Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that note, I may permit the player to bring companions to Utah (let's face it, plenty will do it despite my warnings), but I won't be held responsible for whatever befalls them. Being essential won't save anyone. No one is safe. :devil:

Russell will be glad to hear of that, I'm sure. Or at least until Marko guts him with his own knife.

Funny, even if I knew there was a 100% chance he wouldn't make it, I'd still bring Russell along. A promise is a promise, especially between friends.

Just visited the Soothsayer near Jacobstown again. Foreshadowing makes things seem pretty bleak, at least for Randall and anybody else I meet at Frost Hill. I'm going to have to roleplay the emotional trauma of this mod by taking every Terrifying Presence dialogue option in the Message, Sinners and Slaves, and whenever I hunt down Kagan and the Syndicate

Considering it takes place in a snowy environment, I'm curious to know what your plans are for the landscape. Will the mod come with shiny new wintery textures or something?

Guest deleted2159825

Wow, I might have to turn off all of my hardcore combat mods for this. This finale sounds pretty f***in intense

I will make a note to issue a disclaimer to that effect when I release the mod. Otherwise Jesus might show up...

Just visited the Soothsayer near Jacobstown again. Foreshadowing makes things seem pretty bleak, at least for Randall and anybody else I meet at Frost Hill. I'm going to have to roleplay the emotional trauma of this mod by taking every Terrifying Presence dialogue option in the Message, Sinners and Slaves, and whenever I hunt down Kagan and the Syndicate

One of the plotlines in The Message is how the Courier deals with the long-term effects of NVBIII. The others, not so much. Sinners and Slaves is Inglorious Basterds meets Spartacus, so it's not tied to my Western content as much. The NCR side of the mod involves the player taking the "Sinners" (military prisoners on death row) on a covert mission to aid a slave rebellion near Flagstaff. I'm not sure why I'm explaining so much, other than the fact that this mod was on my mind recently after re-watching Spartacus (and to be clear, I hate the recent tv series).

Considering it takes place in a snowy environment, I'm curious to know what your plans are for the landscape. Will the mod come with shiny new wintery textures or something?

Right now I'm going with vanilla textures, and I'm taking every effort to mimic the landscaping near the peaks of Mt. Charleston. I'm hoping to include custom weather and snow, so if anyone wants to help on that front, please PM me.

So what super gruff ultimate meta uber badass will be voicing Marko?

There will be open auditions, but I know of one actor who would fit the bill pretty damn well. Other than that, I can promise you that it won't be me. I've voiced too many characters as it is.

Thanks for all the support, everyone!

Updates:

- More dialogue

- More random encounters (over 40 now)

- The romance plotline is in place, finally. It was a challenge for me, but an epiphany last night produced a burst of productivity on that front. It's not great, but I don't think it's cheesy. The challenge will be finding a voice actress that can pull it off (the romance is open to male and female characters).

That goddamn romance subplot had me stymied for days, so now I can focus on my usual pursuits - penning absurd Terrifying Presence lines and staging ultra-violence!

I appreciate the comments and feedback. Once the mod hits beta, I'll post openings for beta testers. At this rate, it could be relatively soon (6-8 weeks). No promises, though.

That goddamn romance subplot had me stymied for days, so now I can focus on my usual pursuits - penning absurd Terrifying Presence lines and staging ultra-violence!

YEA! Violence and Terrifying Presence! :devil:

Right now I'm going with vanilla textures, and I'm taking every effort to mimic the landscaping near the peaks of Mt. Charleston. I'm hoping to include custom weather and snow, so if anyone wants to help on that front, please PM me.

I believe weijiesen has been posting images up of an upcoming mod of his that winterifies New Vegas. You might look into asking him?

In fact, here's a link to the images: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/images/78262/?

Guest deleted2159825

I believe weijiesen has been posting images up of an upcoming mod of his that winterifies New Vegas. You might look into asking him?

In fact, here's a link to the images: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/images/78262/?

Oh yeah, I'll be looking into it. Landscaping is just on hold while I work on characters and dialogue.