel drive cars. If the rear of the car starts to slide, just add a little acceleration and it should pull you out.

The first time it happens in a rear wheel drive car, just think of the most scared you have been and the adrenaline kicks in and time slows down and you feel absolutely helpless.

Then you remember what to do when you start to slide. If you come out of the slide and continue straight, you have to pull over and stop, because you will come down from the adrenaline high and almost pass out. The second time isn't so bad and after that you get used to it.

Jeez. Sounds kind of scary to learn. Especially during cold seasons like Winter.

Living in Canada doesn't help either.