Elder Scrolls Online Nexus and NMM updates

Dark0ne

I agree with every negative thing said about ESO. It is a horrible game, I am very disappointed in its gameplay and build. Honestly I don't see it making it very far. If they are going to pick up the slack of the fail that is called the elder scrolls online, they are going to have to make a next gen elder scrolls 6 or another fallout game. Something original and single player. They seem to make more stable games when it is that way. ESO is not ready for release. WHAT SO EVER!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get why people hate ESO. They say the combat is bad, tons of bugs and such. And yet the game has not been released. It's just a BETA. IT'S A BETA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Well of course there are many bugs. The purpose of them opening BETA is so that they can get feedback, fix it and make the final game much better. You can't expect the beta to be perfect. So please, guys, don't just judge the game based on your experience in the beta. You may comment and conclude how bad the game is when it is released. Don't tell people to hate ESO just because of it's poor beta. It will only make the developers efforts look like a waste of time and money when the game has great potentials. Think what you would feel in their position.

@kleinstaff: So what if Nexus decided to open an ESO mod page? It's there decision and not yours. You may comment on how disappoint you are with nexus for doing it but you must also considers other's opinions too. Don't be selfish.

In response to post #12501555.

Wait, so doing what every other gaming company does is bad? Oh wait, that's right, you're part of the minority of moral high horse twits.

In response to post #12506850.

becourse if they need to fix whatever is wrong with the beta, they should hold back the game for 8 months or longer to fix ALL THAT
TESO (people keep forgetting the elder scrolls series is reffed to as TES, so obviously online should be T-ESO not ESO) is doing a good job qua mmo, but a HORRIBLE job grasping onto what elder scrolls is all about,

to me it feels the same as if some large company just bought a entire factory that makes Ferrari cars, and now starts producing bikes with the brand Ferrari on it, and still have the guts to sell it at the same price of a Ferrari car.

for people who only want to play PvP, this game "might" be good, for people who are fans of the elder scrolls series? don't bet on it. just painting a brand on something else does not make it equally good.
If they wanted a Good Mmo for elder scrollls, they should have taken the RPG elements from morrowind and pre morrowind elder scroll games, add anything that was added from Oblivion and Skyrim,
use graphics between oblivion and skyrim graphics, and ad skyrim's realistic physics (no moon jumps and such) and add the possibility to fail quests, kill important people, you know the heart and soul of a RPG where your actions have a huge impact on everything, then turn that into a mmo, and then TESO would have been amazing. this however what Zenimax made is just a Generic mmo, they just painted some TES aspects over it.

TESO won't even let you build up your own story, you just get some skills assigned to you for whatever class you pick and that is your stick for the rest of the game, thats beyond boring considering every TES game lets you (if you are ambitious enough) can become a Warrior-Mage-Thieving-Assassin-Alchemy-Enchanter-Acrobathic-Legendary-Omniwielding-Omnicasting-Tax Acountant-Werewolf-Vampire-Priest Of The Divines-Knight Of Nine-Nerevenir-(and so on) Hero,

in Teso you start as a warrior and end as a warrior, no progress whatsoever, just a new skill each few levels, I mean come on!

Its beyond me how they could not grasp this when they started making TESO, the fact that a RPG online game has never been done before, something like that would blow the minds of billions of RPG lovers and introduce mmo players to "course and effect, action and reaction" scenario's where your choises might effect the futiure of all your allies of the same faction you are in, (instead of the boring "your group wins, now your good, your group looses, now you decrease X points in ranking power". )

instead they decided to make a generic mmo and add some aspects of The Elder Scrolls, and casually leave out any aspect of a RPG, a TES game is just not a TES game if there is no RPG element.

Just as a fun example, imagin now the game would be if there is a possibility of collisions with other players, meaning you can't just enter a fort with 500 people at the same time in a small hallway, making structure and organization more important "strategy"

picture if people could actually hit there allies too with swords arrows or spells? you would need to put up a more structurized formation "strategy" something mmo players alwasy boast about but never display, you would no longer just be able to mash every attack button in a row to bomb your enemy with your skills, but set up a formation to not kill your allies (obviously the same rule goes for npc's and other players form a oposing faction, meaning anybody can end up killing there allies, making combat that more intense)

picture some slightly less intelligent player killing one of the npc faction leaders? well that would be a bummer would it? that would make the game replace him/her with a new general that makes poor choices, reducing your efficiency in the whole war (or if the leader gets killed by a assassin from a other covenant) only becoming more efficient after a few quests

imagin a less intelligent player killing somebody who just gave them a quest, QUEST FAILED, no reward, no quest, nothing up untill he/she respawns as another generic character that gives a quest somewhat alike of the one you had,
Those things would make it a fantastic mmo, the feeling that the world around you LIVES, that actions have consequences, that you can ether end up being halted by some dumb player that killed somebody very important or keeps killing allies by accident, or halting your opponent factions by killing there leaders or trick them into hitting there own allies,
to build up your character form nothing to ANY class you want, ending up being a master in ALL classes and traits when you hit the max level

sorry for the text wall but I just had to say it, Im getting tired of every game "hand holding" the player, TESO forced it beyond that still by even taking away ANYTHING fun about TES games. Edited by jefthereaper

In response to post #12481485. #12482315, #12486250, #12486630, #12487090, #12487415, #12488795, #12489050, #12490085 are all replies on the same post.

Rethrain: That's because you old school players love the convoluted systems of morrowind and daggerfall. I started with Morrowind back when it came out and it was a decent game, but certainly not some amazing game and it was certainly buggy.

To the rest of you: I think the game is good, and I'm not the only one. The people currently hating the game, saying it's bad, is actually still the minority. Most are simply saying "Hey bugs here" and anyways Bethesda hasn't had a bug free game since Daggerfall.

In response to post #12481485. #12482315, #12486250, #12486630, #12487090, #12487415, #12488795, #12489050, #12490085, #12507675 are all replies on the same post.

Yep, the difference between an RPG and an Action RPG. Though I wouldn't call it convoluted, simply because you had more choices in character creation and leveling, and because of that it made your playthrough a little more interesting... Also, Morrowind wasn't the only game back then with a lot of choices, so it's not as if I was blinded by it's system. And yeah, this is Bethesda and their games are buggy. I'm not sure anyone here is saying the opposite, at least I'm not. Edited by Rethrain

It was my first Beta weekend for TESO. First impressions came when i got to world and after half an hour on the Bleekrock isle, i figured..

"Feel's like im playing DDO"

The graphics, music and the combat with dragon knight all added to that impression. For the whole weekend after that it mostly felt game with Elder Scrolls skin added to it. Everything is too colorful and looks artificial or "Plastic" somejhow.

Playing a mage feels nothing like it was in previous TES installments. Systems were so different and abilities felt too powerful all the tim. Only familiar thing was running out of magicka. In the end it was very fun to play but just does not feel right.

Dragon knight was fun too but first surprise was lack of combos, no running powerattacks or sideslashes. Abilities give some more moves but unfortunately most of them have some magical effect to them that is not wanted with true bladesman. Hitting buttons to use abilities felt very off, i dont seee how they could not add combo moves inbstead of actionbar buttons.

Exploration.. I remember how this was even encouraged. In truth i were lead to small areas by quests. I could explore somewhat further away from that area but then the MMO element, levels, crippled me.

You cant just take and walk to Cyrodil or Skyrim like you could in traditional TES game. You get inevitably killed if you try to explore, just like any MMO.

I have read many books in TES games, i dont remember any of them mentioning Molag Bal invading at that era nor do i remember anything about these achors from the oblivion. I might be just without knownledge, there is many books of histroy after all.

All in all TESO feels like great game and i just pre-ordered the physical imperial edition and will be playing it quite a bit but sadly, it really feels too much off from TES games to be great in that area. No TES combat, no skill trees, no schools of magic to learn separetely. No freedom of making your own class.

I wish they had forgotten PVp/PVE balance to give more freedom. It should be TES so it should have freedom over balance. Im pretty sure that all the roles that traditionally haunt MMO genre are not necessary, you could very well built a working party of players with all the Skyrim systems for example.

Having participated in a couple beta sessions now, I have to say I echo many of the comments made here. As a stand-alone game, ESO isn't bad, it's engaging enough to play though I'm still trying to get leveling/perks system works. To me, it's an ElderScrolls themed game, more than the next installment of the same. I like it, but based on my experiences so far, I won't be spending the $15/month to play as I don't think it's worth it; but then I've never been a big fan of MMORPG's anyways so...I guess I'll be waiting with bated breath for TES VI to come out.