Moments you wished you had caught on film

Alehazar

One scene I remember was inside the Arlington Library, the room with the BoS troopers moving in on the lower floor, getting ambushed by raiders from an elevated position. I used my scoped rifle and entered VATS to sneak shoot one of the raiders. I scored a critical hit and instead of exploding into a bloody mess, he was catapulted over the bannister and dropped down to the floor below. Had I recorded that particular moment by using Fraps, it would have looked like some professionally shot movie scene. It was too beautiful to be believed.

At another time I was tossing grenades at a couple of raiders -in VATS. One of them was launched straight into the air in beautiful slo-mo, as if he had used a trampoline. His health was almost gone, but so were my action points. VATS ended and suddenly the crippled, near death raider was standing firmly on the ground, about nine feet from my character, firing his assault rifle at me. It was like he never went airborne. It resembled a scene of one of my recurring nightmares where I think I have vanquished some WWII Nazi with a submachine gun -and suddenly is shooting burst after burst at me, from close ranage, as if I never damaged him at all. The similarity was uncanny.

Another time I beleived I had a sure win over a Super Mutant Master. As I entered VATS, I had a 95% chance of hitting his chest. With my AP increased by Action Girl Perk and a nice shot of Jet I racked up seven shots in succession with my scoped rifle -a custom weapon that usually shreds any enemy at higher player levels. Of the seven shots, only one connected, doing minimal damage. The rest went high and the mutants Chinese Assault rifle cut me to ribbons as I fumbled to change my weapon for a combat shotgun. It was one of those moments I wish I'd recorded, simply because I couldn't believe that most of my shots missed, while I'd anticipated to simply decimate the Mutie. Ouch.

Another scene that looked very cool, was a couple of raiders trying to discipline one of their own -or maybe an enemy raider, I don't know. I used VATS to toss some frag grenades at one specific raider and they all went up in the air and were dead before they hit the ground. That's one of the reasons I like to invest in my Explosives skill.

Agreed, But my favorite part was the

SPOILERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ-----------------------------------------

The megaton explosion. It was amazing, even if I didn't take that path in-game. Thank you youtube. A moment that I accually did have though was when I attacked a group of lurks. (I have a LOT of mirelurk stories, lol.) I jumped from a elevated position in DC to these things, and with my shottie, went in VATS. As I came down I shot him straight in the face, and cleared at least a foot beside him. So he's shrapnel face, and I'm behind him, trying to get out- It looked scripted, lol. So, freaking out I walked backward, shooting the 2 almost uselessly, and finnally, after a LOT of treating them like a bull fighter, they die. Right on Que 2 MORE lurks and a HUNTER come out of the 2 ponds beside this little peninsula. Of course, the hunter charged first, and I shoot the face in VATS. After, scoring a hit, VATS automatically moved me to the slight side of him, just avoiding the ram. Then, I shoot the next lurk point-blank, while the hunter turned, giving me the eye, if he has one left from me, lol. Now, I'm surrounded by a face crippled hunter, a now challenged lurk, and a un-scathed other lurk. Screaming like a maniac in real life, I jump on the slightly higher ground leading off the peninsula, barely missing th head on collision with the hunter, blocking it. Now all 3 behind me- I take the lurk down. There just walking by this point, like a zombie movie gone wrong, lol, walking in a straight like, getting took down one by one. Now The next in succesion already hit one, happened to be beside the hunter- I took him out next, in order- NEXT. Then, I finnally took the final one out. Like a horror movie, lol.

Agreed, But my favorite part was the

SPOILERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ-----------------------------------------

The megaton explosion. It was amazing, even if I didn't take that path in-game. Thank you youtube. A moment that I accually did have though was when I attacked a group of lurks. (I have a LOT of mirelurk stories, lol.) I jumped from a elevated position in DC to these things, and with my shottie, went in VATS. As I came down I shot him straight in the face, and cleared at least a foot beside him. So he's shrapnel face, and I'm behind him, trying to get out- It looked scripted, lol. So, freaking out I walked backward, shooting the 2 almost uselessly, and finnally, after a LOT of treating them like a bull fighter, they die. Right on Que 2 MORE lurks and a HUNTER come out of the 2 ponds beside this little peninsula. Of course, the hunter charged first, and I shoot the face in VATS. After, scoring a hit, VATS automatically moved me to the slight side of him, just avoiding the ram. Then, I shoot the next lurk point-blank, while the hunter turned, giving me the eye, if he has one left from me, lol. Now, I'm surrounded by a face crippled hunter, a now challenged lurk, and a un-scathed other lurk. Screaming like a maniac in real life, I jump on the slightly higher ground leading off the peninsula, barely missing th head on collision with the hunter, blocking it. Now all 3 behind me- I take the lurk down. There just walking by this point, like a zombie movie gone wrong, lol, walking in a straight like, getting took down one by one. Now The next in succesion already hit one, happened to be beside the hunter- I took him out next, in order- NEXT. Then, I finnally took the final one out. Like a horror movie, lol.

I'll just let ya'll use your imagination on this one.

Dunwich Building, second floor (The one with the flashback). MMM mods on (So there were a LOT of ghouls, so many one would think the entire staff of the Dunwich Building had turned into ghouls) and Enclave Commander. A squad of 5 Enclave guys with a mix of rifles and heavy weapons. My girl was wearing a Pre-war suit (the black one), a pre-war hat, shades, and had a hunting rifle and the perk Grim Reaper's Sprint.

Fight must have lasted a good 5-8 minutes, didn't get touched once, and didn't lose a single squad member.

The battle in the mansion in Point Lookout is without a doubt the most cinema-worthy event I've played so far. I thought it would be lame, but the designers constructed some really smart attack patterns for those tribals.

I loved that one too. I did have time to lay out some bottlecap mines at the entrances first hand, but with MMM loaded for that DLC, the place just crawled with Tribals. That was a fun battle.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Super Sledge Beatdown mod, where a critical hit with a Super Sledge sends enemies flying, and causes creatures with an exoskeleton to explode.

I used it in VATS on a Super Mutant. First hit sent him falling backwards, arms spread wide. Second hit was a golf-like upswing, which took his head clean off. It was... phenomenal.

Off the top of my head (gomen, it's been a while) the only one I can think of is the time I loaded up Kuroe4's (Loli-Kuroe, "Talia") savegame somewhere near the Talon HQ. An older version of MMM was loaded at the time.

I barely had time to turn around before I heard the warcries and gunfire from several super mutants charging toward me, including a Behemoth. (MMM, remember?) After popping a few with well-placed laser shots while frantically running around, ducking behind any cover I could find to reload and chem up, I switched to my recently-acquired Vengeance. I took out a couple more muties, but then it was time to take on the Behemoth.

I started backpedalling, pouring fire into the beast as he got closer and closer. Finally, I hit VATS as he started to get a bit too close, hoping to score some headshots and finish him off before he reached melee range.

What resulted was a scene so epic I later spent an hour or so trying to replicate it so I could screenshot it. As the Behemoth closed within melee range, my cute little avatar bent way over backwards, looking like she was on the verge of breaking in half as she lifted the Vengeance to aim at the Behemoth's face as he towered over her, preparing to smite her with his fire hydrant. There were blood spatters on the screen, and you could see a few super muties both dead and living in the background.

I did eventually replicate it, albeit with less epicness. The screenshot is on image share somewhere.

Me shooting a grenade whilst in A.T.S (it should be Assisted Targeting System since Vault Assisted doesn't make sense to me. D:) that just left a raider's hand and killed the three other raiders near her.