Elder Scrolls Online Nexus and NMM updates

Dark0ne

for some reason TESO feels like that oldstyle mmo metin. 3 forces fighting, 1 center kill all who isn`t with you. the overall layout is about the same.

also another worry i have is about trading. i`m 100% sure all main cities will get oversaturated with merchants/blacksmiths.

for all the people who are ranting about being buggy and stuff. this game is BETA. complain about bugs after the oficial release.

being an avid TES player, it tends to get boring, and has a lot of discrepancies lorewise.

i mean just think about it: TESO happens before TES:Skyrim, yet it has a plethora of stuff that should be present in skyrim. i`m talking about evolution in general. i`m talking about technological advancements. it feels like the characters in skyrim are "devolved".

visually speaking the game is great i have nothing against the artists. i have against the story-planning part.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing elder scrolls since i was a kid in the 90's and mmo's before they were called mmo (the realm, redmoon, ultima online, the list goes on and on.) The main thing with ESO is that it doesnt feel like a Elder Scrolls game. It feels like most other mmo's out there. I wont get into a debate regarding wow, wildfire, swkotor, ect like what has been all over zone chat in the beta's. The game feels hollow, and after you hit the 36 hour mark it feels more like chore to play it. You keep on thinking OK, maybe this next character level will be better or maybe this next quest wont be more of the same.

But the thing is, Fallout and TES they have some serious replay value to them even without the mods because you can be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do. Its very open world. Eso has alot of quests but the main thing is that you HAVE to do the main questline to get anywhere in it. You cant tell a NPC to basically go shove it. You have to be the good guy. The questlines do feel like you are in a cattle chute. The thing that keeps people playing these games is that you can only do so many quests in a sitting before you get sick of it. In TES there is always something else to do in the meantime, somewhere to go. In Eso you can mine, chop wood, or pull your jute. All of which you are running around trying to beat other people to it. You dont have that leisurely window of, ok i can take my time like the other games did. In the other games you are in a private world that is just for you in eso you are sharing the world with everyone. That is something that doesnt appeal to everyone.

Now its understandable that its not what we have come to expect from The Elder Scrolls because technically its NOT a Elder Scrolls game as we have come to know them, its just using the lore from the series. Thats the mistake alot of people are making. They are coming into it thinking OMG A MULTIPLAYER ELDER SCROLLS!!! Then they get there and they have a bad reaction to it because its not what they are used to from a TES game.

I think they set it so far "back in time" in the universe because they knew it would make a bunch of people mad because its not what they have come to know, and frankly what they love from a game branded with TES. But at the end of the day it IS a mmo and it appeals to that crowd. If you want a private world then go play one of the other titles. --Grab some mods plently of life still left in the older titles ;) If you are interested in getting together with a group and experiencing it with other people then you will have fun. If you go into with the mindstate that OK, Im playing the "next skyrim or the next oblivion" you will be disappointed because that world is just for you and you only.

In that respect you have to admit that TES has always been somewhat of a private kind of series where you could escape to and be whoever you wanted to be and do whatever it is you want to do. I feel thats what alot of people are expecting from Eso and that is why they feel it does not deliver. Eso is more for the human interaction and if you dont have that with a mmo you're gonna have a bad time.

All that being said my personal opinion (if you read this far lol) is that a few years ago this game would of been a hit. But today mmo's are dying out and charging a $60 upfront fee then another $15 a month may not be the smartest move. But it is also in a way understandable. They will pull people in with the TES name and once they have your $60 thats it. So it will make money in the beginning. The question is how long will it stay making money? Thats been the hot topic in the zone chats. How long until it goes F2P and at that point what will happen to those of us who paid the upfront fee? Guess we will find out when and if it comes to that. I ordered the $100 physical collectors edition because honestly i just wanted that Molag-Bal statue pretty bad lol.

But when the game is released and we can actually go beyond the lvl 15 cap and finish up the "blocked" quests, and make proper guilds i think that is when things will really start to pick up, the games gonna start to shine a bit more and the monthly fees will help to develop new content. For the people who bought it without experiencing the beta or aren't really into mmo's its going to be pretty grueling for them to stick with it. For everybody else I hope to see you in the next beta and also on release after our characters have all been wiped lol /reloadui

I started with Skyrim and liked it. I tried ESO and i liked it. I played some MMOs in my life but never (it will always be for me) shitty WoW. Im not a fan anymore of MMOs because i got tired to depend on other people to get to the next Step or whatever.

So all those who compare ESO with WoW because maybe never played any other MMO isnt rly in the position to say anything. And all those who say ESO is not like all the TES Single-player Version, then why do you Mod it like crazy? Because it didnt suit your taste 100%. So how can you actually compare this to that?

Sorry if kinda off-topic :>

Im always disappointed about the Armors and surprised that you can Mod an MMO, so i gonna try this if there is an nice Armor Mod!!

Thanks for your hard work so far i guess?

Edited by MadamMelisse

In response to post #12506850. #12507470, #12517230, #12521820, #12566545, #12574825, #12585820 are all replies on the same post.

Not really, I did like Aion, but the progress in the game is WAY to slow, I don't want to spend 5 years on just 1 game you know (already spend 2 years on Skyrim to finish every single quest true all the save bloat and mod testing)
Guild wars 2 is also fine, especially as they are fair enough not to ask a montly fee and still get a DLC like upgrade every 2 weeks, BUT, mmo's simply have there anoying points I keep hating that could eaisly be fixed but never get fixed or renewed, usually a game company remakes or fixes what was in the last game, in mmo's they just keep recycling stuff from other mmo's each and every time, I mean take enchantments in elder scrolls for example, every game it evolved,

now take mmo dungeons, the same each and every mmo, you can't get true them alone (unless very very skilled) always need to do some generic "quests" and then finish a final dungeon boss, duneons are always the best way to make money in a mmo
I mean that gets really boring, they should just ditch the whole dungeon system and make earning money easy by just playing the game, add more world bosses or distribute random quests form various character instead of giving 1 quest to 1 character every time, beside of that also making it with your while doing that quest and something more interesting then "fetch me this, dog"

Thats what I can't stand about ESO right now, you get those limited skill bars instead of a simple left and right hand system with your option menu allowing you to pick ALL skills from ALL classes if you train toward them, instead now mage only gets mage skills, dragon knight only draon knight skills, I mean come on thats not even close to rpg thats just linear progress carefully planted out for you giving you no choice but doing what they programed it to do.

the largest problem still is also "ballance" in PvE you will end up being to weak as they "nerfed" every skill so much that fear only lasts 0.5 seconds, and other effects can't effect enemy's over level 5 (while everybody is level 80, I mean how is that even sensible?) and most skills don't even do any damage anymore unless you go relying on conditions. while in PvP people will keep compaling they are too strong, I say ditch that entire system out of the window, get the classic rpg system that lets you be who you want to be and let it be done with that, if people in pvp start complaining they are too strong or to weak, they should just train or look for a equal match as being able to use every type of skill and tallet ones you reach the max level is simply how it should be, a battle against other players should not be about "how your build works against a other build" or "how much (numbers) damage you can do" or "how much (numbers) damage you can withstand", It should be about pure raw player skill, meaning if you loose in PvP when you do have a rpg build up where you can be anything or everything at the same time, it won't mean your build is wrong or your class is not the best for the situation, it will simply mean you suck and need to train more. That's exactly what would make a mmo more fun, but nobody even has the guts to try a system like that, or perhaps nobody even ever thought about it I don't know, I mean look at elder scrolls in general, seriously put up a list of all spells, weapons and armors in the various games and add all effects they ever had (what weapons effect what armor, what weapons ignore what armor, what armor blocks what weapons, what spells do what effects) if you would just mash all elder scrolls games together and make that online, you would have a supreme mmo, I seriously just can't comprehend, why they did not simply do that and instead had to fall back on doing just another mmo, playing safe going status quo.

Zenimax has already a good history, they are using Bethesda's elder scrolls lore witch is very popular and there goal was obviously to do something revolutionary for mmo's, they did the first person, they did the action combat, even tough the action combat is not super revolutionary as its been done before, but also the mega-server, but after that they stopped, seriously why so limited? they were on a roll, push on when you are going at it and make every aspect of it new and shiny

I will be fair here, I have no grudge to mmo's, but I can't stand how poor the development of each and every single one of those always turns out, just Pvp is never going to cut it, just having tons of people in the same game does not = quality entertainment, you need a good game as base and then let people play that super game together online, as of yet I have encountered no such game, every game never excels in anything, the graphics are good but less (tough this is normal and not really a problem) but none of the quests are ever fun or challenging, ether they are too hard as they were made to "force" you to do those quests alongside other players, pretty much saying "throw your free will out of the window"
or quest are so fairly easy you can just keep pushing the attack button to get true them,
the story also always gets so sidetracked or boring that halfway true nobody even cares anymore, and everything is always focused 90% on pvp, in some games so strong that they might as well just have made only the pvp aspect of the game and sold it like that (not that ESO has bad pvp, ESO seems to have a pvp aspect that even I would enjoy and if they will never nerf any skills then I will never complain, tough I can't agree on the soul gem revive system, seriously makes no sense at all)

TES has so much great things that if they would be converted into a mmo they would fit perfectly, but Zenimax never did that and just made a mmo and threw in random stuff from TES and added tons of other stuff from past mmo's and gave them a TES paint-over, that pretty much ruined everything if you ask me.

I mean people don't seem to get my point here in the first place, TES was and will never be fit to be a mmo, its impossible to do so, if you want a massive multiplayer elder scrolls game, you don't make it a mmo, you make a elder scroll game, and make sure massive numbers of people can play on that elder scroll game online, meaning no fetch me this quests, no PvP worlds, no Pve Only worlds, no class boundry's, no limitations on how you make your character, consiquences to who you kill, no essential characters, being able to hit/kill even your allies, being able to pretty much build up your own story and share it with others wile trying to survive and actually use real strategy in battle instead of the "mash all skills in skill list rapedly while dodging/blocking/healing when the enemy attacks me" mmo style (lets face it, most mmo's don't require "real" strategy as your position never matters unless your enemy has control effects and its not as if your attacks are going to hit your allies/backfire on you/kill important npc's/get negative effects on you/get positive effects on your enemy, in a lot of Tes games stuff you do can heavenly impact whats going to happen next, meaning you need to think 2 steps ahead every time, THAT'S fun quality gaming. put that In a online game instead of recycling all that old mmo stuff. I mean if you are going to make a mmo based on a RPG as famous as TES then at least make sure it has more stuff form TES in it then stuff from past mmo's, throw out all old systems and try something bold and new.

I honestly don't see how Eso is going to last long like this, sure it will keep online and all, but its popularity would be WAY higher if they would have sticked to the RPG aspect and left the mmo stuff as secondary concern I mean you can also have human interaction without boring quests and what-so-not. Heck I bet if they did make it a full RPG that goes online, they would not even need to ask for a montly fee to earn more then they were expecting (perhaps slightly overestimated but it would drawn a lot more people as the buyer-group would be expanded to mmo fans and rpg fans, instead of as now only mmo fans)
they try to aim the market to tes fans to, but seriously just coating the game in a sliver of lore is not enough to make it a fun game to play. Doing the same chore over and over while given pointless jobs while talking to friends is what I call "my job" The Irony about that one is that I don't need to pay a monthly fee for that one, instead I GET payed to do so, just saying.

Thats just the main problem now, I WAN'T to love and like this game but Zenimax makes it pretty much impossible to do so, so much as been done wrong or simply odd, stuff makes no sense and the play style could have been so much better, asside of that I can hear the Holy Trinity returning to considering what I hear about classes being split up in dps, tank and healer (how boring can it get being given 1 task for each battle for the rest of the game depending on what type you pick at the start?)

If Zenimax would have made any other type of MMO I would never have even turned my head to care, but simply becourse it is TES based, my favorite game series, pretty much the only game series in the world left with a salt pile of strategy and true RPG elements left in this entire world of games, I just can't help but feel disappointed and beaten by Zenimax turning a game with so much freedom, beautiful lore and history into something like ESO, the wrong adaptation of the lore is insulting in some points, and striping it all from the true freedom of choice and building up is just... impossible to express in words. Especially considering, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree on this, that if they would have truly made this a RPG mmo instead of a normal mmo with TES as its base, that it would be a mmo idea that has never truly been done before, and it would have been way better.

anybody that read up to here, sorry for the word wall, golden star for you who are able to read this much, I just have a unfortunate way with words. Edited by jefthereaper

In response to post #12486130.

The reason people don't like this game is because they had a TES background and expected it to be like "Skyrim with friends." When you only come from a TES background and not an MMO background you will of course say the game sucks because it doesn't feel like TES. You probably like it because you come from an MMO background as well as a TES background (not saying there is anything wrong with liking MMOs) where as I don't like because I don't like MMOs and this just feels like an on rails MMO rather than a sandbox RPG. That is just my interpretation on the matter and I respect your opinion as well. :)

Have a quick question regarding addon updates that hopefully someone can answer. I was able to figure out how to add Elder Scrolls Online mods into the NMM that I had downloaded from www.esoui.com, but I can't figure out how to configure the program to automatically search for updates to these addons. Any help would be greatlly appreciated! :blush: