Elder Scrolls Online Nexus and NMM updates

Dark0ne

In response to post #12515930.

1. they chose the 2nd era because there was no lore, it was a blank state

2. you can walk freely into Cyrodil because its the PVP zone of course you're gonna die.

3. i dont get what you're saying combo moves

4. if think TESO has no freedom in its classes, dont play other MMO as TESO has one the most custom-able classes in MMOs. look at the skill trees.... all 15 of them... each with 7 or more moves and passive powers..... now remember all of them can be morphed.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't the place for this discussion. But as pretty much all the comments are about how sucky ESO is I'll get this off my chest.

First off, the beta build we all played this past weekend IS NOT the latest beta build. The latest build is the one with collision detection, the new anchors, improvements, etc. While I think they should have probably released it to the masses to stress test their servers I'm sure there was a reason they didn't. Certain people have special access to a different build than everyone else and they are testing it there. We all participated in a stress test with an older build.

Skyrim is not the "holy grail" everyone makes it out to be. For one thing, it had serious bugs when it first came out. It still has countless bugs that have to be fixed or addressed by the community. I realize we don't have the option to fix their bugs for them with ESO, not should we have to, but s#*!, it was a FREAKING BETA. Get over it. I just hope they do fix most of the bugs in time.

I don't see an issue thus far with the questing. It's miles better than any questing I've done in the many mmos I've played. The only thing comparable was the main storylines in SWTOR. Yet again I point to Skryim since everyone has to compare ESO to Skyrim which in itself is a problem. Yeah Skyrim has some great quests. But the randomized "go kill something in a place I have never loaded with this character before" gets repetitive. Point is, I actually feel important for doing the quests I've done so far in ESO. Skyrim's quests aren't godlike in comparison.

Graphics? How can you b&@*$ about the graphics at all? Runs smoother than enb with many of the effects. It's pretty enough for me. ...just want more hairstyles

Imperial paygate? Whatever...don't care. It's a preorder bonus. I mostly got it for the Rings of Mara so I can marry my partner. At least Elder Scrolls doesn't discriminate.

Come group with me in ESO after launch if you're not part of the hating majority around here.

Edited by wolfstryder

I'm seeing several misconceptions on this thread. :rolleyes:

This is NOT a Bethesda game - it is being done by Zenimax Online Studios - which is owned by the same conglomerate as Bethesda - but is a completely different studio with completely different people and completely different management. Bethesda Softworks makes Single player games and has said they will continue making single player games.

ESO is not Elder Scrolls VI - that will be a single player game and will be along in a few more years. It takes about 5 years to make an Elder Scrolls single player game. And Beth has never given out any information about their next game until about 6 months in advance.

This is a BETA - NOT a game you can just play - they put this up for testing purposes only. It is no where near what the finished product will be. If you just want to play a game - DON'T get involved in a beta - you will be disappointed.

In response to post #12506850. #12507470, #12517230 are all replies on the same post.

hector530:

considering you don't know me, nor can possibly comprehend my way of thinking or what games I play and don't, your argument is invalid and more a troll instead of a decent answer, my comment was about the game, there is no need for you to make this personal by making a offensive move towards my life/game style, what also by the way, has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

as to satisfy your curiocity, 3 mmo's I played to the end game, PvE only obviously, never waisting time on PvP or other useless things beside the story, 2 of them were generic and felt exactly the game, other mmo's I see (youtube, blogs) are exactly the same, all other mmo's I only played half way, feel exactly generically the same, the only mmo that ever felt different was Guild Wars 2, wich unfortunately still grasps hold very closely to the classic dungeon system, recycling the system form the last mmo, and the one before that, and before. Its boring as no mater what skills you give them, no mater how you name the classes, no mater how HD you make the graphics, it remains boring at the entire world you play in is static, always sticks to the same pattern, and gives your own character the personality and evolve possibility's of a brick.

TESO Is a generic mmo, the only difference is the combat, first person and slightly ajusted PvE quest system, but all the rest is just a bland copy form any random mmo you pick out of the long list of mmo's, there is no "life" or activity in the world, quests won't unlock depending on what level you are, what you did before or even who you know, and unless people put that in Zenimax's sugestion box at massive numbers, it will most likely not even happen. TESO has little if none RPG aspects, considering TESO is a mmo that uses a RPG as its basis, a lot of RPG elements are hardly too much to ask for right? more so it seemed actually just obvious that it should contain tons of RPG elements, making a bold move to push mmo's to a new level, instead they only did half so.

Personally I think a RPG mmo would hit the top games if it were made, why?
It eliminates annoying level grinding as a RPG focuses on your story and character build up, making choises that impact your gameplay and further quests
It would also allow everybody to be whoever they want to be instead of "healer" for the rest of the game or "tank" for the rest of the game, but instead lets you build out whoever you want to be, also eliminating pointless builds what eventually becomes "I will beat your build with my counter build" so that even if your level is lower you can beat somebody with a different build, instead it would eventually simply come down to what skills you have mastered and how well you wield them (or max level) whoever is the most skillful in all classes as a player, and not just your characters stats.

beside of that I'm just saying it the way it is instead of deluding myself, wherever you or others want to play the game is up to you, its your choice after all, I have no intend to stop anybody, I'm just simply saying i don't like it and saying whatever I notices that is horribly wrong. Edited by jefthereaper

In response to post #12515930. #12517710 is also a reply to the same post.

1. Ok

2. I surely can and being killed by another player in fight is nothing bad. It is what it is, a better and more skilled warrior has defeated me. Being killed by overleveled player that one can do nothing against is totally different story and im glad they made it so that everyone has at least a fighting chance.

It is the occasional single wolf that just magically is more powerful than other wolf, just because someone decided to add levels to them to hinder freedom. In traditional TES verse you could go anywhere and could get killed in realistic manner, not by overleveled generic mob.

3. Example of Combo move have the skill in one handed called "Critical charge" sprint towrds an enemy, do a powerattack and do extra damage plus stagger. Needs some skill to execute, does not need any quicbar button and looks great plus realistic.

4. Yes there is some freedom but no skill trees to select stuff like in other TES games, No Alteration, Destruction, One-handed, alchemey. sneaking, lockpicking etc.

Also these classes just felt off to what TES have formerly been about.

These are only my impressions of my Beta weekend with 32 hours of gameplay, i am not trying to enforce them to others nor rthat i want to. Im just expressing my impression like some other have done as this was what folks at TESO team wanted us to do. Edited by radagast75

@115MAGGOT115 -
If you don't believe a beta is close to the finished product then it's either wilful blindness (because EVERY SINGLE MMO BETA in the last 10 years has changed only superficially since open beta to launch, and many from closed beta), or you don't read any MMO/beta news at all. Sorry, I know that's harsh but its also undeniably true. A BETA is by definition feature complete with only bugfixing and polishing left.

TES:O is an ok MMO, and a very poor TES game. Apart from some names (people, places, spells) you wouldn't honestly know it had anything at all to do with TES!
Seriously. A month of hard work and you could turn this game into "The Blargeflange Tablets - Online!" and no-one would ever realise it was originally TES:O. Edited by perrob

In response to post #12515930. #12517710, #12522775 are all replies on the same post.

I give up this being on topic. lol

@radagast--You lost me on the no one-handed, no alchemy---you can put "points" into all those things. So I am confused as to what you mean by that. Granted it is limited that you level up skill points as you perform these things and when you put your points in things it is picking a new skill upgrade more or less.

But you can pick "improvements" or skills in just about anything but beard growing. And who knows that may be a racial trait choic for Nords in the future. lol

From what I've seen guys, just an FYI (that I haven't seen here) I've heard from a number of people that the client that was tested last weekend is about four months old- the next beta is supposed to have the new stuff from the private testing server. Couldn't find out why they'd stress test with the old client, though.

In response to post #12515930. #12517710, #12522775, #12525250 are all replies on the same post.

I have little idea what game radagast75 was playing last weekend, but the one I was beta testing had all of the skill-trees and liberties he listed. The player only 'sees' the skill trees open up as they level the character. So maybe he never leveled a toon far enough?

I beta tested DDO... I have little idea how radagast75 finds the will to compare the two, but maybe DDO is a lot better now. What I saw of ESO is a lot more streamlined and smooth like Warcraft is. I had very little load time the couple times I managed to actually get a loading screen, minus starting the game up. Edited by 2p1k3