The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I added some parts to tightened up my back gate. Took a short journey to decide what my evening meal could be. Two shops I thought of and drove by. One was closed for the holiday. On the way to the next place to shop I thought of getting a milkshake and discovered the Baskin Robbins 31 flavor Ice Cream shop was closed and cleared out for good. I returned with some groceries to stock my shelves. Picked up the latest patches for FO: New Vegas The Frontier.

Evening meal time.

My evening meal was so good I napped for two hours. Ah! Good food and a nap for the body to prepare for some entertainment.

That's the life! Well; it was the life for someone who I remember seeing in a television show, called, The life of Riley! On with the show!

Or in my case now it's time to play my updated FO: NV The Frontier.

Easy as Pizza (pie).

I was so sure I had a good thing going and a clean setup. Then, as if someone else was in control, I put a whole bunch more mods in the Data folder. I had a mod that had three of the same kind of stuff all mixed in as one with the same stuff as part of the ones I set up already. I kept getting the request to overwrite meshes and textures. I seemed completely confident they were new updated files.

Wrong!!!

I thought the files that did get installed without a pop up questioning me were necessary.

DING!

Well there goes my day?

I didn't even get to play the FRONTIER. Instead I had to make a clean game, losing all my leveling up, and that's not all. When I booted the fresh game up the picture of the room was filled with different pictures from hundreds of mods in Mesh and Texture. One second it was stretched out faces on squares, the next second it was stars, and if I moved my character around the pictures changed everywhere. On the walls, desktops, windows, and control panel. I could not get the images to stabilize! Then in a vehicle all those flipping slide show effects made it real hard to operate the controls for the vehicle.

Looks like if I want to play the game my whole weekend is going to be reinstalling it all from SCRATCH again. :sad:

I

Win!

Easy as Pizza (pie).

Just when I thought I was going to have nothing better to do but pull my beard and cry because I was going to be reinstalling mods all night the cleaning robot started malfunctioning. I was completely exasperated by the message the robot was sending me from the machine. The lady said, "Please clean bumper detection windows." The vacuum cleaner repair guy closed shop with no forwarding address. Wouldn't you know it?!

I didn't understand the message so I looked it up on the Internet.

Wow! I was shocked at how much dust gets into spaces where exposed parts of the machine aren't visible. I had to take the belly casing off. Then the guard bumper panel. The bumper stops it from running into walls or stuff after it maps the floor. I had to take the bumper guard off because I did what it said to get it to release stuff trapped between it and the main body and almost broke it.

While I was disassembling it I found out what the real problem was.

Some long whiskers from some guys with a beard that has whiskers that are nearly two feet long got wrapped around the brush rollers and was causing them to tug against each other. The machine thought it was because the bumper detection windows were too dirty.

Well those little windows were 2/3rds of the way covered so it was a good thing I unhinged it a little or I would have never gotten around to taking it a apart. I now know about dust in between important robot vacuums machines parts. I wonder if this little job qualifies me as a vacuum cleaner repairman now?

While thinking about another lazy man's method to make vacuuming for the housekeeper easier I checked some notes I left and found out why Fallout New Vegas is showing all those pix in the game.

You could say that because the vacuum cleaner took my mind off the problem (and I did get a little sweat from the workout), when I came back to clear up the stuff, on the desktop, the reason I was having strange New Vegas problems was made clear to me.

I forgot to activate > bInvalidateOlderFiles= by changing the 0 to a 1. :dance: Yay!

(click here > I <ereh kcilc>

(click here > Win! <ereh kcilc>

(Or here > Easy as Pizza < and here > (pie). < to see my two mods)

Sneaky :ninja: hunh?