I'm so sick of the 2012 lies >_>.

Strangeman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^that was mildly amusing.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/tin_foil_lolcat.jpg

That lolcat is not properly protected, the hat shall have five tips disposed in a diamond pattern with the taler tip in the center.

PS: Other than being kind of ridicule no other side effect was found... just do not get under open sun with an aluminum foil covering the head, it may damage hair

PS2: A few reports talks about minor danger from lightning hits under thunder storms; information yet to be confirmed

To think that the mayans predicted the end of the world is bull. think about it "long count" calendars vary in length and you can't predict the future forever if you already predicted 5-7 THOUSAND years into the future whats the point of going further? You'll be long dead in about 50 years (if you were a mayan maybe longer if you were lucky and if you were young) and you're empire despite all your hopes probably will be too especially if the spaniards have anything to say about it so why bother wasting your time on predicting events that far in advance you can predict a couple thousand more years into the future if you (the civilization) is still around later. It has to stop at some point and because one long count calendar happens to end on Dec 21 2012 means nothing. It happens to be an even number (in mayan 13 something rather) so it makes perfect sense to stop predicting on an even number several thousand years off. That is my rationalle and if the world does end so be it like many have already said we can't do anything about it might as well watch the fireworks before we all go I'd consider myself lucky to witness the end of the world best damn show in the universe (next to a supernova, unless of course we get destroyed BY a supernova in which case: AWESOME!) and hey humans won't be around to maim murder and destroy each other (and the rest of the world for that matter) sounds like a plus to me. Of course I'd like to live out my life a bit but I wouldn't consider myself horribly misfortuned to see probably the third best spectacles of all existence (i mean a planet dieing not specifically Earth, it comes after a supernova and [assuming it happend] the big bang.)

To think that the mayans predicted the end of the world is bull. think about it "long count" calendars vary in length and you can't predict the future forever if you already predicted 5-7 THOUSAND years into the future whats the point of going further? You'll be long dead in about 50 years (if you were a mayan maybe longer if you were lucky and if you were young) and you're empire despite all your hopes probably will be too especially if the spaniards have anything to say about it so why bother wasting your time on predicting events that far in advance you can predict a couple thousand more years into the future if you (the civilization) is still around later. It has to stop at some point and because one long count calendar happens to end on Dec 21 2012 means nothing. It happens to be an even number (in mayan 13 something rather) so it makes perfect sense to stop predicting on an even number several thousand years off. That is my rationalle and if the world does end so be it like many have already said we can't do anything about it might as well watch the fireworks before we all go I'd consider myself lucky to witness the end of the world best damn show in the universe (next to a supernova, unless of course we get destroyed BY a supernova in which case: AWESOME!) and hey humans won't be around to maim murder and destroy each other (and the rest of the world for that matter) sounds like a plus to me. Of course I'd like to live out my life a bit but I wouldn't consider myself horribly misfortuned to see probably the third best spectacles of all existence (i mean a planet dieing not specifically Earth, it comes after a supernova and [assuming it happend] the big bang.)

How true.

Personally i would like to see a protoss mother ship use the planet cracer on us if it was to end.

I don't think anything is going to happen in 2012, so I don't worry about it. Unless a bunch of people go crazy running around like headless chickens screaming the end of the world and going violent, there won't be anything in my belief.

Of course, none of us can predict the future so while I can't really say that something won't happen, one can't say that something will happen. If we all die, then we all die. There's no escaping it so why should we be worried...?

Still though, I personally don't believe in it. It has been said the world would end so many times in the past (and it never did), that it's becoming old.

I'm thinkig that the calender had to end sometime its not like it can go on forever and besides if the world does end we just hop a flight to mars and rebuild humanity because we humans are a resilient race and we will survive no matter what is thrown at us

A lot of people think is just a bunch of BS, but there are a few...."other"...people that think differently. I think a lot of people mention it just to make fun of the fact how stupid it is. And for the people who honestly think the world is going to end, they can stockpile and be scared to death while we go to the city and have a blast without worry.