The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Sleep well, i remember being on the net with my father showing me around the internet when i was a young one, With Windows 3.1 work group back in the 80's with my old 386 still in working condition. It was a big deal in the 80's.

but more recent memories is when Windows 95 came out i was happier then i could be finding the internet again :geek: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Thanks for the good sleep wish. I slept well and went on some extraordinary adventures while I dreamed before I awakened to find it had snowed outside. :woot: I bought a book by Harry Lorayne titled ;The complete guide to Memory Mastery". Time to give my brain a tune up. I read his earlier books and got so I quite annoyed people at the college I attended. The prof suggested I go to MIT just to get me out of his lair.

My ISP speed is so slow I can't get the page to load to display those Tandy Computers like my Dad had >> https://ancientelectronics.wordpress.com/tag/8088/

My first computer was a VIC 20.

I remember playing commander keen on that machine of mine, the 386 had 40mhz turbo, similar to your machine back then. Its just a nickname they gave the pc at the time. But it had full polygon graphics back then, plus it was a mean machine when it came to flight sims. It had the first risk processor of its kind.

It was not as buggy, fps was nicer to, lag none on my machine.

Edited by niphilim222

Sleep well, i remember being on the net with my father showing me around the internet when i was a young one, With Windows 3.1 work group back in the 80's with my old 386 still in working condition. It was a big deal in the 80's.

but more recent memories is when Windows 95 came out i was happier then i could be finding the internet again :geek: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Thanks for the good sleep wish. I slept well and went on some extraordinary adventures while I dreamed before I awakened to find it had snowed outside. :woot: I bought a book by Harry Lorayne titled ;The complete guide to Memory Mastery". Time to give my brain a tune up. I read his earlier books and got so I quite annoyed people at the college I attended. The prof suggested I go to MIT just to get me out of his lair.

My ISP speed is so slow I can't get the page to load to display those Tandy Computers like my Dad had >> https://ancientelectronics.wordpress.com/tag/8088/

Thanks for the 8088 link Pagafyr ... made for a nice trip down memory lane. I didn't stick with the Tandy laptop for long (went from it to a Toshiba laptop running an Intel 386 SX25 ... I was on the bleeding edge for all of about 2 weeks). The Tandy did give me one huge boost though, it showed me that I could learn how to use these infernal machines. The old journey of a thousand steps story.

Thanks for the 8088 link Pagafyr ... made for a nice trip down memory lane. I didn't stick with the Tandy laptop for long (went from it to a Toshiba laptop running an Intel 386 SX25 ... I was on the bleeding edge for all of about 2 weeks). The Tandy did give me one huge boost though, it showed me that I could learn how to use these infernal machines. The old journey of a thousand steps story.

You're welcome!

999 1000 Phew!

Sleep well, i remember being on the net with my father showing me around the internet when i was a young one, With Windows 3.1 work group back in the 80's with my old 386 still in working condition. It was a big deal in the 80's.Â

Â

but more recent memories is when Windows 95 came out i was happier then i could be finding the internet again :geek: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Â

Â

Thanks for the good sleep wish. I slept well and went on some extraordinary adventures while I dreamed before I awakened to find it had snowed outside. :woot: I bought a book by Harry Lorayne titled ;The complete guide to Memory Mastery". Time to give my brain a tune up. I read his earlier books and got so I quite annoyed people at the college I attended. The prof suggested I go to MIT just to get me out of his lair.

Â

My ISP speed is so slow I can't get the page to load to display those Tandy Computers like my Dad had >>Â https://ancientelectronics.wordpress.com/tag/8088/

Â

Â

You're welcome!

999 1000 Phew!

What was I going to do here after I walked all those 1000 steps? Him? A Z-something? Or was it 7000 steps to answer the call to find out why I could shout at dragons? Him? I think I'll look in the folder with those instructions I left myself if I found myself unsure about what do if I missed something when I was getting food. My health is first and foremost! Better make sure I got all the groceries.

Sleep well, i remember being on the net with my father showing me around the internet when i was a young one, With Windows 3.1 work group back in the 80's with my old 386 still in working condition. It was a big deal in the 80's.Â

Â

but more recent memories is when Windows 95 came out i was happier then i could be finding the internet again :geek: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Â

Â

Thanks for the good sleep wish. I slept well and went on some extraordinary adventures while I dreamed before I awakened to find it had snowed outside. :woot: I bought a book by Harry Lorayne titled ;The complete guide to Memory Mastery". Time to give my brain a tune up. I read his earlier books and got so I quite annoyed people at the college I attended. The prof suggested I go to MIT just to get me out of his lair.

Â

My ISP speed is so slow I can't get the page to load to display those Tandy Computers like my Dad had >>Â https://ancientelectronics.wordpress.com/tag/8088/

Â

Â

You're welcome!

999 1000 Phew!

What was I going to do here after I walked all those 1000 steps? Him? A Z-something? Or was it 7000 steps to answer the call to find out why I could shout at dragons? Him? I think I'll look in the folder with those instructions I left myself if I found myself unsure about what do if I missed something when I was getting food. My health is first and foremost! Better make sure I got all the groceries.

LOL ... I'm way ahead of you Pagafyr. I lost count along the way so I'm perpetually on "another one, then another one" (though I suppose you could make the point that I'm actually way behind ... or stuck in "the way of the behind" or some similar variation on the theme).

Woke up to our first truly spring like day so I'm headed outdoors to wash the Jeep!!

- Edit - One clean Jeep and one very tuckered out Striker.

Edited by Striker879

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

You're welcome!

999 1000 Phew!

LOL ... I'm way ahead of you Pagafyr. I lost count along the way so I'm perpetually on "another one, then another one" (though I suppose you could make the point that I'm actually way behind ... or stuck in "the way of the behind" or some similar variation on the theme).

Woke up to our first truly spring like day so I'm headed outdoors to wash the Jeep!!

Because you reminded me about car care I went out and checked the Sub. (Subaru) Thought maybe it might have gotten dew from the chilled air and dust from the winds. It's still clean and dry docked at the curb. High wind warnings again. It was that way for a week. We just had our first day without wind today.

I tried to get a neighbor to trade their Jeep for landscape work. She needed cash tho. What kind of Jeep do you have?

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

You're welcome!

999 1000 Phew!

Because you reminded me about car care I went out and checked the Sub. (Subaru) Thought maybe it might have gotten dew from the chilled air and dust from the winds. It's still clean and dry docked at the curb. High wind warnings again. It was that way for a week. We just had our first day without wind today.

I tried to get a neighbor to trade their Jeep for landscape work. She needed cash tho. What kind of Jeep do you have?

Actually I'm being rather misleading when I call it a "Jeep" (long story, not really very exciting either). My "Jeep" is a Nissan XTerra, one of the last ones built for the North American market. I go through the dew and dust wars in the summer ... lots of gravel roads around where I spend that brief season we call "Construction Season" here in Canada (with the other being called Winter naturally).