Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

So how much will bounty hunting be a core feature of the mod? Or will most of it just focus on Marko in Utah as a singular bounty?

There are a string of unique bounties (like in NVBI) until the mod's climax.

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

Update:

- Knocked out some dialogue

- Added an unmarked quest

- Implemented more Wild Wasteland content

- Included a Lady Killer speech check that references

. Because it's f*#@ing awesome.

Other notes:

- Many of the townsfolk will have progressive dialogue trees and backstories that the player can unlock through speech check and/or unmarked quests

- There will be at least one romantic interest. And yes, you can go all the way.

- The town's layout is basically finalized, but the NPC's need a lot of work before I proceed with the main quest. There are numerous sidequests that feed into the final act, and they'll be the center of my focus for at least a few weeks.

Thanks for the feedback and support!

I was a bit shocked at the low number of Lady Killer speech checks in the vanillia game compared to the other gender preference checks. I'm mean, seriously its Vegas. Anyway. I always thought it would be funny if their was a Black Widow opition for Russell, only for him to turn you down. :tongue: But thats just me.

Guest deleted2159825

I was a bit shocked at the low number of Lady Killer speech checks in the vanillia game compared to the other gender preference checks. I'm mean, seriously its Vegas. Anyway. I always thought it would be funny if their was a Black Widow opition for Russell, only for him to turn you down. :tongue: But thats just me.

I love Russell, but he's still damaged goods. That might be addressed and/or ameliorated in an update down the road.

Writing romance has been challenging enough as it is, but I'm determined to see it through. I have to watch Deadwood periodically for a palate cleanse.

You're dialogue options are always pretty great. A personal favorite of mine is the failed speech attempt towards Duane "the Coyote" in NVB1 when you say something along the lines of "I'm not a bounty hunter, I'm a traveling folk singer."

Made me glad i had such shitty speech :D

Edited by Immodium

I love Russell, but he's still damaged goods. That might be addressed and/or ameliorated in an update down the road.

Writing romance has been challenging enough as it is, but I'm determined to see it through. I have to watch Deadwood periodically for a palate cleanse.

That's putting it mildly with Russell. I have to give you credit. Writing romance is tough even though I, myself, don't really care much for it. I just thought it would be funny for the LOL"s to have a Black Widow check and have Russell respond in the negative. I however, am more curious about the Wild Wasteland encounters. :tongue:

Guest deleted2159825

You're dialogue options are always pretty great. A personal favorite of mine is the failed speech attempt towards Duane "the Coyote" in NVB1 when you say something along the lines of "I'm not a bounty hunter, I'm a traveling folk singer."

Made me glad i had such shitty speech :D

Thanks, I don't recall that one in particular, but I tend to just write the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to failures, even if it's a bit much. It's a failure, anyway, right? ;)

That's putting it mildly with Russell. I have to give you credit. Writing romance is tough even though I, myself, don't really care much for it. I just thought it would be funny for the LOL"s to have a Black Widow check and have Russell respond in the negative. I however, am more curious about the Wild Wasteland encounters. :tongue:

I'm trying to work through it methodically, with an abundance of revision to boot, so it is not going as quickly as my usual dialogue. Nonetheless, it is moving forward.

At present, NVBIII has 737 lines of dialogue, so I wouldn't be surprised if it clears 2,000 or more lines in the end.

Those are indeed awesome song references and, of course, now I'm just that much more teased about it all.

I already know the answer but would be disappointed with myself if I didn't make the offer anyway; should you ever feel like subcontracting the writing for some wasteland romance arcs just give a holler.