360 epic fail rate

JimboUK

I bought a brand new Xbox360, from a guy that works at a deposit where they sell confiscated stuff from the border(3x cheaper than in stores- a chance that comes once in a life time). The thing is that if you don't realy look after your stuff and don't take care of them, they will brake eventualy. I love my xbox and my 2 games. I am not a hardcore player like I used to be on the PC, but I do spend 2-3 hours a day on it. Works great so far.

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that comes once in a life time). The thing is that if you don't realy look after your stuff and don't take care of them, they will brake eventualy. .

That again, have you ever thought it could be a defect in the console, not all problems come from lack of care. Maybe from microsoft thats lack of care, the lack of care to test every console, or fix the problems :verymad: .

Like my situation i gave up getting it repaired after the third time, whats the point. Plus the sadar in the 360 is of low quality and thats what happened to me as well, it fried the motherboard, thats when it cant be repaired :( .

Also once had the cd drive scratch up one of my games, that really made me mad :wallbash: :verymad: .

it was a massive circle scratch :verymad: .

Your lucky not to have a issue with your 360 :(

That guy at the deposit told me that it's a new model or something that had that "ring of death" fixed. I have friends who realy test the limits of thier xbox. They gather in one's house and play online and multiplayer for countless hours. They also have the same version as I do and have no problems with it.

Also once had the cd drive scratch up one of my games, that really made me mad :wallbash: :verymad: .

I hate to tell you this Thor but all game systems scratch up their discs including PC's and PS3's. Also Pushkatu is right all you have to do is take good care of your 360 and it won't mess up. I know this cause the 1st time i got the red ring I wasn't taking good care of it at all, but now that I have been taking care of it it hasn't messed up since I got it back(about a year1/2 ago.) So next time just install your games to your harddrive like everyone else to reduce the risk of scratching. :thanks: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Check this out from wiki, i am not alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

explains everything.

Almost at the same time the Xbox 360 was released in late 2005, customers began reporting rounded scratches found on discs used in their Xbox 360 consoles. Almost two years later, in February 2007, the website "The Llamma's Adventures" investigated the matter and concluded that some Xbox 360 drives lack a mechanism to secure the disc solidly in place.[33] Tilting or moving consoles with these drives, when operating with a disc spinning inside, can potentially cause damage to the disc, in some cases rendering the disc unusable.[34] The disc can also be scratched by a disc tray not functioning in the right way so that the tray will close the disc in an odd position and scratch one side of the disc. Although this problem is not covered by the warranty,[35] Microsoft's Xbox Disc Replacement Program[36] will replace a limited range of scratched discs that are published in countries where the Xbox was originally sold, for a $20 fee,[37] and released a list of games that qualify for replacement.[38] Halo 3 Limited Edition was replaced at no cost until February 1, 2008 according to the Xbox Disc Replacement Program's main site. Other publishers can be contacted directly for a disc exchange, but it is unclear whether they will replace discs at no cost. Game publisher Electronic Arts details a specific program for this problem which requires the disc and original receipt, also the game must be purchased within 90 days of the request for a replacement disc, or will request a replacement charge of $20 or $25.[39]

When this happened with mine the dvd drive was not moved at all in side my stereo cabinet.

when the dvd drive span up it caused vibration in the case and the disk moved out of alignment.

I agree that it realy sucks when you see your DVDs broken becouse of a stupid malfunction they could have fixed before releasing the product, but from my own experience I found out that these things are not meant to last for long periods of time even if you take good care of them. There are many contributing factors that lead to the "death" of our DVDs, even the place where you keep'em counts. In most cases it's us that brake them and not the machines. My DVDs look like new, so luckly I have no problems with scratches.

Had nothing to do with previously scratched dvd's, almost brand new at the time.

Keeps good care of all my dvd's and electronics.

this shouldn't of happened :verymad: .

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to tell you this Thor but all game systems scratch up their discs including PC's and PS3's. Also Pushkatu is right all you have to do is take good care of your 360 and it won't mess up. I know this cause the 1st time i got the red ring I wasn't taking good care of it at all, but now that I have been taking care of it it hasn't messed up since I got it back(about a year1/2 ago.) So next time just install your games to your harddrive like everyone else to reduce the risk of scratching. :thanks: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

There are plenty of people who have had the thing fail through no fault of their own, I posted a link earlier in the thread that explains why. Anyone who builds their own PCs would be shocked to see the ridiculous design decisions that have gone into the 360. Mine failed and it wasn't mistreated, it was only moved to dust underneath when turned off and it was well ventilated. The 360 has some great games and an excellent online service, as a piece of engineering it's a mess.

There are plenty of people who have had the thing fail through no fault of their own, I posted a link earlier in the thread that explains why. Anyone who builds their own PCs would be shocked to see the ridiculous design decisions that have gone into the 360. Mine failed and it wasn't mistreated, it was only moved to dust underneath when turned off and it was well ventilated. The 360 has some great games and an excellent online service, as a piece of engineering it's a mess.

Silly i am fairly pc savy and coming from someone who knows something about building pc's its a faulty design, you can't argue one who does tech support for fun, you can but it'll just repeat itself lol, and had nothing to do with carelessness like i probably already stated before. Note i'm not saying all are but certainly mine was.

I used to do tech support as a business but didn't really take off.

oh and the ps3 never had an instants of scratching discs?, especially blue ray? try searching google you wont succeed.

atleast i tried didn't come up with anything, i would like to know if there is a such a thing?

Can't argue there about the games i might get a 360 again but so against it, atleast when fable 3 comes out, cant wait :biggrin: .

Also one more thing the online part is ok but very expensive, why would i even conceder going on xlive when i have a console thats completely free and also very nice to, i like the fact there is a download history that lets you download all of your ps3 games that you have purchased completely free :biggrin: . I dont know if the 360 has something like it, haven't been on for a long time.

The problem with my PS3 is it get used with the big TV for blu-ray and the chances of getting near that TV in the evening are nil. I end up using the 360 connected to the PC monitor, I wish the PS3 had VGA. Despite all it's flaws the 360 is still a good investment, there are some really great games on there.