Elder Scrolls Online Nexus and NMM updates

Dark0ne

Don't understand all the hate for this game. This is my 4th beta session (yay for no NDA this time around!) and each iteration has shown improvement over the last. This time around I've been able to spend less time reporting bugs, glitches, grammatical errors and actually look around and enjoy the game world and the limited quest lines they've opened up to the testers. The fact that it has moddability is just icing on the cake.

Unfortunately, real life concerns mean that I won't be purchasing it once it goes live. No point in paying a $15 monthly sub for something I'm only going to be able to play a couple hours on the weekends and such. If it weren't for work and a toddler, I'd definitely do it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #12481485. #12482315, #12486250 are all replies on the same post.

Same old story, jefthereaper. Some people say it's awesome, hyping it up, others that's going to be terrible. For my part, I tend to say nothing until I see it, which is not to say I didn't voice misgivings. And that I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it sucked (TESO). What's worse...they've been losing old school players since Oblivion. Only a few left from Daggerfall and Morrowind. So any guarantee that they appeal to them is automatically fake in my book. I just hope they don't mess it too much.

I do hope they ship it with not as many bugs as the usual TES games...

Edit #1: I edited hardcore and replaced it with Old School. Since I believe there is a bit of a difference. Edited by Rethrain

In response to post #12481485. #12482315, #12486250, #12486630 are all replies on the same post.

Rethrain: well can add to that yes, Morrowind was a good game, Oblivion suddonly had less things then morrowind and Skyrim even less,
tough graphics are fine I hope Bethesda will start focusing again on content instead of looks, currently I am trying to fill the gasps with mods from mod authors or filling up the gasps with my own mods, but even so Teso takes a deep dive below anything Elder scrolls has been.

Personally Teso just sickens me in its current state (and considering they won't ever spend time or money on fixing the flaws and putting in a "you can be who you want' system, I guess it will keep doing so,

as for voice actors, the voice actors sound quite good, however Zenimax made a big fluke with voices from beings who were already voiced in Skyrim,

in my own opinion voices in Skyrim were just magnificent, especially Molag ball and Sheogorath (sheo who also sounded fantastic in Oblivion and won so much rewnown among fans becourse of his fantastic voice and "living into character" way of speaking)

Teso however chose to give them new voice actors, even tough they don't do a bad job as voice actors overall, it just does not sound the same, Sheo speaks too fast and his voice is too high pinched with too little "gruff" in it,
Molag Bal just sounds less scary and threatening then he did in Skyrim,
In Skyrim he has this human touch to his voice, but in a monstrous, sadistic tone to it,
in Teso he just sounds human without the scary threatening part and more like somebody trying to put up a scary Halloween voice (trying) Or at least I think it was Molag bal, officialy they are "the gateguards" from the portals, seen in beta video's at the first gate the player runs into, a huge ghost like version of Molag bal, tough often I can't hear the voice very well, it does not sound that much like Skyrim molag bal and lets face it, the voices from Skyrim were the best in the entire elder scrolls series yet (or at least thats what I think) especially Hermaeus mora, that creepy slurping and strange way of talking made it so amazing.

In response to post #12445910. #12455005, #12459020, #12460295, #12461435, #12462140, #12465570, #12467460, #12467845, #12478750, #12480145 are all replies on the same post.

"You can't fault a game for it's players. Saying "THIS GAME SUX ESPECIALLY SOCIALLY" is, nor ever will be, a valid criticism of the game."

No, I disagree. I couldn't disagree more. You can most certainly blame the game as much as the people. I've played MMOs which the game was terrible, and the the community was even worse. And I definitely blame the game, for not being good enough to attract good players. I suppose if it is subscription that improves it a lot (and I mean a lot). But many games who fell through, and went hybrid and the like...socially are a laugh. So yes, I can blame the game, and the people, not individuals. Edited by Rethrain

In response to post #12481485. #12482315, #12486250, #12486630, #12487090 are all replies on the same post.

Agreed, especially Molag and Sheoth part. Also Lucien Lachance wins! but them not using the Skyrim voices is a big miss. =/ Edited by Rethrain

In response to post #12481485. #12482315, #12486250, #12486630, #12487090, #12487415 are all replies on the same post.

Yeah Lucien's voice is the best in both Oblivion and Skyrim, man I was shocked in Oblivion when he was killed, liked him most out of all characters in the entire game. Touch obviously its no wonder as he is voiced by the same guy that did the lines of Sheogorath XD
I think its amazing how this voice actor can use a very high rasping voice for Sheo, talking very cheery, unbalanced and strange,
while also talking very dark, low, gruff and serious as Lucien Lachance. Those are easily close to opposites, to be able to do both voices so marvelous is just pure talent right there. Edited by jefthereaper

In response to post #12481485. #12482315, #12486250, #12486630, #12487090, #12487415, #12488795 are all replies on the same post.

Yeah, I agree. Best voice actor of the last two games. I never tire of hearing Sheogorath in the Isles. Now I have associated his voice to Sheogorath and Lucien lol. I think he is also the voice of Hermeus Mora, I'm pretty sure. Would be strange to hear another voice actor. But at least we will have our single player anyways, seeing as Zenimax is the branch that makes TESO, and not Beth. So we'll have our games. Edited by Rethrain

In response to post #12481485. #12482315, #12486250, #12486630, #12487090, #12487415, #12488795, #12489050 are all replies on the same post.

yeah Most likely I will let Teso slip by unless it becomes free to play,
just waiting for Elder scrolls 6, nothing beats Bethesda quality (except the minor bugs, but whatever right? quality will never loose its potency from just a few minor bugs)

you dissapoint me nexus

how can you do this and (censored ) yourself for zenimax

only purpose ESO has is to beat as much money they can out of the fans

game niot launched yet and there are microtransactions

pre order now and you can be any race in any faction

pr my favorite

buy the special edition and you can play as a IMperoal

really now where is this going to end the fame already failling and it isn't launched yet

my advice nexus keep away from ESO you will only burn yourself