ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

How big is the planned worldspace?

It's about 5-6 times the size of Caruthers Canyon (Russell). It will fill the needs of the mod, particularly since it's a one-way trip.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little sample, since I'm giddy from penning dialogue for a "certain character":

Player:

Are you going to use wanted posters?

UNNAMED NPC:

Posters? Only use for those things is to wipe your ass, not a damn thing else. Wasteful and stupid, I call them.

Most look like they were drawn up by a gang of blind hobos. Terrible printing and even worse artwork.

I give you a name, you kill the motherf***er. That's how this business is supposed to operate. It keeps things organized and neat.

Most of the time posters are spread all over creation, and it's a pain in the ass to even find work. Goddamn ridiculous!

You show me the man who invented wanted posters, and I'd gladly shoot him in the face, then stomp his nuts for good measure.

Fairly obvious that character is gonna be the player's "boss" for NVBIII...

So, who wants to take bets on the mystery chief's identity?

Probably Randall

Guest deleted2159825

Just a little sample, since I'm giddy from penning dialogue for a "certain character":

Player:

UNNAMED NPC:

Posters? Only use for those things is to wipe your ass, not a damn thing else. Wasteful and stupid, I call them.

Most look like they were drawn up by a gang of blind hobos. Terrible printing and even worse artwork.

I give you a name, you kill the motherf***er. That's how this business is supposed to operate. It keeps things organized and neat.

Most of the time posters are spread all over creation, and it's a pain in the ass to even find work. Goddamn ridiculous!

You show me the man who invented wanted posters, and I'd gladly shoot him in the face, then stomp his nuts for good measure.

Probably Randall

It's Ronald Dillinger. Really!

Player:

UNNAMED NPC:

Probably Randall

lol for some reason i think it would be hilarious if it was captain ballarms or something. Maybe a possible extreme use of wild wasteland? lol

Player:

UNNAMED NPC:

Probably Randall

You shouldn't have run Ronald. We will find you! :laugh:

Player:

UNNAMED NPC:

Probably Randall

Wait, does that mean where going to be sent after Dr. DoLittle (And I don't mean Eddie Murphy even though that would be just as delightful.) a.k.a. Sir Albert of Chestbreach a.k.a the Man with too Many Freaking Names to Count?

Guest deleted2159825

I'm no stranger to throwing out references, but I doubt I'll ever be so bold as to place one of Al's characters in a mod. They're his babies, and I'd hate to over-reach with his creative material. However, if Al sanctioned something along those lines, I might be willing. It would have to be Wild Wasteland, of course.

Guest deleted2159825

Is the theme or mood I should say suppose to be gloomy? Or will there be a lot of hilarious dialogue options in this?

It is indeed gloomy for the most part, but there will be humorous dialogue options... or at least I hope they'll be humorous.

My personal favorite has involved a quest wherein the player must goad a gunfighter into attacking him/her first, at least if he/she wants the bonus. He can be provoked with the following:

- Call him a coward (Speech)

- "Spill" hot coffee on his crotch

- Tell another card player what he's holding

- Sleep with his favorite prostitute, Lori (who will exclaim your name rather loudly)

- Stare at his moustache repeatedly, eventually spurring him into attacking (he is obsessed with his moustache)

I will also include a few bizarre Wild Wasteland options in dialogue. Should the option to stare at someone arise, don't pass it up if you have that perk. There is at least one encounter in The Inheritance that no one has commented on to my knowledge - it involved a stare-down with a courier.

Edited by someguy2000

Is the theme or mood I should say suppose to be gloomy? Or will there be a lot of hilarious dialogue options in this?

It is indeed gloomy for the most part, but there will be humorous dialogue options... or at least I hope they'll be humorous.

My personal favorite has involved a quest wherein the player must goad a gunfighter into attacking him/her first, at least if he/she wants the bonus. He can be provoked with the following:

- Call him a coward (Speech)

- "Spill" hot coffee on his crotch

- Tell another card player what he's holding

- Sleep with his favorite prostitute, Lori (who will exclaim your name rather loudly)

- Stare at his moustache repeatedly, eventually spurring him into attacking (he is obsessed with his moustache)

I will also include a few bizarre Wild Wasteland options in dialogue. Should the option to stare at someone arise, don't pass it up if you have that perk. There is at least one encounter in The Inheritance that no one has commented on to my knowledge - it involved a stare-down with a courier.

Is there an all of the above option? lol