The Official Currently Playing Thread

Dark0ne

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Killzone 2 currently. What really frustrates me is that many people (the uneducated masses) say Killzone 2 surpasses Crysis in the graphics department, but when you peel back the layers of lighting and effects, it really isn't. Some guy on another forum said a very true statement: "Killzone 2 is like an ugly lady with loads of makeup on, and Crysis is like a naturally good-looking lady."

I have to hand it to Killzone 2, though, it really takes advantage of the PS3's hardware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
at least this time I don't have to pay myself for the first 6 months, they're paying it.

What good friends.

---

I picked up Chinatown Wars this morning. Seems to be packed full of the GTA goodness we all love, crammed into the diminutive DS.

Currently playing Mass Effect and Drakensang: The Dark Eye.

Mass Effect has won over 80 awards since it's release (including one from the NY Times). Bioware has made an amazing achievement: all cinematics are in-game/in-engine graphics, with zero loss in quality. Even more amazing when you take into consideration they did this without writing GPU-specific graphics commands for either nVidia or ATI.

Drakensang is a translation of a German pen-&-paper D&D game. It is old-school Baldaur's Gate & NWN2, with modern code. The game is coded with the very latest DirectSound (the game checks your version). If you don't have it, it won't boot. Solution is to download either the latest DX updates (or the latest SDK) from Microsoft.

Eye-candy galore: 3D graphics are amazing - your eyes actually discern proper height differential when atop a cliff looking down, for example.